[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just made a meringue. What should a crap cook do with 5 egg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 272x186) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 272x186
I just made a meringue. What should a crap cook do with 5 egg yolks? If there's nothing interesting/easy I'll just omelet them.
>>
Custard
>>
Actually it's also one egg white, as I fucked up separating one.
>>
Make your eggs then.
>>
Can you manage to fish the 4 good yolks out of the bowl?
>>
egg yolk + oil + stick blender = mayo, aioli, remoulade
>>
>>7208963
shut the fuck up you french bitch
>>
>>7208930
Egg yellow omelet
>>
>>7208930
Smear them on your nude body, then walk outside screaming "I AM THE EGGMAN" repeatedly at the top of your lungs.

Throw in a "KOO KOO GA JOO" every once in a while to taste.
>>
>>7208930
mayo.
>>
>>7209022
Fuck off paul
>>
Carbonara
>>
>>7208963
/thread
>>
>>7208930
http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cured-egg-yolks
>>
> hurr durr mhu salmonella

weight yolk
add same amount of sugar
whisk till white
add heavy cream and rum to taste
if too thick add milk
>>
i dont know
>>
>>7209080
I should try that sometime.
>>
Fry the yolks
Cut them in fours
Season them
Become spicemaster
>>
Theres cakes and desserts that use just egg yolks
>>
>>7209048
Just make amaretti
Dead easy and always worthwhile
>>
Boil 1kg of potatoes, smash them, mix with your eggs, 100g of parmesan, 50g of butter and s&p.
Put in a pan and in the oven at 180 degrees celsius until the eggs are cooked.
Let it cool and cut into portions.
>>
>>7209180
He had yolks you ninny.
>>
>>7209094

I don't really care for myself, chance of salmonella poisoning is very small. I dislike serving it to other people though, don't really want to have the death of one of my elderly parents on my conscience.

Hope to find a cheap sous vide circulator one of these days so I can pasteurize eggs.
>>
lemon curd you stupid nigger, put it on the meringue
>>
>>7209239

do you season the portions differently to learn how to become a spicemaster
>>
>>7209667
Sometimes I don't know you, /ck/.
>>
>>7209022
xD so randum Lol
>>
>>7208930
500ml cream, 175g sugar. Mix the sugar and egg yolks together while scalding the cream with vanilla extract (or bean), and a bit of orange zest. Temper your yolks little by little with hot cream, then put on double boiler and whisk until it's a nice thickness. Pour that shit over French toast.
>>
>>7208930
carbonara
>>
Anything custard based... I would go for creme brûlée or lemon bars...
>>
hollandaise sauce
>>
>>7209080
Neat. Got a yolk curing in the fridge now.
>>
>>7210122
>not knowing who the Beatles were
You have to be at least 18 to post on 4chan, cooklet.
>>
C-c-c-c-custard
>>
File: ovos-moles.jpg (34 KB, 513x356) Image search: [Google]
ovos-moles.jpg
34 KB, 513x356
>>7208930
>>
>>7208930
freeze them
then deep fry em
>>
wouldn't a nice omlete with cheese onions avocado jalapenos mushrooms and ham be good?
>>
>>7208930

zabaglione
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.