[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>make pizza from scratch, including the dough >thick crust
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: deliciouspizza1.jpg (408 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
deliciouspizza1.jpg
408 KB, 900x1200
>make pizza from scratch, including the dough
>thick crust
>put it in the oven
>cook for 14 mins
>the crust is golden, the cheese is boiling
>the inside is fucking raw
>cook for 5 more minutes
>it's still fucking raw

What am I doing wrong?

Pic unrelated - not my pizza
>>
what heat
>>
>>7208819
220 C (430 F)
>>
>>7208819
er, temperature I guess
>>
>>7208815
take a look at a frozen pizza m7. tombstone takes like 19 minutes at 425 and that is only like 3/8 of an inch thick

your dough is too thick and you cooked it at too low a temp
>>
>>7208822
crank it to max. high heat for pizza. autistic brickovenfags have ovens that go up to 800, don't worry about burning it, you won't.
>>
>>7208831
Nothing autistic about cooking food properly.
Now go back to your jack thread please, faggot.
>>
>>7208859
Building yourself a gay little brick oven just so you can reheat your frozen pizza like they do in Tuscany (which you no doubt insist on calling Toscana) is pretty autistic though.
>>
How thick is you're topping on they're?

I make mine owe doh and cook my za in moderate over and it cooks through fine.
>>
>>7208859

youtu.be/MMe_i8PcObI
>>
>>7208872
#literacy
>>
>>7208872
My toppings are very thick. Lots of tomato sauce, then mushrooms, then 5 varieties of cheese and olives and onions on top.

Could it be the reason why my pizza turns out raw?
>>
>>7208815
What do you mean 'the inside'?
I usually pre-cook the crust since my oven doesn't get that hot. Just put the crust in by itself with some flour or some oil, let it cook until it's no longer squishable and has a slight crust. Then flip it over (if you can be bothered) so you have a nice bottom crust, and put the sauce and the toppings on the bottom layer that should also be slightly cooked.

If your crust in thin enough then you dont need to flip
>>
>>7208815
How long do you leave the dough to rise? You have to give it at least 30 minutes to allow it to expand, which allows heat through the dough as it expands even more in the oven. That's what makes it cook evenly.

I think what you're doing is putting it in the oven straight away. When the dough is hard it'll cook like a steak. And if it's at a high temperature, the outside will burn even faster.
>>
>>7208898

yes
>>
File: tumblr_nwn6lr20CQ1rsxqqio1_500.jpg (35 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwn6lr20CQ1rsxqqio1_500.jpg
35 KB, 500x420
>>7208815
use a pizza oven.
pizza ovens circulate the heat evenly. also try a thin crust since it will cook faster and the center will actually cook.
>>
>>7208815
I am assuming you already have a baking stone. if not get one and crnak the heat up. my oven only goes up to 550 but I always bake a pizza no lower than 525

also make sure to precook certain ingredients.
>>
File: 1444065412833.jpg (22 KB, 272x348) Image search: [Google]
1444065412833.jpg
22 KB, 272x348
>>7208872
>za
>>
>>7208898
definitely. Stay with thin crust and less toppings. Also heat oven to max. When it comes to toppings, less is more - i. e. classic margheritta
>>
>>7213180
more can be good.
>>
File: maters.jpg (16 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
maters.jpg
16 KB, 236x236
>>7208815
>What am I doing wrong?

1. No pizza stone or pizza steel. These help transfer heat directly to the pizza, and should be used by anyone that is serious about making decent home pizza.

2. Oven not pre-heated as high as you can go....including use of the broiler. Max that baby out for 45 mins and crank on the broiler for the last 15 mins. You should be using this time to not only heat your oven, but your stone / steel, as well.

3. Not using the broiler technique to cook your pizza. Most ovens have a broiler element on top of the oven, and this is what you want to use to cook your pizza. Place your oven rack, with your stone / steel on it, as close as you can get to the broiler while still being able to slide your pizza in and out. Use pots, if you have to, to elevate that stone / steel so it's like 4-5 inches from the broiler.

4. Not using room temp dough, toppings, and sauce before topping and cooking your pizza. Pull out your dough, your toppings, and your sauce, and place them on your oven as it pre-heats in order to bring them all up to room temp before you top your pizza. Never try to cook your pizza if it's cold.

5. Not using a spray bottle to control crust cooking while under the broiler. Take a spray bottle and spray down your crust when you slide the pizza on the stone under the broiler. This way, the center and bottom will have a chance to cook before the crust does.

6. Not cracking the oven door to keep the broiler element on during cooking. Once you pre-heat your oven with the broiler, the thermostat will turn off the broiler once it gets to a certain temp. To prevent this, crack open the oven door and wait for the broiler element to heat up, spray your crust, and then slide the pizza on the pre-heated stone / steel which is directly under the broiler. Observe the pizza through the crack, and rotate it at about the 2 min mark, and respray the crust if needed. It should only take about 6 mins total to cook.
>>
>>7208880
>hashtags

Are you my wife?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.