[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /ck/, My trusty old GE Countertop Microwave is kill, so I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 640x480
Hi /ck/,
My trusty old GE Countertop Microwave is kill, so I'm looking for a replacement. Anyone have any suggestions as to the best upgrade/brand of microwave I can get for $150-$200? Thanks!
>>
Learn to cook like an adult.
>>
>>7198655
an adult with a microwave
>>
I've had a Sharp brand microwave for about 10 years now. It's really great!
>>
i have this old sharp brand 1800 watt microwave that i love unconditionally

i can't find a new one for less than like $800 anymore though
>>
>>7198654
LG makes some pretty decent countertop models.
>>
Bump.
My GE piece of shit recently failed as well. I guess it didn't really "fail" but the damn thing turns on by itself and runs empty for no fucking reason.
I thought wtf, that is the strangest thing, but when I googled it, I found out this happens all the time. Microwaves frequently start up and run all by themselves.
Good thing GE makes aircraft engines and turbines for the power grid, because they haven't yet figured out how to make a microwave that starts up randomly.
>>
File: 7189ue9BeHL._SL1500_.jpg (72 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
7189ue9BeHL._SL1500_.jpg
72 KB, 1500x1125
>>7198654

I like the sound of this one:

Panasonic NN-SD772SAZ Stainless 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop/Built-In Microwave with Inverter Technology
>>
>>7198690
OP here (I know I'm a fag). This is exactly what is happening to my GE and why I want to replace it.
>>
>>7198710
I was able to fix mine sort of. I noticed that when it started automatically it was usually for 3:00 minutes. So with the thing unplugged I firmly rubbed the membrane keypad and especially the 3 minute express cook button. It seemed to be a stuck key on the keypad causing it to auto-start.
That said, I don't really feel comfortable leaving a 1500W appliance that starts randomly plugged it, but for now the problem appears to have gone away.
There is even a class action lawsuit against GE over this shit... didn't hear about that one in the news. I wish they would replace my unit.
>>
>>7198654
Do you have room for an over the range microwave? Panasonic and GE are pretty good brands.
>>
>>7198824
Unfortunately not, my range is in a bar/island kind of a thing, and it's a convection oven without a hood.
>>
bump for interest. Any favorite microwave models, /ck/?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.