[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you, boss: complaints and stories about employers.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: rage.jpg (8 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
8 KB, 260x194
>Run small kitchen solo, only employee in kitchen.
>We've never used forms to apply for holiday, just told boss and she's like yeah fine.
>Tell her in March about sisters wedding mid-august, she's cool with it.
>A month before I go, she starts using forms for holidays.
>Told her about this shit ages ago, she must have accounted for it.
>A week before I leave, she tells me that I can't have the time off because she's booked to go see the Red fucking Arrows (britbong stunt flyers)
>The fuck? I told you about this ages ago!
>Well since we got the new system in you didn't give it me to it in writing, so basically fuck you you're working. (I'm paraphrasing here, but that was the essence.)
>Miss sisters wedding
>It was raining that day, so she decided not to fucking go to the cuntsticking, fuckwadding, goat-felching Red cunting Arrows display.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Still work there though, because been there 3 years, feel invested in the place, and it's the only really shitty thing she's done.
>>
Congrats, you're a doormat.
>>
>>7206639
Post pictures of your sister's genitals here also your boss.
>>
>>7206639

>Run small kitchen solo, only employee in kitchen.

What the fuck did you expect? You should have went to the wedding anyways. Good cooks are always in demand.
>>
>>7206648
Maybe you have a different relationship to your sister than me...
>>
>>7206639
Try carrying multiple around mail bags in NYC you fucking softie. Fuck you, you whiny cunt!
>>
>>7206643
This
You're the only cook, you hold the cards
Let her suffer through a night of service to realize how needed you are
Cooks are in high demand these days because all those scrubs that went to culinary school are asking for more money than they're worth
>>
>ask for time off months in advance
>boss chances how time off is requested
>make no effort to see if this affects your future time off
>assume everything is fine
>it wasnt fine
>get angry at your boss

how stupid can you be?
>>
>>7206754
It's called a contract you dumbass.
Since you're a worthless fagget I suspect that you can't make your own.

You fuckin cunt.
>>
>>7206764

>We've never used forms to apply for holiday, just told boss and she's like yeah fine.

seems like it was just verbal, which means nothing
>>
>>7206639
I worked in a famous local burger joint for a few weeks. I was basically fired because the manager was an asshole that had it against me for some reason.

Here's just a small example of the shit he'd pull:
>everything is busy
>take an order for something called the "Mt. Olympus" burger and write "Olympus burger"
>he sees it and orders everything to come to a halting stop
>tells me I have to write "Mt." to be understood
>calls the grill cook out and ask him if he even understood it
>grill cook obviously says yes, seems confused
>ok everyone, back to work, nevermind

Man that guy was a petty bitch.
>>
>>7206639

should have nutted up and went, you're a piece of shit in all your friends and families eyes now even if they don't tell you.
>>
>Work in shitty chain restaurant
>Boss makes an announcement
>"Everyone is going to have to work two days out of Christmas eve, boxing day, NYE, NYD. Please select two on the form"
>I select to work NYE, NYD
>Get put to work christmas eve
>Pissed
>The girl Im working with on Christmas eve is working 9-4, Im working 11-9
>She selected to work christmas eve, I didnt, yet she has less hours than I do
>Explained to him that he should have given me 9-4 if he was going to give me anything since it was less hours and at least I still have half the day to myself
>"But you get a lie in anon, you dont start until 11, thats much better"

What a fucking idiot. Im now reimbursing myself with free stock until I feel satisfied that I have gained an adequate amount.
>>
>>7206802
>>7206802
>I dont know what a verbal contract is
> what is law
>>
>>7206862
>I work a menial job, complain the entire time and am a thief
fucking loser
>>
It's okay OP. She'll cheat on him and get divorced. You'll make it to the next wedding.
>>
>>7206887
I dont complain the entire time. I actually very rarely complain.

The rest is true
>>
>>7206879

>given a whole month to fill out a form
>doesnt
>>
> Work as a cook in a nursing home
> Have to not only obey my boss, but the Dietician
> Boss has a strict budget, can get in loads of shit with corporate if she goes over it
> This means we don't have a lot of the shit that corporate insists we use to make food.
> Like any sort of cooking alcohol, cream since we don't use enough of it to justify buying it, and fucking ground bison
> Dietician comes in and chews me out for not following the recipes corporate gives me to the letter.
>>
>>7206944
>some places require more than 1 months notice for leave
>being this much of a petty cunt and not knowing about verbal contracts
>defending shitty bosses in a complain thread.

Just leave?
>>
>>7207060
good luck with that shit

https://hbr.org/2011/08/managing-multiple-bosses.html
>>
>>7207254

>hey you remember when i said id need that time off? so i just fill out the form now and were good right?

That simple, and now you look like a pussy to everyone who knows you.
>>
>>7206639
>>7206764
>>7206879
>>7207254

OP confirmed faggot
>>
>>7206639
>>Well since we got the new system in you didn't give it me to it in writing, so basically fuck you you're working. (I'm paraphrasing here, but that was the essence.)
>>Miss sisters wedding

I´m sorry, man but... I would´ve just gone to the wedding. Just find a new job afterwards.
>>
>>7209718
Would have if I could've afforded the risk. Slow town, not many jobs around. Luckily family was OK with it, they know my situation. They still think I should look for another job though. I'm inclined to agree.
>>
>>7209799
Even if everyone else is a big meanie I feel you OP. You don't want to burn bridges if you don't have to and walking out and fucking up a local small business is a great way to never get a job that isn't walmart again. Excellent grown up skills by you. Still, you should look around and jump when you get the chance, your boss doesn't give a fuck about you
>>
>>7211956
Found OPs boss.
You're still a cunt.
>>
>>7206639
>>7206639

So basically, you're a bitch. Your boss is a bitch.

And your sister missed her bro during one of the most prolific days of her life, because you're a bitch.

And you're a bitch.
Did I get all that right?
>>
>>7206639
>so basically fuck you you're working
>Miss sisters wedding
Good little wagecuck.
>>
>>7206639
had a boss pull something simmilar on me for my first job. basically when I got hired said I need these days off several months from now cause I'm goin on a trip
week before bitch schedules me for those days
don't say shit
day to leave comes, I call in and say I aint comin to work today cause I'm goin on my trip and I've either got a job or I don't when I get back
bet back and still have job
>>
who gives a shit about some dumb bitches wedding? She probably, most definitely actually, didn't even notice you weren't present because she was too busy being elated about her wedding.
>>
>>7207254
>he thought people honored verbal contracts

boy have I got some bridges in brooklyn to sell to you.
>>
Not about boss but some cunty salty drunk slav
>ivan comes to order
>only speaks russian
>server does not
>starts yelling at her, chimping out
>go see what's wrong
> he is in hysterics because he needs a plastic bag (????)
> says he will call the police
> I say "alright, go on then"
>slav turns over a table on the way out

wtf
>>
>>7206828
Why would you write Olympus burger when Mt. Olympus is shorter.
I'm guessing they don't have two items starting with Mt. Olympus, so there's literally no chance of misunderstandings.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.