[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying New Foods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: received_942176622514514.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
received_942176622514514.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
Hello /ck/, not sure if this is the right board or not, so apologies if it's not. Basically, I've had this issue of not really liking a lot of foods since a kid, and it's finally getting to a crippling point in my social life and health. I basically only enjoy junk food and poultry, with a few other basic items. A big issue is being embarrassed of trying new things in public or in front of people, but now that I've moved away from home and am living alone, I don't have that issue.

How do I learn to like new things? Any techniques or tips y'all have used when wanting to acquire a taste for something specific? I'm not saying I need to love really odd foods, but just common stuff like burgers, pasta, soup, etc.
>>
Hmmmm. I'll write you a prescription of 800mg of don't be such a fucking faggot. Take two a day and call me in a week.
>>
If you can't bring yourself to try something most of the world thinks is generally pretty good enough times to acquire a taste for it you should probably just kill yourself.

Also, read the first chapter of, "The Man Who Ate Everything". It's about him trying all the foods he was never really a fan of and finding that they could all be good.

But yeah, picky eaters need to sort their shit out or go extinct. You should be embarrassed, OP, even more so than fat people - at least they like food.
>>
Simple rule: if other people are eating it and not finding it disgusting/sickening, you should do likewise - shove it in your gob, chew, swallow, and don't make a face.
>>
>>7203785
FUCKIN' REKT BRO
>>
All food is good, idiot
Eat it.
>>
>>7203790

https://www.nytimes.com/books/first/s/steingarten-everything.html

This should be required reading for every picky eater.

>the more I contemplated food phobias, the more I became convinced that people who habitually avoid certifiably delicious foods are at least as troubled as people who avoid sex, or take no pleasure from it, except that the latter will probably seek psychiatric help, while food phobics rationalize their problem in the name of genetic inheritance, allergy, vegetarianism, matters of taste, nutrition, food safety, obesity, or a sensitive nature

Keep in mind this was written 25 years ago.
>>
You start with your general mindset and approach on life. I personally believe that the only reason I'm alive at any point is to pursue happiness and new experience, because by exposing yourself to new things, you learn about yourself and ultimately develop a more valid (or just better) character. So for me I pretty much try anything presented to me at least once, given that it won't damage me somehow. Some things I'll try more than once because they're so widely liked that I feel like I must be the weird one for not liking it. Coffee is an example. My girlfriend drinks coffee so I'll try hers every once in a while only to realize I still don't like coffee. Develop the mindset that you're just trying to get the most out of life. To get the most, you have to try things right?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.