[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /ck/ hate coffee makers/machines so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: product1.jpg (160 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
product1.jpg
160 KB, 1200x1500
Don't get me wrong, I love the french press meme, but I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape when someone mentions a coffee machine.
>>
>>7209783
>I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape when someone mentions a coffee machine.
I spend lots of time here, and have not seen this. But I'll go on record as not being the biggest fan of drip coffee.
>>
>>7209783

Drip coffee filters all the fats from the coffee, which results in liquid, acid shit.
>>
>>7209809
but it still tastes fine
>>
>>7209783
because none of us work so we have time to wait for the coffee to steep in a french press or take the time to use an espresso machine, unlike like the drip which is good to go
>>
It's possible to get a good cup out of almost any brewing method that allows you to start with whole beans. Grind whole beans in a burr grinder and put them in a Mr. Coffee immediately after grinding. There, that's still better coffee than a majority of people drink.
>>
>>7209783
I'd rather have instant coffee and an electric kettle. More functionality*, practically the same results. In fact, if your coffee machine tends to scorch, then instant coffee will likely taste better.

And instant coffee is getting pretty amazing and cheap. It's only going to continue to improve. Amazon has Starbucks Via for $0.70/serving if I'm reading that correctly.

http://www.amazon.com/Starbucks-Ready-Colombia-Coffee-count/dp/B00438XVGU

*Noodle cups, ramen, tea, add boiling water to condensed soup, etc.
>>
>>7209783
There may also be the aesthetic consideration as well. A big plastic thing sitting on your counter is ugly. So you have an ugly machine that doesn't make very good coffee. Not a particularly lovable thing.
>>
>>7209917
>instant coffee
opinion discaded

The mistake people make with drip coffee is that they leave the the pot on the hot plate.
>>
>>7209783
Drip machines work by pouring boiling water over your grounds and continually overextracting the same beans until the water runs out.
In order to clean it, you need to wipe down the filter chamber, dispose of the paper filter, and wash the carafe.

On a french press, you just wash the carafe and the piston, it's much easier when you make coffee for yourself.
>>
File: 1450042237920.jpg (23 KB, 499x496) Image search: [Google]
1450042237920.jpg
23 KB, 499x496
>>7209849
>He doesn't have 5 minutes to brew a quality cup
Manage your time better
>>
>>7210222
nah cunt id rather sleep, and i dont work, i make most of my coffee after 4 pm
>>
>>7209783
Ass burgers
I use a press, but I don't care what other people use. If someone claims a drip makes the best quality coffee, that's a different matter. I might pipe in if that's the case, depending on my own ass burger tendies that day.
>>
>>7209783
I got my dad a 1900ts for Christmas
>>
>>7209947
>instant coffee is worse than Hitler meme
>>
>>7209809
Stop talking our your ass
>>
Picking up a Delonghi bean to cup espresso machine one of these days. Haters gonna hate.
>>
>>7209783
I own it all OP, cept for a K-cup, but I would certainly buy one for an office setting or vacation home, if it was a shared machine and no one properly cleaned there, or very infrequent use.

I do like instant espresso, use it in recipes, and whether cuban or italian, it's just fine for adding to hot milk for a latte fast. I wouldn't at all want Via for a whole cup. I find the christmas blend and lattes both terrible and barely palate worthy.

At home, I understand everyone thinks the water is too hot for drip and perked coffee, but when I have 8 people, I plug in an electric percolator with 3hour shutoff timer, and it's ideal, and without paper filter, it's one step above drip. Use fresh ground beans of course, and coarse grind.

If I have some really special estate or pricier kona or something I want for myself and up to 4, I'll use a press, but like the percolator, I hate wiping out the grounds. My frech press is just short enough to go into the microwave to heat the water, and dishwasher both, so it's easy cleanup.

If I did morning coffee for more than myself, I wouldn't at all mind a drip with timer, filled up at bedtime and set to brew while I showered. I use the microwaved milk+instant or drink iced most mornings when rushed.

I have a stovetop (moka) for some cuban coffee moods, and a medium-grade pressure espresso maker too, in case I want steamed milk froth, but ehh, both are kind of rarely used unless company is afoot.
>>
>>7209783
I love drip coffee. When I go on business trips to Australia, I go out of my way to eat a few times at Pancakes on the Rocks. It's the best place I've found to get drip coffee in Sydney.
>>
>>7209783

Because their daddies had one.

>>7209809
bullshit on a stick

>>7209888
>>7209917
>>7210205

A standard drip machine makes as good a cup of coffee as you're going to get provided it's clean and you drink it fresh. It's literally the automated, improved version of pour-over coffee that all the 'tists sperg out on. The only reason not to use one is to enjoy the manual process, or you only need one cup at a time

>>7211842
right on.
>>
Anyone else waiting for the day they announce that K-cups have surpassed sheet paper for largest volume of landfill waste?
>>
Oh my fucking god
>>
>>7212218
>as good a cup as you're going to get
>can't adjust brew time
>can't adjust brew temp
>water seeps through beans
>no pressure extraction to reduce brew time
>just set it and forget it
nah
If the last thing is what you're going for, great, have at it, but it's pretty shitty compared to many other brewing methods.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.