[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just started working a 10-9 shift at my job. Lunch is an hour
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: biscuit_1.jpg (33 KB, 607x400) Image search: [Google]
biscuit_1.jpg
33 KB, 607x400
I just started working a 10-9 shift at my job. Lunch is an hour at 2:00, but there's no real dinner to speak of, just a 15 minute break around 4:30 and 10 minutes around 7:00. So I need ideas for meals I can eat in under 5 minutes. Just quick things I can rush off to the break room, devour, and get back to work. Or barring that, some dinner shakes I could drink at my desk (snacks aren't allowed, but drinks are, though I'll have to check which one a shake falls under before trying this).
>>
Only 5 minutes? You could jerk off 6 times.
>>
Where the fuck do you work that doesn't allow snacks at your own desk?
>>
>>7211289
Sushi would work.
>>
>>7211289
>snacks aren't allowed, but drinks are, though I'll have to check which one a shake falls under before trying this

Don't check, if they give you shit start looking for another job. Sounds pretty terrible actually since they don't give you a proper dinner break with such a long shift
>>
>>7211289
What do you do?
>>
Most shift work I did (which was factory work) Instead of taking the full hour at once for lunch, they would split it up after taking a vote to see if people wanted that. You would get a half hour for one meal and a half hour for the other meal then one or two shorter breaks of 10 minutes or so. Almost every one brought in their own food so half an hour was plenty of time to eat it. You should see if you could try that since it's still the same amount of break time.
>>
>>7211289
Trail mix packets (or ziplocs) are pretty fast to eat and can vary from your breakfast cereal and nuts and fruits to homemade granola bars A slim jim kind of beef stick (jerky). Hard boiled egg with sprinkle of salt (or a cold deviled egg put back together, and when cooked but still shelled will keep in your fridge all week, so make a batch on sunday, and plan one for each afternoon break, just crack before eat or before you pack it up for work. Grapes are clean and fast, and stay cold next to a frozen bottled water. Mozzrella sticks are fast, enjoy with a couple cherry tomatoes. Dry cookies are great snacks with a coffee break, from biscotti to oatmeal.

I drink the "honest" grape or mango watery drinks, and use them as ice blocks in my cooler for the first half of the day, thawing to enjoy later, and they're quite slushy when half-thawed.
You can stir in some fiber into any drink to make it more filling and shake-like, or you can buy Slim Fast or other protein drink powders. Just get a shake container from tupperware or other sources that break up powders in cold liquids. Keep milk or juice onhand to add to one. Are you dieting? Splenda makes a powder packet plus fiber.
>>
...a sandwich?

>r u srs
>>
>>7211854
call center.
>>
>>7211933
>call center
In that case, a healthy bag of dicks
>>
>>7211289

lol that sounds fucking horrible. why do wagecucks do this to themselves? I bet your wife is fucking your neighbor dan while you are gone for literally 50% of the day
>>
>>7211937
It's customer service/IT work, not telemarketing.
>>
>>7211941
Because I only work 4 days a week. I had first pick of shifts, and I chose this one because it meant I get 3 days off. Factoring in the commute, I spend about two less hours at work every week than I would if I worked 8 hour days.
>>
>>7211915
The idea was to have a little bit of variety in my meals. Not just a sandwich every day.
>>
>>7211289
Make wraps in torillas. There's an advantage to that, they wont get soggy when sitting around over time like a sandwich with bread would.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.