[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't there any tea bars? Every few blocks there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: wallhaven-169584.jpg (195 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-169584.jpg
195 KB, 1920x1080
Why aren't there any tea bars?

Every few blocks there's a god damn coffee shop or a bar for booze... why do tea drinkers get screwed in society? It's the world's 2nd most common beverage yet no cafes or bars dedicated for it.
>>
There are? Stop living in a shithole.
>>
>>7198901
I hope you don't mean Teavana or David's Tea.
>>
>>7198901

I live 25 minutes from Seattle... it barely exists up here. There's technically only 1 truly dedicated teabar and that's Teavana's concept store which only has a few locations nationwide.

If it's not in Seattle then it's practically nowhere to be found.
>>
>>7198912
I just live over in Victoria. We have at least three English-style teahouses that I know of, as well as a locally-owned loose leaf tea shop that gives you cookies if you order tea for there. Take the ferry over one day.
>>
File: tumblr_mvhv2eEvBG1qghg5so1_1280.jpg (230 KB, 662x1024) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvhv2eEvBG1qghg5so1_1280.jpg
230 KB, 662x1024
>>7198920
>English-style teahouses

Essentially for old women. Not a place to bring friends along in your 20s or perhaps to date someone.
>>
>When you order tea from a cafe and they charge the same price as coffee for putting a tea bag in hot water
They don't even moderate the water temperature for the type of tea. Green tea? They'll just dump in the same scalding hot water they use for coffee extraction.
>>
>>7198941
>This location isn't suited for my hipster lifestyle there for it isn't what I'm talking about even though they provide the service I want.

Fuck you, faggot. If you want someplace dedicated to tea you visit the places that sell it. If others see a thriving market for tea new places will pop up and I'm sure some millennial will make a place hipster enough for you to go drink tea in with your "date".
>>
>>7198953
Hipsters would probably get a kick out of going to teahouses, just like they get a kick out of knitting. Granny chic has been in for a while.
>>
>>7198974

My dream is that someday there will exist a tea bar that also serves cannabis. Herbs go together so well.

But everyone is still fixated on coffee because it's the beverage of capitalism.
>>
>>7198898
If you're American, it's because you keep throwing it in the harbor
>>
>>7198975
>tea
>herb
pick one
>>
File: 1438623992568.jpg (57 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1438623992568.jpg
57 KB, 540x720
but they sell tea at coffee shops tho...
just get tea from tim hortons and stop complaining
>>
>>7198898
It's called a tea house, they're fucking everywhere.
>>
File: penrith_tea_rooms.jpg (219 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
penrith_tea_rooms.jpg
219 KB, 1280x853
>>
>>7198898
You either live in the boonies or you haven't actually made an attempt to look
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmrNzNnkaag
>>
File: 1449885284757.jpg (66 KB, 960x938) Image search: [Google]
1449885284757.jpg
66 KB, 960x938
>>7199233
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.