[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 1447682078526.jpg (90 KB, 540x520) Image search: [Google]
1447682078526.jpg
90 KB, 540x520
Hello! /fit/ here

I was wondering whether or not this board is about optimal nutrition for the human body or mainly about what ''tastes good''. I'm tired of discussing diet with immature 18 y-o

thank you and happy new year!
>>
Go away.
>>
we only talk about fast food and memes
>>
Proceed to the nearest Ja/ck/ for all your food-related needs
>>
>>7197466

It really isn't.
>>
File: 1441856157153-P-3095695.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1441856157153-P-3095695.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
well I was asking because I looked at the catalog and there wasn't anything related to weight loss diet, vegan, paleo, bulking, keto, etc... wasn't sure whether bad timing or if you guys mainly make threads about ''ZOMG the new jack in a box burger is amazing'' and ''look what I just cooked''
>>
>>7197494
>He thinks hes going to find intelligent content on /ck/

haha. Good one man.
>>
No.

Go back to your 14 year old board.
>>
>>7197466

Sorry bud, /ck/ eats with their eyes, not with their heads. If it doesn't look good they simply don't give a shit.
>>
>>7197466
Mostly drunks on this board. Move along faggot
>>
>>7197589
Fuck off mate im not drunk; yet.
>>
>>7197466
Honest answer
We talk about nutrition sometimes but you'd probably be better served by /fit/.
>>
File: pic related.jpg (8 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
pic related.jpg
8 KB, 278x181
True fact: /fit/ triggers the /fat/

You'll get hostillity from drunk fatties who don't like to be reminded of their failures. Plus, after a lifetime of being buliied for being fat, they retaliate by cyberbullying fit people behind the shield of anonyminity. They'll say to you what they were too afraid to say to their irl bullies.

In addition to that there are the shills who discourage healthy eating threads because their products are unhealthy, and they lose advertising real estate with every other thread.

However, having said that I've noticed more healthy eating threads on /ck/ recently which have been met with less hostility than usual so maybe the fatties have learned how to hide/ignore.

Also, most people are pre-occupied with Christmas right now so healthy eating isn't a priority.

tldr; i hate to say it, but
>lurk moar
Give it time.
>>
>>7197466
/ck/ is mostly about pretending it's mature to like foods that taste unpleasant, especially anything that isn't buried in sugar.
>>
We have a /fit/ thread going m80

>>7190953

I'm doing brosplit pull day and 10 miles on the bike
>220W get on my level fucker
tomorrow and I just finished a delicious /fit/ meal of peppered kibbe and raw salted haricot verts, fucking amazing
>>
>>7197475
>>
this board is supposed to be about cooking food that tastes good in theory
really its more ja/ck shitposting, fastfood memes and alcoholism

i dont know why you would think this board is concerned about nutrition at all, that is very unrelated to cooking
if you know how to cook you can also make healthy meals taste good but that is something else
>>
>>7197730
you've been brainwashed by capitalism, friend.
food is about nutrition first and foremost.

have you forgotten why we eat?
>>
>>7197736
>>7197737

This is the food and cooking interest board, for people who have an interest in food and cooking.

Go back to /fit/ if you just think of food as fuel.

Also figure out how to delete your posts.
>>
>>7197737
thats like saying the only purpose of life is reproducing
anyways thats not really the point, fact is that cooking is about making food taste good and this board is about cooking (among other things)

if you want to be autistic about your diet go ahead but it becomes much easier if the healthy and nutritious meals you make actually taste good
>>
File: Screenshot (362).png (373 KB, 1887x935) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (362).png
373 KB, 1887x935
>>7197466
too lazy to properly crop
>>
>>7197737
>>7197762
If you're not interested in food's function as well as its aesthetic, you're not really that into it.
>>
It's a cooking and food board, hypothetically that could include certain thongs regarding diet but it isnt specific

Don't listen to all the new dumbasses talking about how this place is a memeing shithole. Its gotten worse recently but decent discussion is still very existent
>>
>>7197466
fuck off, retarded cancer faggot
>>
>>7197779
fat ass detected
>>
>>7197466
Because it's so close to Christmas, have an honest answer!

Nutrition occasionally comes up, but it's not overly common nor focused on. Usually it just devolves into people arguing calories in vs calories out and whether sugar is _really_ the new evil.. that's about as far as we go.

Amongst all the shitposting there is some good content, but the focus is usually on things like flavour, appearance, technique, etc.. nutritional value is pretty low on the list.

I don't think people here have a thing against healthy eating, and I'm sure there's lots that are doing the whole losing weight thing, but it's certainly not something that gets focused on here. I _suspect_ a thread on trying to make some healthy dish would do fine as long as it was mostly about the cooking and not about how healthy it is.
>>
File: cookin.png (8 KB, 670x110) Image search: [Google]
cookin.png
8 KB, 670x110
>>7197774

>i'm super into cooking
>my boneless, skinless chicken breast with brown rice and broccoli is the perfect meal i've developed after 100 hours of research
>you can tell how into food and cooking i am by all the time i put into making an identical bento box of boneless, skinless chicken breast with brown rice and broccoli, which i freeze and eat every day over the course of the month

>>7197778

>its gotten worse recently but decent discussion is still very existent

This is true, but 99% of /fit/ posters have always been cancer.
>>
Personally as someone who is fat and trying to lose weight (lost around 70 pounds, still got like 50 to go.. ), big part of that has been learning to cook and make "healthier" versions of stuff. I'd very much welcome more "how to make healthy meals" type discussions.

Never could get into the whole /fit/ thing though because my approach (which seems to be working) is pretty much "eat better exercise more". I just don't have the ambition to think that much about nutrition at /fit/ seems to, so I just avoid things in excess and watch the calories/sugar.
>>
>>7197762
>if you want to be autistic about your diet go ahead
i didn't say that taste isn't a factor when it comes to food and cooking. but surely i don't need to explain that the very reason, and basic foundation, for why any animal eats is to provide fuel and nutrients for their body. taste is a secondary factor and, as you say, eating healthy food is easier when it tastes good and there's no reason why healthy food can't taste good. but everything that you put into your body has an effect on your body. you can't possibly argue that any animal eats purely for taste and not for fuel. do you not know what would happen if we didn't eat anything at all?

if an oil company started selling a petrol (gas) product that made you car emissions smell like roses but your car runs inefficiently and using this fuel continuously for a month will kill your car's engine will you use that fuel? simply because it smells better?
you put fuel into your car for the same reason you put fuel into your body. if this is news to you then you need to have a long think about your values and where you got your education.

the foundation behind every meal is fuel. every temple needs a foundation and
>my body is a templeā„¢
>>
>>7197822
Humans seem to be driven more by pleasure than survival needs. That the things we need to survive give us pleasure is probably why we still exist.

With bare survival off the table (access to ample food), taste and enjoyment are the first priority for most when it comes to food. This is probably a big part of why everyone is getting fatter...
>>
>>7197849
excellent points and i agree entirely.

though comparing sex for reproduction and eating for survival, as anon >>7197762 did, is a false equivalency because (excluding sti's and unwated pregnancies) there aren't many detrimental effects to having sex for pleasure. but if you eat unhealthy food then you become unhealthy.

i know i'm sounding like an autistic broken record now.
all i wanted to say is that we shouldn't forget why we eat. first comes the nutritional merit, then comes the taste. so i don't see why nutritional discussion can't be a regular theme on the food and cooking board.
people who discourage it should be shamed, imho.
>>
>>7197466
who is this senile semen sampler?
>>
>>7197919
my grandma, show some respect.
>>
>>7197919
>>7197927
Fukkin' kek
>>
>>7197877
It's exactly that which differentiates /fit/ and /ck/ on the subject of food.

On /fit/, it's all about the nutritional value, and if it tastes ok then great!

On /ck/, it's all about the taste, appearance, etc, and if it's healthy, then great!

Nothing wrong with the health value of something being a point, but it's not going to drive a discussion here very often. That's what /fit/ is for.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.