[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Improving Fruitcake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: images-6.jpg (20 KB, 395x303) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
20 KB, 395x303
>ayylmao nobody can make fruit cake taste good
Said it for you so you don't have to - care to share recipes on how to repurpose or reconstruct fruit cake?

I actually enjoy fruit cake but only in small quantities like candy because it's richly sweet. I was going to turn them into rum balls instead because I got the alcohol free Homebrand stuff to use up and the alcohol helps cut down the sweetness I think.
>>
Was also thinking of an old breakfast thing where we'd get over ripe bananas and fry them in a pan because they looked unappetising all brown and mushy and overly sweet like that. Great cooked with bacon. Thinking of doing the same with slices of fruitcake for breakfast tomorrow.
>>
File: aaa.jpg (159 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
159 KB, 1024x680
I always loved fruitcake, just never the store ones, they're always kind of shitty for whatever reason.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 800x533
Berauwecka, bitch.
>>
File: 1450041946324.png (103 KB, 339x345) Image search: [Google]
1450041946324.png
103 KB, 339x345
>>7202921
improve yourself by throwing it in the trash
>>
File: fruitcake.jpg (254 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
fruitcake.jpg
254 KB, 1000x750
http://www.food.com/recipe/bourbon-fruitcake-402737

i used this recipe, although i used pecans instead of walnuts. i like it. it's not overly sweet, but a little goes a long way.
>>
I made a fruit cake this year that used no added granulated sugar at all. All the sweetness came from using pumpkin puree and some leftover date puree (that I had used to make pinwheel cookies), and of course the dried fruits. It wasn't overly sweet, but tasted great, everyone seemed to like it., there wasn't any left by Christmas night.

To re-purpose fruitcake......you could crumble it up and add to other baked goods, like muffin batter, or pancake batter, or cookie dough. You could make it even more decadent (if it's a moist fruitcake) by making it into balls, dipping them into a batter, and deep frying them, then dust them with some powdered sugar. You could make the rum balls, like you said. You could make them into cake pops. You could also freeze it for later, fruitcakes freeze really well.
>>
>>7202921
Just make a tea loaf instead, looks kinda like fruit cake and tastes sublime.
>>
The trick to a good fruit cake is alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. Soak the fruit & peel in it before you make the cake. Feed the cake with it while you mature it. Put alcohol in the damn cake.
>>
>>7203100
Looks good
>>
This thread is about what to do with excess fruitcake, hilarious that only the frog poster got it
Guess you kids haven't gotten to stage where you're left with this every year's Christmas party your wife encourages you host.
>>
>>7205984
The OP asked something retarded and we repurposed his potentially retarded thread into something useful.

This is now a general fruitcake thread.
>>
>>7202921

Buy Panettone instead of whatever other inferior fruit cake you were planning on buying and make french toast with it
>>
>>7202921
Talking about fruitcake, I need to start baking next year's batch.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.