[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Why are breakfast foods breakfast foods?" I asked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: Thomas-Pynchon-001.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Thomas-Pynchon-001.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
>"Why are breakfast foods breakfast foods?" I asked them. "Like, why don't we have curry for breakfast food?"
>"Thomas, eat."
>"But why?" I asked. "I mean, seriously: How did scrambled eggs get stuck in with breakfast exclusivity? You can put bacon on a sandwich without anyone freaking out. But the moment your sandwich has an eggs, boom, it's a breakfast sandwich."
>Dad answered with his mouth full. "When you come back, we'll have breakfast for dinner. Deal?"
>"I don't want to have 'breakfast for dinner,'" I answered, crossing knife and fork over my mostly full plate. "I want to have scrambled eggs for dinner without this ridiculous construction that scrambled eggs-inclusive meal is breakfast even when it occurs at dinnertime."
>"You've gotta pick your battles in this world, Thomas," my mom said. "But if this is the issue you want to champion, we stand behind you."
>"Quite a bit behind you," my dad added, and Mom laughed.
>Anyway, I knew it was stupid, but I felt kind of bad for scrambled eggs.
>>
This nonsense belongs in /lit/
>>
>>7203101
>>"Quite a bit behind you," my dad added, and Mom laughed.

lel
>>
Because farmers used to collect eggs from their chickens first thing in the morning and then cook them up for breakfast.
>>
>>7203101
I'm glad all the shitty food is contained to breakfast

>breakfast sausage
>eggs of all forms
>pancakes
>waffles and syrup
>orange juice
>rashers or chipolatas or whatever the fuck british people eat

I got a night job because when I wake up, I want some fucking real food and not have to get a "biscuit" at mcdonalds. Fuck breakfast.
>>
>>7203159
Fuck you. Breakfast food is best food.
>>
File: 15759.jpg (216 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
15759.jpg
216 KB, 1800x1200
>>7203159
You forgot cereal.
>>
breakfast foods typically take less time to prepare because hungry and tired
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 238x212
I am not one of those posters that throws the word 'cuck' around lightly

I'm not a fan of bandying about popular phrases in sensationalist fashion

but john green is a huge fucking cuck
>>
>>7203101
Because they're easy foods to prepare.

>American shitposting
>>
>>7203191
Why?
>>
>>7203194
funny how he can't put down the fork and wait half a second before inhaling that grabage
>>
>>7203194
Ate that every breakfast for a summer. Helped me cut down to abs for the first time. Good times.
>>
>>7203195

because he eats cereal that other people have eaten or some shit. seriously though just look at him
>>
>>7203199
I found the cereal image thing, if that's what you're talking about, and I don't think you know what cuck means.
>>
>>7203201

I didn't make that post, Anonymous isn't a username.
>>
>>7203204
I don't care who posted what. If you're replying to a post, it is assumed you've read the rest of the discussion.
>>
>>7203211

Read it, yes, called him a cuck, no.
>>
>>7203195
>>7203201
>>7203211
>>
>>7203215
I never accused you of calling him a cuck. But you're agreeing with the other poster, when you answer the question I asked him with "because he eats cereal and seriously just look at him". It doesn't matter whether you directly said something when it's the only logical inference.

If you're completely innocent here, you just replied to my earlier post with an incomplete sentence for no reason. So why?
>>
>>7203101
>Anyway, I knew it was stupid, but I felt kind of bad for scrambled eggs.
scrambled eggs is like my family
>>
Breakfast foods are breakfast foods because they are easy to prepare and can be done by a person who has just woken up with minimal thought. Notice how most foods are either just some shit mixed together, some shit cooked together in a skillet, some shit spread on some other shit, or a fruit. It's not a ridiculous construction, it's traits which predispose those foods to be popular in the morning. It's the reason people don't go making fucking crem brule and roast duck for breakfast. Whoever wrote OP's story is a dipshit pseudo intellectual.
>>
>>7203176
Cereal and bagels.
>>
Eggs and meats are excluded as breakfast foods in my country because they're thought to be too heavy and will weigh you down throughout the day.

We eat/drink bread, jam, yogurt, fruit, fruit juice, milk and/or coffee at breakfast. Exclusively.
>>
>>7203265
Same here, and they are easier to prepare/eat. Bread with butter/jam/slice of ham&cheese, and something already ready to drink or a quick coffee.
>>
File: 1445382778507.jpg (118 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
1445382778507.jpg
118 KB, 550x733
>>7203159
>breakfast
>shit
wew
>>
>Implying grits ain't just as good as rice with gravy
>Implying I cain't eat biscuits with fried chicken
>implying sausage don't make god tier sandwiches
>Implying I don't eat grits, bacon, and eggs for supper regularly

Go ahead anon, say it one more gin

Breakfast foods are good all day
>>
>>7203194
beautiful, just beautiful
>>
File: 1443724543623.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1443724543623.png
377 KB, 498x497
>>7203476
>there are people on this earth who don't like shrimp and grits
>>
>>7203476
>cain't
I don't know if that was a typo or meant as representative vernacular of the sort of people who commonly eat shrimp and grits/shrimp and rice because I'm surrounded by Geechee-ass southern negroes and they all say "cain't" instead of "can't" and they tear that shit up on the regular.

Shrimp and grits/rice is fucking delicious.
You do red gravy or brown gravy on yours?
>>
>>7203498
Usually red with lots of pepper

And yes I'm usually surrounded by a bunch of geechee ass niggers. Grew up eating collards, fatback, and cornbread. On that note, has anyone eaten brains and eggs? My paw paw loved them but I'm a bit skeptical.
>>
>>7203476
read all that in a black southerner accent
>>
>>7203159
Go away Woolie. Ruin a playthrough somewhere else.
>>
>>7203554
1) who?
2) I'm guess that's a "lets player"
3) lets plays are for gays and breakfast food eaters
>>
>>7203101

Maybe it's a western/developed nations thing?

I live in a third world country and theres no such thing as breakfast food.

Yeah people usually rice cooked with coconut milk and sambal for breakfast but its also available 24/7 at any 24/7 stall.
>>
>>7203527
I recall stories my mother told of eating brains and eggs, but I'm not sure what sort of brains were used.
>>
>>7203101
>>7203159
>>7203623
the magnificent & dynamic range of this one poster
>>
>>7203224
>scrambled eggs is like my family

What was the original quote? Can't find on google from the "is like my family" part. Wasn't it some kid talking about a certain type of fast food or something frozen?
>>
>>7205556
chicken nuggets from the same asshole that wrote >>7203216
>>
>>7203527
>On that note, has anyone eaten brains and eggs?

I haven't. But, my Dad's side of the family did, as they grew up on a farm. Typically pork brains, but they had cows, too. He didn't have anything negative to say about them, but didn't rave about them either. However, his stories of eating beef tongue have me eager to try it in a deli or taqueria if I happen by a place that has it.
>>
>>7203231
take a good look at yourself and ask who the dipshit pseudo intellectual really is
>>
>>7203498
>southern negroes and they all say "cain't" instead of "can't"
But white southerners say "cain't" too.

If you say it any other way you're a queer.
>>
>>7205682
do you say cain instead of can?
>>
File: Zoolander.jpg (104 KB, 425x658) Image search: [Google]
Zoolander.jpg
104 KB, 425x658
>>7205691
Richard Dean Cane.
>>
>>7205636
>n-no you
It isn't "psuedo" when he's right, anon.
>>
>>7203671
CLEARLY NOT SOUTHERNER'S, BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ANY LMAO
>>
>>7203159
I work 8pm-5am soon to be 10pm-7am and I share this sentiment. Breakfast food is still great but it's the opposite of what you want to eat after working most nights.
>>
>>7205708
>insults intelligence
>uses "lmao"
>southerner's
>>
>>7205712
>after working
Holy shit. It's almost like, now bear with me here because this is gonna blow your fucking mind, these foods are usually best prepared and served after you wake up, to "break your fast".

Wow.
>>
>>7205696
OP never claimed to be an intellectual, yet >>7203231 insulted his intelligence while trying to make himself seem superior.
What he stated was true but his attitude is that of a pseudo-intellectual desu
>>
>>7206265
There's a difference between being a pseudo intellectual and going "you're a fag, this is why you're wrong." I'm not trying to be superior, I'm just explaining why whoever wrote OP's story is a faggot.
>>
>>7206271
you're the one who brought up intelligence senpai, and doing so meant that you believe you are more intelligent than op.
you obviously tried to establish superiority...but failed.
>>
>>7206711

While I find myself coming back to, and enjoying having a gaze at your image, anon, it is a bit on the lewd side for /ck/.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.