[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you microwave bacon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Made20bacon.png (68 KB, 698x382) Image search: [Google]
Made20bacon.png
68 KB, 698x382
Can you microwave bacon?
>>
If you have to. Say the power is out because of a blizzard and all you have is an emergency generator that you can plug the microwave into.

By far, my preferred way to cook bacon is in the oven. About 15 minutes at 350 degrees should do it.
>>
5:30
https://youtube.com/watch?v=AC7ML3KC_0g
>>
>>7206338
That was chilling...
>>
You can eat most bacon raw, but you can also microwave it if you want to give it an even less appealing texture.
>>
>>7206348
Fuck that, I'm not trying to get salmonella.
>>
>>7206338

>you know what i like? i like a bit of quintessential britain
>>
>>7206315
It's fine to microwave bacon. It's quick, about a minute a slice, and you can two layer it with extra paper towels inbetween. Absorbs the oil, stays flattish, gets crispy with no uneveness if you have a larger microwave with turntable. Small one? Forget it. Won't cook evenly.

#1 method is cast iron, browning plus crisping.
>>
>>7206315
Fuck me yes!

You can microwave anything you can fit in the microwave.
Your cell phone, a 9V battery, a spider and thats only three things!
>>
>>7206338

That's not bacon...
>>
>>7206352
We're talking about bacon, not salmon.
>>
>>7206401
baconella then.
>>
>>7206366
Awesome!
>>
>>7206389
Are you simple?
>>
Wrap it in paper towels, stick it in the microwave for 1 minute per slice.

It'll taste like shit. Unlike stoves and ovens, you're not adding any cooking oils, butter, or any.other ingredients that would impart flavor.

>you have to slather butter on all your food to make it taste good? you disgusting fatty.

Cook some scrambled eggs in the microwave and taste them. I dare you.
>>
On the rare occasions that I microwave bacon, I set the power setting on 5 to give me a little more leeway in checking it.

I always seem to overcook it if it is on high.
>>
>>7206315
yes, but oven or stove is superior.
>>
>>7206315
You microwave anything, OP.
ANYTHING.
>>
>>7206389
Yes it is, that is back bacon.
>>
I used to microwave bacon all the time when I was short on time. Even when I wasn't. That shit still tastes good. Paper towel - Bacon - paper towel and then 2-3 minutes or however crisp you want. Shit's just fine.

I hate these threads though. That's what I suggest using sage to flavor the thread.
>>
My family has always cooked bacon in the microwave. We've got a couple of special trays for it even. I think it's fine, but it may be because I'm used to it. I think oven baking it gives it a better texture and crunch though. Can't say I liked pan fried bacon, but maybe I just did it wrong.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.