[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lentil soup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: red-lentil-soup-1024x820.jpg (199 KB, 1024x820) Image search: [Google]
red-lentil-soup-1024x820.jpg
199 KB, 1024x820
What lentil soup recipe does /ck/ use? Recently I tried one (don't remember the source) but it wasn't good.
>>
piss and shit in a bowl and garnish with lentils

WA LA
>>
>>7208862

the epitome of authentic indian cuisine
>>
File: dcs-3788b_1z.jpg (196 KB, 1600x845) Image search: [Google]
dcs-3788b_1z.jpg
196 KB, 1600x845
this is my quick and dirty recipe
carrots, celery, and onion going in a bit of olive oil. Add a can of pick related and a cup of lentils. salt to taste.
>>
lentils + tomato paste + water in pressure cooker. add spices and enjoy.
>>
>>7209009

pretty much my recipe. carrots, celery, onion, garlic. saute for a bit in a little olive oil. add lentils of lots of chicken stock. whatever spices you want to use. i use cumin, cayenne pepper, tumeric, curry and salt to season. add diced tomatoes towards the end. then chopped spinach until it's wilted. serve with a splash of vinegar of lemon juice to top it off.
>>
>>7208850
Red lentil: Onion and garlic sauteed in olive oil, salt and pepper. Tomato paste, lentils and water added. Cook until lentils dissolve into puree. Serve topped with dried mint and squeeze of lemon.

Brown lentil: Onion, carrot and celery sauteed in olive oil. Add garlic, salt, pepper and oregano or thyme. Pinch or two dried hot pepper optional. Add a fair bit of water and cook until lentils are tender. Add handful or two small pasta shape (ditalini is good) and cook until pasta is done but not mushy. Season with a little red wine vinegar and serve immediately.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.