[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else hate the obligation of having to eat shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: SugarCookies2_6885-copy[1].jpg (115 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
SugarCookies2_6885-copy[1].jpg
115 KB, 600x400
Does anyone else hate the obligation of having to eat shitty Christmas cookies?

>at work, someone brought in these damn things
>get asked if I want one, refuse
>little while later, asked again, refuse again
>"but you just HAVE to have one, it's Christmas!"
>"no thanks"
>they press the issue and physically put one in my hand

It's like Jesus Christ just fuck off with your cookies, why do you even care if I eat one? You tell them no and end up looking like you're worse than Satan for it. I had to refuse them no less than 4 times the other day but I finally won out in the end.
>>
why didn't you just take it and not eat it?
>>
Just say you don't like sweet shit.

How do adults get pressured into eating things other than at meals they were invited to?
>>
>>7206557

One cookie isn't gonna ruin your gains retard. Unless you're a lazy skinny fuck like myself, then just tell them you're allergic
>>
>>7206558
I eventually did throw it in the trash when they weren't looking.

>>7206560
Doesn't work so well. Once some woman was passing out chocolate and I said I didn't like it and it erupted into some big thing where they shocked I didn't like it and concluded I was diabetic and started giving me health advice. It's like people just can't comprehend others don't like sweets.

>>7206561
I don't like them because they make me thirsty and have a bad lingering aftertaste.
>>
Sure, I hate eating shitty Christmas cookies, but I like eating GOOD Christmas cookies.
This year, however, I haven't eaten any (can't because of medical shit), and I hate having to explain to people, who are trying to press sweets on me, why I can't have any. Can't a simple "No, thank you" suffice?

All that said, I make fanfuckingtastic Christmas cookies, and I made a bunch for my family this year, and just set the trays out at Christmas (didn't have to force them on anyone) and not a single one was left. It's just unfortunate that I couldn't even try a single one.
>>
>>7206564

>people just can't comprehend others don't like sweets

I usually just say something like I'm more into something like charcuterie, cheeses, or liquors, and "haven't really eaten sugary things since I was little, ha ha".

Or if you smoke, just say if you're going to fuel an unhealthy addiction after a meal you'd rather go out for a cigarette.
>>
>>7206557
I can't say I've ever found myself in such a situation, but it would drive me crazy. Third time around I'd likely take the person aside and let them know they're being rather rude and invasive in a polite manner
>>
just say, "no thank you, i'm not hungry". if you're not an autist who spergs out every time someone asks you a question, they won't ask again.
>>
>>7206557
My mom used to make really good ones so I had no problem eating those.

If it was work, why get uptight about it, just take a few and chuck them in the trash can.

Who the fuck is forcing you to eat them you dumass fagget?
>>
File: 1421947081896.jpg (250 KB, 1024x708) Image search: [Google]
1421947081896.jpg
250 KB, 1024x708
Shitty cookies? What are shitty cookies?
>mfw my mother makes better cookies than a professional pastry chef I know
>>
File: sw.jpg (146 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
146 KB, 768x1024
>>7206659
>>
>>7206659
bu... bu... you're mother was a professional pastry chef and makes cool stuff? Got ya on that one faggit!
>>
File: 1396060882676.jpg (14 KB, 502x417) Image search: [Google]
1396060882676.jpg
14 KB, 502x417
I honestly hate when anyone I work with offers me food. Even acquaintances at college, it still bothers me. This guy was eating a bunch of Timbits and he offered me one, I said no thanks, and he kept pressing it.

>just have ONE man
>what, you don't like them?
>come onnnnnnnn have ONEEEEEEEEEEE

The fuck is wrong with people? The main reason I don't eat food prepared by people at their home is because I don't trust them. Maybe they took a greasy shit and then kept kneading the dough without washing their hands. Maybe they let their fucking cat walk around on the counter while they're baking. Maybe they dropped the fucking things on the ground 3 times and just put them back in the container.

I just don't know. It's why I rarely eat out, and when I do, it's only at expensive restaurants that get excellent grades from the health inspector. People are fucking disgusting, anyone who has spent any time on 4chan knows this. Why would your coworkers be any different?
>>
>>7206701
I think you have a problem
>>
>>7206701
Yeah, I think this is more you than them.
>>
>>7206714
>>7206718

Enjoy your HPV/Hepatitis/AIDS.
>>
>>7206730
Will do
I mean cause we hear stories in the news all the time how thousands of unsuspecting American are inflected with veenirial annual do to improper food handling

Also assuming your the super autismo anon who can't eat food prepared by others your not gonna get aids from dropping your food on the floor
>>
File: Chinese garbage oil.jpg (92 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Chinese garbage oil.jpg
92 KB, 720x480
>>7206557
>I do what people tell me to do because I'm afraid of not being liked

Hang yourself, OP.
>>
>>7206701
>The main reason I don't eat food prepared by people at their home is because I don't trust them.

I'm the same way. TRUST NO ONE. For me I think it comes down to one time in high school I ate someone else's lunch and got violently ill. People just don't adhere to the same sanitary standards as the rest of us. I guess they got immune to their own ways. Better safe than sorry. Also I'm veg so I don't trust them not to use pork fat or something and it's awkward to ask for a complete ingredient breakdown every time you get offered food, so I just refuse.
>>
File: fiveminutes.png (285 KB, 685x439) Image search: [Google]
fiveminutes.png
285 KB, 685x439
>>7206734

>being this ignorant about floor-AIDS

Wow it's like you have a death wish.

>>7206745

This. God knows, some people probably get their jollies by sticking their dick in the cookie dough or something. /b/ once showed me a guy who wanted revenge on his family, so he hired like 10 black guys to cum in a pie crust. He then made a pie out of it and fed it to his family.

Can't take that chance.
>>
>>7206745
Bullshit. You don't eat other peoples' food because you're an overgrown man-child afraid of human contact. I try damn near everything people offer me and I'm fine. I don't necessarily like all of it, but I've never gotten sick from someone else's cooking. Sharing food is the most basic way to build friendships, huggybear.
>>
>>7206557
I HATE sugar cookies
>>
>>7206769
No I work with the public, kids to adults, I don't fear them. But I do fear what went into their food.
>>
>>7206701
Anon has a good point, who the fuck wants to eat random weird shit. If it's someone that I know then that's one thing, but from random motherfuckers who want cheer, no fuckin' way. I'll take a couple cookies or whatever and throw them in the garbage can.
>>
I sure do like those Christmas cookies, sugar
I sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe
The ones that look like Santa Claus
Christmas trees and bells and stars
I sure do like those Christmas cookies baaaaabe
>>
My mom has an assembly line of cookies during Christmas, I don't know why she makes so many considering I'm the only person who eats them and half of them go stale before I finish
>>
>>7206795
Humbug!
>>
>>7206557
As a type 1 diabetic, I totally feel for you. For me, any kind of unplanned carbohydrates can fuck my shit up for half a day. You're not super aware how integral food sharing and food gifts (especially at holidays) are to social interactions until you have some kind of food-related medical condition.

I have two strategies. I can educate every random person about my disease, which is a total pain in the ass, since they then try harder and botch every future sittuation like this, or start policing your food for you. The other option relies completely on social grace, and makes people feel good. Accept a cookie or whatever: "Oh, thank you! I'll enjoy eating this after work tonight! Actually, do you mind if I take another one home with me?" Then after work try it, and decide whether or not to eat it. Next time you see the person, thank them regardlessly. They are trying to be nice. This is one of those times where the thought is what counts. The whole interaction is not about the cookie, or whatever. It's about social bonding. If I can do it, you can, too.
>>
Denying the gift that is eating others Christmas cookies? Literally hitler.
>>
>>7206792

This lady at work kept forcing her disgusting shortbread on me one time, so in front of like 10 people I took a few and threw them right in the garbage. Should've seen the looks on their faces.
>>
>>7206767
Get back to the isle of misfit toys
Tater tots are good to eat
>>
>>7206860
My strategy is this, stay away from genetic misfits like you. I honestly don't care so much... Are you one of the assholes that has to ban peanuts from airplanes because you might be aflicted... fucking die already and leave me out of it.
>>
>>7206891
Good times, I hate those fucking cunts.
>>
File: Bill_Murray.jpg (20 KB, 270x338) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Murray.jpg
20 KB, 270x338
>>7206966
I'm one of those assholes who deals with his own problems privately and everyone likes.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.