[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Treat yourself to grilled bratwurst on a quality bun with brown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: brat_bun.jpg (54 KB, 540x358) Image search: [Google]
brat_bun.jpg
54 KB, 540x358
Treat yourself to grilled bratwurst on a quality bun with brown mustard. Sauerkraut is good, too.
>>
>>7211176
>Sauerkraut is good, too.
I can never decide whether i prefer kraut or sauteed onions

Your buns a little short, though I completely agree you should never serve them with hot dog buns. Either serve 2 sausages on a kaiser roll sheboygan style, or 1 on a dedicated brat bun
>>
File: 13009612.jpg (25 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
13009612.jpg
25 KB, 410x410
>>7211192

also, this is the best mustard choice that I have found so far
>>
>>7211176
>quality bun
that bread is basically just so you don't get brat grease and mustard on your hands, basically just a vehicle for delivering meat and condiments to your mouth
If it were a good bun, it'd probably be bigger and not just literally any random bread cut to hold something
>>
I don't understand why they serve those on a piece of bread that is obviously too small. Is it just to provide some cover for your hands?
>>
>>7211192

I like northern style sauerkraut the most, the type with apples and bacon in it...a little sugar and butter... gosh.

Bremen was a nice city, too many people eat eels and gutter vermin there though.
>>
>>7211176
>saurkraut is good too
You mean required
>>
Cool, so you just wanna put the $10 I'll need to buy a package of brats, buns, and mustard in my paypal or what?
>>
>>7211216

You're an adult, you should have disposable income...especially this time of year.
>>
>>7211216
How many brats are you buying?
>>
>>7211176

About 8 years ago I stayed with a family in Germany and they made me traditional bratwurst and sauerkraut. Can honestly say say I fucking hate bratwurst. Way too much gristle (spelling?) for my taste. Gristle in sausages is literally one of the most disgusting things I can think of. Is all bratwurst like that?
>>
>>7211222
>Is all bratwurst like that?
no
>>
>>7211176
Spicy brown mustard >>>>all mustards combined
>>
>>7211222
For this reason I only ate shit quality sausages for years because they had a consistent texture. Recently I've went off that type of super-processed sausage but I'm still quite picky and gristle put's me off a lot. Overly meaty (texture) sausages are quite weird to me as well.
>>
>tfw there are people who live in places where stadiums sell more shitty hot dogs than they sell brats
>>
>sauerkraut
>good

No wonder these barbarians lost two(2) world wars
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.