[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coopers Beer Kit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: cooperbeerkit.jpg (157 KB, 950x513) Image search: [Google]
cooperbeerkit.jpg
157 KB, 950x513
So I got one of these for Christmas and I am excited to brew my first batch of beer, has anyone else ever used one of these before? How did it go? How was the beer?
>>
Looks like a Mr. Beer kit, which is what I got one year. Honestly the beer turns out pretty mediocre. Not totally undrinkable, but if you're looking to make quality homebrew, it requires a bit of investing.

They're basically the "painting by numbers" equivalent of homebrewing.
>>
>>7203814
can you brew beer with it without using their ingredient packs?
>>
>>7203875
Yup.
>>
File: arnie713311.gif (3 MB, 257x212) Image search: [Google]
arnie713311.gif
3 MB, 257x212
are those plastic bottles? do they come with the kit?
>>
>>7203953
Those are what comes with the kit, I'm going to use grolsch bottles.
>>
>>7203800
Ausfag?
I got a similar kit several years back, it's good for a few starter brews but then you realize you need bigger and higher quality equipment.
Sterilization and temperature is the key, I'm in Brisbane and I can't put a brew down atm due to the heat.
>>
>carbonation drops
gross
real, natural carbonation or gtfo
>>
>>7205075
>real, natural carbonation
how is that carbonation any less real or natural?
>>
>>7203800
If you are an alcoholic like me i would recommend getting bigger bottles just for lazyness sake, double or triple size bottles save so much time and effort.

Liquor is pretty crazy expensive in here in canadia so if you have the space this is a great way to save money.
>>
>>7205075
pretty sure it's just sugar for the yeast.
>>
>>7204874
You can put your fermentor in a temperature controlled fridge and keep brewing year round.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.