[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Visiting my parents and they are STILL cooking on non-stick pans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Visiting my parents and they are STILL cooking on non-stick pans that are so worn they've been cooking on bare aluminium for over 20 years.

How do I convince them to get their act together, bearing in mind they are middle aged and stubborn and I've already told them about alzheimers ("something will get us eventually"), and how durable stainless steel is ("but things will stick to it!")
>>
>>7203461
Just buy them a set of hard anodized pans or something as a gift. What are they going to do, throw away a gift from you?
>>
>>7203478

They are extremely stubborn. They'll continue using the old ones and talk about how the new ones don't match the style of their kitchen or something dumb.
>>
Get them ceramic non-stick instead of teflon.

Explain that teflon is fluoride and the gas it gives off at high heat is literally poison.
>>
>>7203687

Good idea, I want to get them strainless steel plus 1 ceramic pan for eggs / frying etc.
>>
>>7203461

Stainless steel leaches chromium.

If you want something hard wearing, easy to maintain and non toxic get hard anodized or enamel. Both true ceramics, unlike the surface in a ceramic pan which is is a sol gel deposited polymer (not that I dislike ceramic pans, but then I like Teflon too).
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.