[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the meme foods and why are they offensive to you /ck/ anons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (349 KB, 1291x1209) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349 KB, 1291x1209
What are the meme foods and why are they offensive to you /ck/ anons?
>>
>>7203203
Turkey bacon because it's shit
>>
>>7203206
Please elaborate? Be objective in your reply, I require further information.
>>
>>7203203
A deconstructed bacon burger on an artisan roll, topped with avocado, himilayan pink salted caramel chips, kale and sriracha mayo served with an ipa.
>>
File: Loaded-Shakes-Pâtissez-1.jpg (118 KB, 960x784) Image search: [Google]
Loaded-Shakes-Pâtissez-1.jpg
118 KB, 960x784
They look disgusting and taste disgusting.
>>
>>7203230
They are served in jars ffs
>>
>>7203203
bacon because im muslim. I always have to get angry at friends when they dont respect my culture around me
>>
French press coffee. It doesn't taste any better than the auto drip to me. It just looks pretentious and every person I've ever see use it still drowns their coffee in cream and sugar.
>>
>>7203222
Sounds quite nice to be honest.
Also
>checked.
>>
>>7203206
my grandma puts it in her grilled ham and cheese and it aint bad. bacon in general is overrated tho

i hate newer restaurants trying to do shit like hush puppies, biscuits and gravy, and other southern shit especially when they are more upscale.
>>
>>7203261
When you get angry, do you feel like jihading out on them, you know, make the infidels pay and what not?
>>
>>7203203
To me the idea of memefoods is entirely forced and unfunny. Yes, various trends come and go in cuisine, whether you're talking fine dining or fast food. Food is part of culture, and things go in and out of fashion. While this is worth commenting on going the extra step to considering particular foods memefoods really just shows how out of touch the particular commentator happens to be. Because inevitably the foods labeled as such almost always are years old trends or fairly commonplace foods in most of the country, but finally appeared in some backwater, ruffling up someone's autism in the process.

Like this list: >>7203222 You could have ordered that in a gastropub a decade ago with a side of roasted shishito peppers and it would hardly have been cutting edge. We all know Longcat is long, too, but that was over a decade ago as well. Old meme is neither insightful nor funny.
>>
the only real memefoods are nutella and bacon.
I don't hate them, but they're definitely overrated
>>
Is induction cooking a meme?
>>
I hate meme foods because they demonstrate an awful personality flaw of the people who eat them. Food is meant to be enjoyed, not exaggerate or lie in order to show off some worthless trait you are proud of - be that quirkiness, culinary stupidity or whatever. These people rarely eat these foods where there isn't an opportunity to talk about it in order to show people how memetastic they are.

I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didn't hate flashy, pretentious cuisine for the same reason. Just eat what you enjoy in the moment. There is probably some element of genuine enjoyment, but that should be the majority element of why you eat.

Nutella is a great example. I've never had a chocolate/hazelnut spread which tasted worse than Nutella. From the cheapest store brand stuff to more expensive ones, Nutella has the worst flavour, but is the only one I see people memeing about.
>>
>>7203214
I am not that guy but turkey bacon is hot garbage - if anything turkey bacon is a meme because it's touted as being healthier for you and just as tasty as standard bacon, which is a bold faced lie
>>
>>7203901
While bacon is used as a meme by idiot normies, it does have genuine merit for being relatively flavourful for how cheap it is. That being said, I'm talking about real bacon - thick, juicy and salty back bacon. American bacon is meme as fuck. Why by meat with more fat than muscle, burn it to a flavourless charcoal and add flavour with seasoning and syrup? It would be cheaper to pour syrup and salt on burnt wood or potato chips for the same effect.
>>
File: CHA.jpg (40 KB, 217x400) Image search: [Google]
CHA.jpg
40 KB, 217x400
HAVE YOU CHA'D THAT 'ZA TODAY CK? :)
>>
>>7203932
>hate flashy, pretentious cuisine
I think what qualifies as flashy or pretentious is entirely a matter of perspective. I read posts here that suggest some people think ordering a bottle of wine at a restaurant is pretentious, where I couldn't imagine going to a French or Italian place and not having wine with the meal.

I think it's a matter of what you're used to. My mother grew up in a poor family that never went out to eat. She's uncomfortable in any place fancier than a diner. My father traveled a lot for work (with a decent expense account) and has eaten everywhere from Michelin starred restaurants to roadside shacks in the third world. He had Paul Bocuse serve him a meal on the Concorde!

You can imagine my parents have very different ideas about what constitutes flashy and/or pretentious. I think the more experience you have dining out the easier it is to just kick back and enjoy yourself, instead of being annoyed by flashiness or what you consider pretentiousness.
>>
>>7203990
It's pretty simple. If it's about demonstrating art and skill over enjoying your food, it's pretentious.
>>
>>7203230
jesus christ who the fuck eats this stuff. It probably tastes good but who can eat so much milkshake, it looks like an entire days worth of calories in one sitting.
>>
>>7204004
>If it's about demonstrating art and skill over enjoying your food, it's pretentious.
So you never go out to places with serious chefs who employ decent levels of both art and skill so you can kick back and just enjoy their work? It sounds like you're saying eating out at any place where the chef takes pride in what they're doing is pretentious. If that the case I very strongly disagree with you.
>>
Food isn't a joke from the internet,

and you have aspergers if you think otherwise.
>>
>>7204459
memes arent jokes from the internet

you are underage if you think otherwise
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.