[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im currently traveling at the moment and am going to make joojeh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 720x540
Im currently traveling at the moment and am going to make joojeh kabob, a popular persian recipe, tomorrow for a Christmas potluck.

For those unfamiliar, it is chicken marinated in a yogurt/onion/lemon mixture.

The only ingredient I was not able to find in the country I am currently in is Saffron, which is essential to the yellow appearance of the dish.

What spices/mixture does /ck/ recommend I use on my chicken in order to enhance the flavor/presentation? I was thinking paprika/chilipowder/cumin in equal parts. Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>7199058
Saffron or gtfo
Tbh you can make some tandori chicken instead if you got that powder. North Indian and Persian cuisine are pretty similar they mostly differ in spices desu desu
>>
turmeric you absolute fucking mongoloid
>>
Curry powder

The yogurt will offset any robust flavoring the curry has, but still leave a nice subtle spice and aroma. Lemon would also enhance the curry flavor being it's an acid. Onion is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>7199136
Anything but this desu senpai
>>
>>7199172

You're missing out, it would be boss as fuck.
OP, just try one skewer with curry powder, you'll see I'm right.
>>
>>7199058
>The only ingredient I was not able to find in the country I am currently in is Saffron, which is essential to the yellow appearance of the dish.
Tumeric is one source of color. Bright yellow. And, it's persian, too.
Paprika might add some color and improve flavor too.
Mexican bijol/annatto is a saffron substitute. If you look closely at the versions of Goya Sazon, you might one saffron flavor meant for chicken with yellow rice, and it will be suitable flavor profile for your intended recipe.
Curry would be delicious, if that's all you can find. Use as much or as little as you want, and just up the lemon, lemon zest and yogurt. Spanish onion peels have amazing coloring properties. Soak in a little lemon juice or vinegar, or simply hot water, cool down, wring out, and then use it in the marinade. I often use peels to color stocks richer, and strain out. You might also get a bunch of color from chicken bouillon granules.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.