[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to cook another meat pie like pic related, but this time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I want to cook another meat pie like pic related, but this time I want to crack an egg in between the meat and top layer for each slice (6 slices). Should I expect the eggs to be cooked by the time the crust is golden? I'll be baking at 350
>>
>>7210254
The internal temperature of your pie should be 165 whether or not the crust is golden. Tent the crust if you have to.
>>
>>7210254
Meat....pie?

>Amerifats
>>
>>7210266

thanks, I've got a meat thermometer so I'll just target that temp
>>
>>7210270
They're actually more popular in Europe and Australia than anywhere else.
>>
>>7210276
Ok fatty
>>
>>7210319
Enjoy your ban
>>
>>7210322
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_pie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_pie_(Australia_and_New_Zealand)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourtière

Basically popular everywhere -but- the US.
>>
>>7210318
Beef Wellington is sort of like steak, I think 212 is way too much.

I also think whoever told you that is wrong. Steaming meat doesn't prevent it from drying out, paradoxically.

The 165 is just to be safe and sort of hot enough to eat. The meat is basically already cooked when you mix it with your potatoes and whatever and throw it in the crust.
>>
>>7210380
That's like 50 degrees in excess of a regular "well done" roast. Do you have any sources or picture of this? I can't imagine it not being massively overcooked.
>>
>>7210270
>>7210322
Go home shit poster, you are drunk.
>>
>>7210270
It's not an American dish.
>>
>>7210270
I thought it was a british thing
>>
>>7210254
Hey OP, could I have the recipe for the meat pie please or something similar if you cannot share it? Thanks
>>
>>7211661
2x frozen pie crust, one for bottom one for top
1lb of 90% lean ground beef
1lb of ground pork
4 smashed cloves of garlic
1 small onion diced
salt
pepper
red chili pepper flake
1 egg for egg wash

lightly carmelize the diced onion in a pan. Mix beef, pork, garlic, salt, and pepper in the same pan and cook until the visible pinkness is gone from the meat. This part is important: take your meat mix and squeeze out some of the liquid with cheese cloth (or else your pie filling will be soup). put meat mix into bottom pie shell. flatten out the top pie shell and stick it on top. beat the egg and brush it on the top shell to create the shiny browning in the oven. poke a few holes in the top pie shell to vent steam when cooking
>>
>>7211815
also you're likely not going to be able to use all the meat, but 1lb is the smallest increment I can buy from my local market
>>
>>7211818
also bake at 350f till the crust is golden (I don't remember how long exactly)
>>
>>7211821
forgot the most importaint part. Boil a potato and mash it up with the meat, it acts as a binder and smooths it all out
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.