[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Becherovka and other Liqueurs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: becherovka.jpg (96 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
becherovka.jpg
96 KB, 1600x900
Does anyone have any experience with Becherovka? I am close to buying a bottle of it but no one I've talked to knows how it tastes!

Also, general liqueur/spirits thread! What do you like, and why do you like it?
>>
File: chartreuse-1920.jpg (250 KB, 1680x1120) Image search: [Google]
chartreuse-1920.jpg
250 KB, 1680x1120
Anyone tried Chartreuse? How would you describe it?
>>
>>7208190
Jager for hipsters
>>
>>7208232
Well what makes you say that? I am genuinely interested in it but the price makes me think twice. The reason I really don't like Jager is the strong anise flavor.
>>
>>7208265
I don't like Sambuca or Ouzo but Jager has a mixed herb taste about it that I don't mind.

Pepperberry Liqueur is rather nice.
>>
>>7208186

I tried becherovka in the Czech republic and loved it. Not a very strong liquor in terms of taste. Pretty unique actually. I'd say it has an "earthy" taste. You can tell it is made with some kind of herbs.
>>
Do they even drink Bevherovka outside of the Czech Republic? I have never seen a bottle at any liquor store I've been to in the US.

If you don't like anise, you won't like it. If you do like anise-flavored drinks, Becherovka is pretty smooth and festive.
>>
I like amaretto sour, but have only made it with Disaronno. I'm sure there are better alternatives?
>>
I got these liqueurs for Christmas: >>7201637

>>7208190
This is probably what I'm going to buy next.

Has anybody here had pastis before? If you're not a huge fan of black licorice, would you hate it?
>>
I've been learning how to make liqueurs at home. I made limoncello and raspberry liqueurs that I'm proud of. My favorite commercial liqueurs are nutty ones like amaretto and Frangelico, so I'm gonna try making hazelnut liqueur next.
>>
>>7208522
Are you going to add caramel to get a desired colour like Frangelico does? I was kind of disappointed when I read that; I thought the hazelnuts would be enough to give it that nice colour.
>>
>>7208528
I wasn't planning on it before, but now that you mention it...

I'm not picky about colors, but if I like the result and want to give it as gifts, I should make it look as good as possible.
>>
>>7208186
Tastes like Christmas.
>>
File: 20120130-189709-ginger-beer.jpg (68 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
20120130-189709-ginger-beer.jpg
68 KB, 610x458
>>7208450
The brand was recently acquired by Pernod-Ricard, so distribution has been increasing quite a bit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.