[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: fudlab.jpg (125 KB, 1500x985) Image search: [Google]
fudlab.jpg
125 KB, 1500x985
What does /ck/ think?
>>
One of the few truly trustworthy sources on cooking, as they actually test the claims that they make.
>>
>>7202087
This. I have the E-book downloaded too.

I will say I don't believe their investigation that says it's okay to refrigerate tomatoes though:
http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/09/why-you-should-refrigerate-tomatoes.html
>>
Good enough. I got it for xmas, just making sure this is all nice and wonderful before I start cooking some shit. Hopefully y'all will see results in the next few weeks, also got some shiny ass wusthof knives with it.
>>
>>7202272
Care to share a link?
>>
File: P_001+P_005.png (301 KB, 1367x784) Image search: [Google]
P_001+P_005.png
301 KB, 1367x784
>>7202633
Sorry for the delay, here's the DL link in the attached pic to get around the spam filter (E-Pub Format).
>>
>>7203102
Oh, wow. I wasn't expecting anything, really.
Thank you very much for sharing, generous anon!
>>
I wonder how much of that information (and recipes) is already available on their website. It's probably fine if you need it all consolidated into a book, but I wouldn't spend money on it.
>>
File: 1435141903308.jpg (259 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1435141903308.jpg
259 KB, 1024x683
>>7202272
>>7202087
>>7202082
fucking love that site. but to be honest not every recipe has panned out okay. particularly their shumai and the ramen broth. maybe i'm just doing the later wrong, but it seems impossible to get the blood and browning substances off of the meat.

as for the shumai, i found them to be missing whatever it is that makes them good at other restaurants, though i'm unsure of what. they tasted more harsh and less juicy

otoh, the gyro meat recipe and lesson was dope as soap.
>>
I bought this a few months ago for $25, and honestly as someone who just began obsessing over cooking, I couldn't have asked for anything better. It took the scientific approach and taught me so much within the first chapters.

I would highly recommend.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.