[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lebanese vs Moroccan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Flag-Pins-Lebanon-Morocco[1].jpg (59 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Pins-Lebanon-Morocco[1].jpg
59 KB, 400x320
Hey, I've been asked out on a date and I have a choice between a Lebanese restaurant and a Moroccan restaurant for dinner. Which cuisine is better ? Which one would you choose ? I never had either.
Thanks.
>>
>>7207827
zhey arr cook zhe same
>>
File: Lebanon.png (2 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
Lebanon.png
2 KB, 284x177
>>7207827
Both are badass. Both had some French colonial influence, while being regional variations on some similar themes. If you like a more Middle Eastern vibe go Lebanese - it's like a mix of Middle Eastern and Greek - tough to miss if grilled meat and salads are your thing. If you prefer spicy meat stews and lamb sausage or really like couscous Moroccan is your jam.

I ever so slightly lean toward Lebanese unless I was in the mood for spicy.
>>
Lebanese by a mile. Morrocan restuarants pretend to be good but it's a flat out lie and their shit is just minced up everything fried, boiled, and seasoned to death with stuff that makes your sweat stink and too much rice
>>
>>7207861
>Moroccan restaurant
>rice

what
>>
>>7207868
Moroccan joints usually have bread, rice and couscous.
>>
Lebanese is way better.
>>
Lebanese if you like salads, appetizers, bread with dips, deserts etc.

If you like to dig in main dishes, soups, fish lamb, tajin etc.. then Moroccan.
>>
Fuck both, and tell the person that you want to go get some 'za.
>>
>>7207859
Implying greek food is different from middle eastern food in any way.
>>
File: massaya.jpg (74 KB, 347x1472) Image search: [Google]
massaya.jpg
74 KB, 347x1472
>>7210048
Similar dishes are found all over the Mediterranean. But the cuisines do vary.

Being Christian the Greeks have pork dishes and dishes cooked in wine, which you don't really find in the Middle East. They have lots of island and coastline, so they do more in the way of seafood than Middle Easterners. They also use spices with a much lighter hand - cumin is pretty common in Middle Eastern food, yet not common in Greek. Greek food is more like Middle Eastern meets Italian than just another riff on Middle Eastern, especially in their choice of herbs - they favor rosemary and oregano over parsley and cilantro.

Part of what makes Lebanese food so good it that Lebanon has been a cosmopolitan, secular place for a long time. The same is not true of much of the Middle East. Hell, the Lebanese even make great wine (pic related).
>>
Lebanese will get your boipucci wetter.
>>
>>7207827
I would personally get Moroccan because I never tried it before.
>>
>>7210105
That was interesting, ty
>>
>>7210048
not sure but middle eastern food doest have much cheese
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.