[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people undercook bacon all the time? The fat is pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: undercooked bacon.jpg (117 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
undercooked bacon.jpg
117 KB, 1000x750
Why do people undercook bacon all the time?

The fat is pretty much inedible unless it's melted and allowed to crisp up. I hate the feeling of chewing on those stringy, rubbery pieces of unrendered fat.

Whenever I order breakfast in a cafe/restaurant I always have to ask to have the bacon done crispy, otherwise I can be fairly sure they'll give me a portion of chewy, gelatinous, fatty rashers. It's especially annoying getting a burger or sandwich with bacon in it because I either have to send it back or pull out all the individual bits of bacon.

Is there a reason people like to do this? I've experienced this in upmarket restaurants as well as greasy spoons.
>>
File: bacon.jpg (146 KB, 630x419) Image search: [Google]
bacon.jpg
146 KB, 630x419
Pic related, how it should be
>>
>>7198159
my grandma likes bacon that way, and she eats the chewy fat on pork chops. but i'm going to guess it's because it takes more time and most cooks try to get food out ASAP so they don't fall behind.
>>
>>7198159
I like the texture, and get mildly annoyed at crumbly bacon served as strips on the side. In a sandwich I'm fine with either variation.

It kind of fills the same textural niche chewing gum does, at least for my purposes.
>>
>>7198159
>2015
>eating bacon
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7198159
Bacon eaten by itself should be bendable. It taste better that way

Bacon on a sandwich or as an ingredient should be crisp

I wish faggots on this site could realize that there is more than one way to do something and there isn't one ideal way
>>
>>7198204
But I like it chewy on sandwiches and crispy on a plate with eggs.
>>
>>7198208
Then eat it that way. My preference is the opposite. As long as you're not some autistic faggot that watches a couple youtube videos and think you've discovered the secret to perfect cooking and actually have experimented to find your preference, then you're fine.
>>
File: 1411296383620.jpg (30 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1411296383620.jpg
30 KB, 350x350
>>7198159
>done crispy, otherwise

I usually just flip a coin
>>
Even chewy bacon should have the fat rendered enough that it snaps and doesn't just pull off all at once in a string.

I agree with you OP, that shit is disgusting.
>>
>>7198316
I think the real question is why can't we get bacon that looks like pics in thread, instead of 90% fat, 10% pork. It's gotten harder to find bacon with a good balance of meat and fat this year. Fuck.
>>
>>7200596
All the flavor is in the fat, though. Why do you hate flavor?
>>
File: unsmoked-back-bacon-14_2.jpg (205 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
unsmoked-back-bacon-14_2.jpg
205 KB, 1000x1000
If you can't see that white foam forming on top of the bacon in the pan, then it isn't done yet
>>
>>7200810
That isn't even bacon
>>
>>7200892
Are you retarded?
>>
>>7198159
I like the fat still on and not overly crisp.
Also, pork belly is a thing in Chinese cuisine.
>>
>>7200957
I'm guessing he is a clappyfat. They are retards and bacon, the thing that has existed for millennia before their shithole colony was founded, is something different to the rest of the world because they are arrogant special little snowflakes.

Ignore them when they spout their retarded babble. You are right and he is mentally infirm.
>>
>>7200892
kill yourself
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.