[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here drink Soylent (or other brands of the same kind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: Soylent1[1].png (224 KB, 1331x671) Image search: [Google]
Soylent1[1].png
224 KB, 1331x671
Anyone here drink Soylent (or other brands of the same kind of thing) or make their own DIY soylent?

I've been considering using it to replace most of my meals for convenience and price.
>>
Shouldn't you be on vegan fuckup repressed lesbian imageboard instead of one dedicated to discussion of food and cooking?
>>
>>7201008
eh I think the thread is ok , /ck/ og here.
>>
>>7201008
I'm just curious. Obviously I like cooking and I like eating otherwise I wouldn't be on /ck/, but you have to admit the concept is interesting.
>>
>>7201025
I like the concept. It's probably not a bad idea for people that can't cook. That said, there are so many tastier things to consume, and most of the shit I make is convenient as hell and cheap anyways. Crock pots, pressure cookers, and using less meat in my cooking has been good to me. Beans and ham hocks are about as low effort and cheap as food gets without resorting to shit like this.
>>
I have no problem with Soylent. I do have a problem with the following claims:

>Soylent is a product with mass appeal; once people hear about it they will all stop cooking except occasionally when they really want to make something special
>food being tasty is a disadvantage, Soylent being tasteless is an advantage
>Soylent is the future of food, the perfect ideal food producers have been working towards (essentially a combination of the above two points)
>pumping Soylent through pipes to Africa is a good idea and would be an effective way to combat starvation

Because they are all false.

Soylent is a neat product for people who are too busy or too lazy to cook, and who are unwilling enough to spend extra money on premade food that they would rather completely forego taste and texture. That is a niche group. As long as you admit such, then fine! It's the point at which you start painting pictures of the future in which everyone lives on Soylent, and calling people who would rather eat food Luddites, that I have you tell you to shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 10.jpg (68 KB, 312x320) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
68 KB, 312x320
>>7200978

shill detected
kill yourself
>>
>>7201074
This is pretty on-point. Soylent could be a handy diet food to pour into a bottle and bring to school or the office for a mid-day snack, but to act like it's a revolution in food... Smh desu senpai

>>7201017
I'm not trashing the thread itself really. It does belong here simply because 4chan should overlap decently well with any potential demographic for food sludge. I am trashing this soylent shit a little though.

I haven't looked into it in a while, but is this much different than liquid diets used for medical purposes?
>>
I'm a huge foodie and I consume a Soylent every weekday. I do this for the sole purpose of buying time to workout during my lunch break, so I can eat good food at another time and not be a fat pig.
>>
That shit is more unhealthy than fucking mcdonalds, do your colon a favor and stop drinking mystery chemicals OP.
>>
>>7201088
>liquid diets used for medical purposes?
Things like Ensure aren't made to have all the nutrients in them.
>>
>>7202402
Except none of the ingredients are a mystery and you have no idea what you're talking about saying it's unhealthy. If you don't like it, that's fine, but at least have the courtesy to admit you aversion is completely unfounded and entirely subjective.
>>
Soylent is made of people?
>>
>>7202402
And make sure to not get you vaccinations too!
VOTE TRUMP
>>
It would be a nice stopgap for some places while irrigation is being made. Give them something awful but nutritionally good enough to force them to actually make progress if they want nice shit to eat.
>>
>>7202647
Nice 70's meme.
>>
I have Crohn's disease and I don't really enjoy eating because it makes me feel sick, and I don't have the appetite to consume enough food to maintain a stable weight.

So I decided to try soylent, the Aussie version and it was pretty disgusting. Tasted like watered down muffin mix and was EXTREMELY filling. So for me it was a pretty useless product, for those with an insatiable appetite it might be okay.
>>
>>7202650
epig upboated xD xD xD

now fuck off to reddit, nigger.
>>
>>7202670
>>7202651
nice fucking up so bad you delete your post meme
>>
File: tooru.png (264 KB, 437x625) Image search: [Google]
tooru.png
264 KB, 437x625
>>7202679
You're welcome.
>>
File: 1430199721686.jpg (69 KB, 410x566) Image search: [Google]
1430199721686.jpg
69 KB, 410x566
>>7202686
same
>>
File: 1425961349116.jpg (205 KB, 751x607) Image search: [Google]
1425961349116.jpg
205 KB, 751x607
i ate a diet of about 75% soylent for a month, best poops i ever had

mix it up with less water than the recipe calls for it it just tastes like watery ass. I actually enjoy the thicker consistency and sweeter flavor.
>>
>>7202678
le niggers lol
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7200978

How do you mean price? Soylent costs you 10+$ a day, you can eat fucking great for that.
>>
File: evenstevens.jpg (15 KB, 528x288) Image search: [Google]
evenstevens.jpg
15 KB, 528x288
>>7200978

I tried Soylent for two days and then I took an arrow in the knee.
>>
>>7202699
I love avocados
>>
File: even_stevens.jpg (30 KB, 576x384) Image search: [Google]
even_stevens.jpg
30 KB, 576x384
>>7200978

I used to shill for Soylent, then I took an arrow to the knee.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.