[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't anyone put chicken in their Italian wedding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: italianWeddingSoup.jpg (292 KB, 1600x1072) Image search: [Google]
italianWeddingSoup.jpg
292 KB, 1600x1072
Why doesn't anyone put chicken in their Italian wedding soup? Any time I go to a restaurant and order it it's just meatballs, but whenever my grandmother made it there was actual fucking chicken in the soup too.

It's so much better with chicken in it, so this can't be an isolated incident. pic related random gis wedding soup featuring no fucking chicken, would make some myself but its christmas eve and the stores are shut down
>>
Your grandma made you chicken soup not italian wedding soup

Bye
>>
the Italians are known for meat balls so maybe its more of an authenticity thing.
>>
>>7199645
she's first gen American from Naples so I'm assuming her methods were as genuine as they come
>>
>>7199632
And you had Mexican wedding cookies after, right?
>>
>>7199657
>>7199644
obviously you two are a little steamed that I've been eating a far superior Italian wedding soup than you ever have and that's ok.
>>
>>7199648
maybe she found out chicken was better and nobodies caught on just yet.
>>
>>7199676
I'm starting to think people don't understand, she used chicken AND meatballs in the soup, not just chicken
>>
I can confirm i am steamed. I get fussy when people claim chicken soup for italian wedding

:^)
>>
>>7199698
Except it's not, it's Italian wedding soup, with chicken in it. It's a chicken stock already, what's so wrong with it.
>>
>>7199632
It's right in wikipedia that is sometimes also has shredded chicken.

As far as traditional goes? It's an american-italian created recipe. It's simply however you wish to make it of course, but your grandma wasn't unique enough that anyone here can call it wrong.
>>
>>7199717
Thanks, that clears up my concerns. I still wonder why the version with chicken isn't more popular though
>>
>>7199726
This is how restaurants get popular. They specialize in one dish thats really good and build a menu around that. Start a restaurant
>>
>>7199726
Honestly, a cook that makes their own stock, the right way to do soup really, is going to debone the chicken carcass and that meat is a little overdone, so it's a homey thing to do. To have a restaurant version that can simmer for hours and not go too far to make that chicken too well done (protein gets tough), then the meatball or sausage is a better bet for them.

I'm sure that's why you see it more ^^ commercially without shredded chicken.
>>
supposed to be made with turkey, not chicken
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.