[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans hate dark meat? >something something bbc/cuckoldry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
Why do Americans hate dark meat?

>something something bbc/cuckoldry joke

Now that that's out of the way, please explain to me why you people hate what is objectively the tastiest part of a chicken or turkey.
>>
>>7202420

?

they don't
>>
>>7202420
i'm american, and i know a lot of americans who like dark meat. i would say 80% of all americans i know like dark meat. the other 20% are squeamish and don't like dealing with bits of fat, bone, or gristle, or just haven't had dark meat prepared properly.

though the ones who say they don't like dark meat would gladly eat it in a sausage, or if it was shredded and covered with a sauce they liked.

it probably also has to do with the whole "dark meat is bad for you" thing that companies were doing.
>>
>>7202425
>it probably also has to do with the whole "dark meat is bad for you" thing that companies were doing.
Wait what? I've never heard of this.
>>
they don't supermarket be selling packs of thighs and drums all day.

you show up to a bbq party and there's only breast meat you turn 360 and moonwalk away, friendo. Not mention chicken n rice, jambalaya, roast chickens, chicken meatballs...
>>
>>7202429
It is less healthy. Not that fatass cu/ck/s would care
>>
File: Short-Short-Bus.jpg (80 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
Short-Short-Bus.jpg
80 KB, 610x457
It is completely stupid to think 320 million people in a vast country of dissimilar immigrant origins all think alike and have the same preferences.
Do you even know what the word objectively means?
OP is special... really, really special.
>>
>>7202429
decades ago farmers started breeding and companies started pushing for leaner and leaner meat, saying it was healthier than their competitors products. pork and chicken mainly. pork became "the other white meat"

>>7202436
it's less healthy if you eat too much of it, i guess.
>>
Whenever you have a question about American's strange eating habits, just assume that most Americans posting what they eat on the internet are retarded /fit/ fags who take 5 cheat days each week.

Many Americans actually like good food, and seldom eat fast food and processed shit.
>>
we don't
>>
>>7202420
Why to Europeans always ask idiotic questions about what Americans do?
>>
Why do Yuropoors love dark meat?

Sweden and the UK for example are the biggest consumers of ebony rods of meat, and this demand grows monthly
>>
>>7202656
the world may never know.
>>
>>7202420
in my family for thanksgiving most people prefer picking from the tray of turkey breast. My dad and I figure there is something wrong with the rest of our family buts fine cuz more dark meat for us.
>>
>>7202606
>decades ago farmers started breeding and companies started pushing for leaner and leaner meat, saying it was healthier than their competitors products.
This. It was a heavily marketed health fad here. The same kind of idiots who today think gluten will kill them grew up thinking the white meat was the "healthy" part of the chicken, and pork was supposed to be flavorless.
>>
Every year
Every. fucking. year.
my dad has to make a joke about how my mother likes the dark meat (at Christmas)

Every fucking year. fuck dad.
>>
>>7204081
How does their bull feel about that joke?
>>
File: 1417282201031.webm (3 MB, 992x524) Image search: [Google]
1417282201031.webm
3 MB, 992x524
White meat is healthier.
>>
>>7202420

What the fuck are you talking about?

I have chicken thighs at least once a week.

>curry
>bbq
>picatta

Oh, I get it. gr8 b8
>>
>>7204081
at least he's still around, that's pretty unusual
>>
>>7204112

my dad? he left for almost ten years and then came back. its definitely unusual

I fucking hate the holidays
>>
People who don't like dark meat are probably just not used to the actual taste of chicken

These people probably only ever ate breasts growing up, chicken nuggets, strips, tenders, etc and enjoy the flavorless white meat that you can make taste like sauces or spices
>>
>Why do Americans hate /insert noun here/

Fuck off, you mongoloid.
Even most Americans know the dark meat of poultry is the most flavorful and juicy. Only anorexic girls and gym monkeys think the breast is the only good part.
>>
>>7202642
>many
>seldom
Doesn't account for the massive financial success of the industry in your lardtub of a country.
>>
>>7204112
Unusual? Really? Man, I just must have grown up around people with better values......
>>
Only morons prefer the white meat because "muh low fat" and it's located at the top of the bird (and therefore more likely to be picked at).
>>
>visit European countries on study abroad
>enlightened, high-minded, same-aged Europeans virtually all smoke cigarettes
>i was also surprised by how much they cheat on tests, though it could be about the same amount as American cheating but just less discreet
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.