[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gravy Mastery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: we aint hitting nothing.gif (1 MB, 180x150) Image search: [Google]
we aint hitting nothing.gif
1 MB, 180x150
Ask a man who mastered the art of making gravy anything.

Gordon Ramsey not welcome
>>
File: 557.png (1 MB, 723x816) Image search: [Google]
557.png
1 MB, 723x816
I just fried some mashed potatoes and poured thick sausage gravy all over it. I fried an egg sunny side up and plopped it on top of it and put a dot of gravy around the yolk without touching it. aesthetics. It was beautiful. It tasted marvelous.

Gordon Ramsey please don't some to this thread and insult my thick gravy with your European vegetable gravy.
>>
>>7198156

YOUTUBE YOuTUUUUUBBBEE
>>
Where's the fucking gravy?
>>
Who the fuck is Gordon Ramsey?
>>
>>7198389
I ate it.
The rest is in the fridge
>>
>>7198156
I'm gonna make some mushroom gravy in a little bit.

Butter, then garlic and onions, then add the mushrooms and let them lose all the water, then a couple tablespoons of flour and stir, then adding beef stock, simmer for 20mins or so, then season with pepper, thyme and whatever else I want.

What am I missing?
>>
>>7198156
Do you make good gravy?
>>
>>7198156
Is it ok to use premade stock? I don't have a lot of time to make stock and rarely have the ingredients either.
>>
File: chef-gordon-ramsay.jpg (26 KB, 520x300) Image search: [Google]
chef-gordon-ramsay.jpg
26 KB, 520x300
Now look here, OP.
I don't care how it tastes.
I don't care what it looks like.
I don't care how it smells.
I don't care about your ingredients.
I don't GIVE A FUCK if it's even good.
You made it.
I didn't.

It's shit, mate. Pack your things, you're going home.
>>
>>7198388
WHHHHAT UP!
>>
>>7199051
GORDON PLS GO
>>
>>7198917
>>7198991
It is great gravy.
I don't use beef stock.

I use a roll of sausage and break off a bit of it then brown it in a sauce pan. I then pour in some milk and stir it up and then I stir in flour until it's the right consistency. I stir and heat that until it's done.

I don't spice it or add anything else to it.
It's perfect as is.
I have used mushrooms with this recipe but I prefer without.
>>
>>7198940
It's great gravy.
>>
>>7198917
>What am I missing?

you're missing the understanding of the word gravy. That's a volute my man.
>>
>>7199098
Joliolliecominatchu from CUSTOM GROW 420!!!
>>
>>7199507
I do basically this, but put the flour in to make a quick roux first before pouring in the milk. Otherwise I would think it would taste of raw flour.
>>
>>7200152
>Otherwise I would think it would taste of raw flour.
If you let it simmer for a while the raw flour taste cooks away.
>>
>>7199507

this is not gravy, it's meat sauce.

gravy is meat drippings, flour to match, water and simmered and seasoned until correct
>>
>>7200416
drippings from the sausage... why would you use water? no flavor. stock, wine, milk, cream, etc. is much better.
>>
>>7200436

if you seasoned your roast/meat properly you don't need additional flavor.
>>
>>7200416
The fuck outta here with your shit taste faggot
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.