[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Qtddtot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: roasted-root-veggies-550x1070.jpg (66 KB, 550x1070) Image search: [Google]
roasted-root-veggies-550x1070.jpg
66 KB, 550x1070
Questions that don't deserve their own threads

Does anyone have experience with smoked olive oil? The recipe calls for it, but maybe I can just use normal olive oil? How distinct is the flavor?
>>
Atmospheric pressure has an impact on cooking but does it applies when I cook at home, at the third floor ?
>>
>>7201379
Your room acclimates to the pressure on the floor you're on, and the floor you're on doesn't matter unless the building is humongously tall
>>
>>7201362
Only one way to find out.

I doubt it makes that much of a difference. What's the recipe
>>
>>7202566
An omelette with soy sauce and wild rice
>>
>>7201392
Do you even into science, nigger?
That was one of the most retarded things I've read on /ck/ lately.
>>
Is there a fundamental theory of cooking?
>>
>>7203288
Apply heat.
>>
>>7203288
Make it taste good
>>
File: 18hm9t3yjnbkajpg[1].jpg (37 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
18hm9t3yjnbkajpg[1].jpg
37 KB, 800x450
Super lazy person here.

Is baked bacon going to be much better than microwaved bacon, both done in a non-fancy way?

I have Turkey bacon by the way. I just want it tasty as fast as possible.
>>
>>7205718

Nah, not really. Never do your bacon fancy.
>>
>>7205723
So you saying bacon bowl microwave is awwright?
>>
>>7205718
>>7205730
Toaster oven bacon is good if you have one.

Just lay the strip across the little cooking rack with the pan underneath to catch the drippings keep the bacon out of the grease.
>>
>>7205732
No toaster oven, just giant regular over and microwave.

I have to say my microwaved egginncup is fanfuckingtastic.
>>
>>7205735
Incase anyone want to know, it is a coffee mug fill a little past halfway with water, and a tea spoon or maybe even less of vinegar (I do more cause I'm a freak that likes things vinegary), crack egg into cup, put regular plate over top of cup, nuke for 33 seconds, then check, then nuke for 33 more, check, then nuke one more time for 22 or even 11 seconds.

You can get away with less time but I like to know it is cooked and don't mind a not-SUPER-gooey yoke.
>>
>>7205740
And you don't need the vinegar. It is supposed to help it congeal better. I have hard water if that makes a difference to you scientists of food.
>>
>>7205740
Microwave is a pretty good way to make hard-boiled eggs too.

Just put an egg or two still in the shells in a bowl and microwave it for about 6 minutes, no water even needed.

I wouldn't put more than 2 though at a time because they never seem to fully cook in the center for some reason even when they go for 10 minutes.
>>
>>7205718
>I have Turkey bacon
>I just want it tasty
Pick one.
>>
>>7201362
Just use some olive oil as bong water and then use that in your recipe.
>>
>>7205745
illfookinhookyam8swerunmemum
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.