[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite sauce, charcoal, and meat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 20110513-barbecue-sauce-primary.jpg (119 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
20110513-barbecue-sauce-primary.jpg
119 KB, 610x458
What's your favorite sauce, charcoal, and meat?
>>
>>7210137
>charcoal
taste the meat not the heat
>>
>>7210137
A T-Bone Steak is nice.
Good balance between flavor and cost.

Charcoal is fine.

>Sauce

Butter. Then maybe some black pepper.
>>
No sauce please
Mesquite lump
Chuck marinated asada preparada style
>>
Only time I use sauce is for pulled pork and that's usually a homemade white sauce
Royal oak lump
Brisket
>>
>>7210137
>sauce

Franklin's simple sauce

>charcoal

kingston blue bag

>meat

chuck roast cooked into fake burnt ends
>>
File: 1449817661813.png (913 KB, 800x388) Image search: [Google]
1449817661813.png
913 KB, 800x388
>>7210137
I usually go for stubbs

My friend's dad is this professional BBQ guy, he smoked some pork butts the other night. He put out two sauces with it, one was pretty much liquid and really vingegary, the other was thick and tasted like smokey ketchup/molasses and was almost purple in color. Is this what real BBQ is /ck/? I honestly prefer stubbs, I was thinking about making a BBQ sauce similar to it.

Idk about charcoal. For meat I typically buy pork picnics/shoulders because they are cheap and beef ribeyes.
>>
>>7210357
Never seen anyone use a white sauce for pulled pork. Mind sharing?
>>
File: 1450060041738.png (262 KB, 554x514) Image search: [Google]
1450060041738.png
262 KB, 554x514
Sweet Baby Ray's, the sauce is the boss

on some babyback ribs, low and slow in the oven then over a hot gas grill for some charring-lock-in-flavor
oh yaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>7211997
>Never seen anyone use a white sauce for pulled pork. Mind sharing?
Cause he's an idiot. Imagine mayonnaise breaking down in warm pork. Or imagine cold greasy congealed pulled pork with mayo.

White BBQ sauce, which is predominantly an Alabama thing, is a sort of every spice-in-the-cupboard kind of mayo based dipping sauce put on the table, and used for BBQ'd chicken as you pull it off the bone, or drizzled on top of a sandwich. It's used sparingly, not copiously. Its tangy and vinegary, and people like the touch of horseradish in it. It might even be likened to putting cole slaw on a BBQ sliced pork sandwich.

http://www.southernliving.com/food/how-to/a-north-alabama-favorite-white-bbq-sauce
>>
>>7212002
>low and slow
>charring-lock-in-flavour

Living meme detected
>>
>>7212002

Is that a screencap of her face the moment her pants revealed her nethers?
>>
>>7210137
>What's your favorite sauce
Depends on the mood. I like Sweet Baby Rays, carolina mustard, and sometimes vinegary NC hot pepper sauce
> charcoal
Always a gas grill. I'll add a smoker box for oak, mequite or pecan wood flavors from time to time. Just aluminum foil tented damp chips that smoke it up while I do my meat.
>and meat
Whole pork loin, stuffed with garlic cloves every few inches with deep gouges, sometimes I'll cook it on a spit, sometimes I do only a 3lb roast and a simple jerk rub (Badia). Pork loin needs a nice fat cap left on one side to stay juice, or go for the darker meat end. I don't truss usually.
Steaks and a side of grilled vegetables, or shishkebob metal skewered steak is my 90% of the time menu. I'll grill skirt steaks with chimmichurri, or marinated in lime/olive oil for fajitas, or NY strips or rib eyes with oak smoke along with baked regular or sweet potatoes, some slabs of eggplant, zucchini, vidalias or peppers, to enjoy with each bite.

I love grilled chicken wings, rubbed with cayenne+salt+pepper, with a brush of worchestershire thyme butter to keep them moist. Smoked chicken and turkey are some of my favorite things, but it's fussy to do right. I am usually more intending to swim vs watch the grill, or else I'm inside the house prepping or doing a side, not babysitting a grill. But, a beer-butt chicken done with a side (offset) burner can work like an oven substitute.
>>
>>7211997
Well I like it because the one I make is sugar free and has a little kick to it. Don't listen to what >>7212012 said. He read one article on white sauce and suddenly he is expert. You don't mix your pork with your sauce then put it in the fridge you put on your sandwich
>>
>>7210137
Montgomery Inn
Kingsford Original
Chicken Leg Quarters
>>
>>7210137
sticky fingers is best bbq sauce, and i will use it on anything.
>>
>>7212034
>Worchestershire
>chestershire
>>
>>7212025
Yes.
>>
>>7212068
Seems legit, I mean that's how you pronounce it anyway. War - chester - shy - er.
>>
>>7212075
>I mean that's how you pronounce it anyway. War - chester - shy - er.
It's pronounced woos-ter.
>>
>>7212075
You're wrong.
>>
>>7212075
The mods need to ensure the stupidity in your post doesn't roll down too hard on the rest of the board.
>>
>>7212075
Phonetically, you typed out how to type it, but whether talking about the sauce, Worchester MA, or back in jolly ol' english, the pronunciation as Woo-ster is middle english origin if I recall. The first two syllables are always woos-ter, rhymes with less with rooster, than with wussy's -us sound.
The ONLY variant, and both are acceptable variants, is on the last syllable, sheer or shire with a long -i. In fact the same person will pronounce it either way, depending on placement in the sentence. The Hobbits like in the Shire, but add a word or two after it, and sheer rolls off the tongue even easier.
>>
>>7212022
>locking in flavor
OK, I'll give you that
>low and slow
What's wrong with this?
>>
2 parts almost any grocery store sauce and 1 part distilled vinegar.

They are all too sweet and none of them are vinegary enough.
>>
>>7212132
>What's wrong with this?

It's an overused phrase.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.