[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your go-to store bought, sliced bread? Milton's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11
File: miltons.png (303 KB, 590x313) Image search: [Google]
miltons.png
303 KB, 590x313
What's your go-to store bought, sliced bread?

Milton's original here.
>>
>>7206736

Wonderbread or a generic version thereof.

I'm not a special snowflake.
>>
>>7206736
Dave's Killer Bread. The wheat kind, I forget the exact name of it. I don't buy bread often but I like that one.
>>
>>7206741

>buys wonderbread or even searches out a generic version
>doesn't think of himself as a hipster
>>
File: Roman Meal.jpg (175 KB, 768x339) Image search: [Google]
Roman Meal.jpg
175 KB, 768x339
Born and raised on this motherfucker right here, Anon.
>>
File: WAR03.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
WAR03.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>
Grew up eating nature's own. So I typically go for that.
>>
My favourite brand is Whatever's On Saleā„¢.
>>
>>7206768
The only logical choice
>>
Usually whole wheat bread but i love simple truth flax and chia seed bread
>>
File: Organic-Oats.jpg (121 KB, 300x501) Image search: [Google]
Organic-Oats.jpg
121 KB, 300x501
Everything else is shit in comparison, and for some reason only one Big Y near me carries this particular kind.
>>
>>7206790

Do you exclusively feed it to your children, or simply have no taste?
>>
>>7206736

My local bakery.
>>
>>7206743
>Dave's Killer Bread.
I fucking love American brand names
>>
Ate pic related for many years, switched to white bread for a few years, back on the multi-grain.

It feels great not feeling like a blimp after eating one sammitch.
>>
>>7206823
I simply answered what was asked. I could have said, just as truthfully as what I'd said already, that I don't really buy much bread and, rather, I bake my own. But the question was specifically about store bought, sliced bread and my answer to that is "whatever the motherfuck is on sale, nigga."
Simple as that.
>>
HoVis Seed Sensations
>>
>>7206837
this fag is in every thread
>>
File: oro.jpg (33 KB, 182x470) Image search: [Google]
oro.jpg
33 KB, 182x470
I buy it because it's always on sale
>>
>>7207497

No I'm not I've only posted that like twice before, seriously though my bakery poops on mass produced bread.
>>
>>7207549
this fag = "hurr durr local is better"

Reread the thread topic
>store bought, sliced

store bought =/= bakery

Stay on topic or GTFO.
>>
File: merchant trey.png (166 KB, 491x558) Image search: [Google]
merchant trey.png
166 KB, 491x558
>>7206750
>Roman Meal

The name alone rocks hard. I need to try me some of this.

>>7206804
>vermont
>"we're totally organic guys!" "please buy our stuff for triple the price of other brands!" "we're 'organic'!" "peace, love, hemp!"

pic related
it's you
>>
>>7207561

I didn't say local is better, but my bakery is a store that's better than the rest.
>>
File: oroweat-whole-wheat-bread.jpg (24 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
oroweat-whole-wheat-bread.jpg
24 KB, 620x413
Why would anyone buy bread that is not 100% whole grain? It doesn't taste worst than bread made with refined flour (actually tastes better due to more flavor) and it's a lot healthier. Same goes for brown rice vs. white rice.
>>
>>7207687
Seeds on bread are gross
>>
>>7207692
It's not seeds, it's cracked wheat flakes. Anyways, you can buy whole grain bread without anything on the outside of the loaf.
>>
File: 0007225002523_A.jpg (154 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
0007225002523_A.jpg
154 KB, 1500x1500
Cheapest 100% Whole Grain bread I can find @ $2/Loaf. I"m not picky as long as it has several grams of fiber per slice.
>>
File: 073410013748_CF___JPEG_3[1].jpg (531 KB, 454x960) Image search: [Google]
073410013748_CF___JPEG_3[1].jpg
531 KB, 454x960
I eat this just because of the protein. It's not terrific, but it's not too bad
>>
>>7207687
>>7207720
a lot of whole grain breads have a bunch of sugar added to make it more palatable to some people. just make sure you check the sugar content.
>>
Roman Meal forever
>>
I don't buy american bread because it all tastes like brioche
>>
>>7207805
thanks for shitposting
>>
>>7207749
Good point. How many grams of sugar per slice do you think is ok? I think the 100% whole wheat Oroweat that I posted has like 3g sugar per slice.
>>
>>7207834
4g of sugar is a teaspoon, but it depends on how you eat. if you don't consume a lot of sugar in other foods and you're not eating 15 slices of bread per day, it's not too much. you just need to keep the sugar content in mind with the rest of your diet.
>>
File: DarkRussian.png (2 MB, 800x1741) Image search: [Google]
DarkRussian.png
2 MB, 800x1741
I love rye. I wish they made sourdough. Nobody makes sourdough. Except the bakery and they're expensive. I wouldn't even mind if it was the fake citric acid kind.
>>
For something cheap to put around cold cuts or a hot dog, I just go with Kroger High Fiber bread. as a pretty good amount of protein and usually below $1.50 per load.

Otherwise, I just look at various rye brands, usually with caraway seeds and see what seems like the best for the price at the moment.
>>
Dave's Killer Bread - good seed thin sliced
Or if it's not available or too pricey: Franz San Juan 9 grain thin sliced

I just don't like standard size bread slices unless I'm making a sandwich, which I rarely do, it's mainly for eggs and toast or with peanut butter for a snack.
>>
>>7207687
If you read the ingredients, most of those wheat breads use refined whole wheat flour which is not much better.

Safest bet for real whole grains is actually seeing seeds and grains in the bread.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.