[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I cook Pasta if I don't have any salt to add to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 2015-12-23_20-55-04.png (273 KB, 557x376) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-23_20-55-04.png
273 KB, 557x376
Can I cook Pasta if I don't have any salt to add to the water? I just moved so I don't have any salt. I went to the grocery store and bought some pasta and sauce, but I forgot to buy salt. I'm too lazy to drive back.
>>
>>7197338
add the jar of sauce to the water, the sodium in the sauce will help cook the pasta when you boil it
>>
>>7197338
Just use a Knorr stock cube. It'll flavor the pasta and water better than salt. People always ask me: Marco, why do you season your water with Knorr stock cubes? And the answer is simple: it tastes better. You should try it.
>>
Nevermind I Guess I Should just try instead of getting trolled on 4chan.
>>
It's a meme, the salt does nothing.
>>
>>7197349
>has a simple question
>goes on 4chan of all fucking places
>expects serious answers
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=can+i+cook+pasta+without+salt
>>
Ok, I made pasta without salt. There is no difference.

Confirmed: The salt is a meme.
>>
>>7197464
I've never made mine with salt, so thanks for the knowledge. Phew.
>>
>>7197338
This thread is fucking funny. I love /ck/.
>>
1 tsp salt = 2 tbsp pepper
Next time use this ratio if you're out of salt.
The hotter the pepper is, the quicker it will boil water.
Ghost Peppers boil water in like 7 seconds flat.
>>
>>7197464
This was foolish. Your pasta is spoiled, even if you don't realise it.

If you're in this situation in the future, remember that both sweat and urine contain salt.
>>
File: glass_cook_top_s1.jpg (16 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
glass_cook_top_s1.jpg
16 KB, 300x200
The other thing I learned is: My new apartment has a glass top stove and it fucking takes forever to boil water on this.
>>
>>7197338

Piss in the pasta water. The heat boils out the ammonia and it makes the water just salty enough to work. Also gives it that extra zing
>>
File: 1409621388599.jpg (49 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
1409621388599.jpg
49 KB, 620x620
I like cooking pasta with salt because it raises the boiling temperature of the water and cooks my pasta faster.

That being said I don't think the salt is necessary.
>>
>>7197519
it's better than a standard electric stove
>>
>>7197519
>Americans don't have kettles
>>
I can't make pasta without salt. It just tastes like nothing without it.
>>
What the fuck are you planning on making if you don't have any salt
>>
>>7197909
Pasta with sauce.
>>
>>7197763

Literally no American is going to be offended, in any possible way, by your judgement.

I own a $200 rice cooker because it's convenient to be able to have perfect rice at the push of a button.

I wouldn't throw away $20 on a device that makes boiled water... Guess what? Boiled water is exactly the same no matter how you make it.

>oi mate, it's tea o'clock and a watched pot never boils
>>
>>7197763
Americans don't have 220V so an electric kettle doesn't make sense.
>>
>>7197464

I can't understand this line of reasoning

If you can't tell there's a difference you either didn't add enough salt or you are too dumb to tell the difference

The salt just doesn't magically cease to exist the moment the pasta touches the water. If you properly season it before adding the pasta there will be a taste difference.
>>
>>7197922
The entire point of the post I quoted was that water takes ages to boil on a stove, even a gas one.
>>
>>7197998
so use a microwave
>>
>>7197922
The different is in the time. With electric kettle, to boil a water is literally 2 minutes or something, I don't know what superior units you use in Freedom to measure time.
>>
>>7197347
what
>>
>>7197464
That just means you never added enough salt when you DID have salt. The water should taste like sea water.
>>
>>7198796
it's from a cooking video of a shill selling stock cubes
>>
>>7197519
Go set a pot of water and go back to a multiplayer game or your favorite tv show bet that bitch will boil in a split second
>>
I went to the Grocery store and I bought some salt today. How much salt do you guys use when cooking pasta? I usually fill up a 2 quart sauce pan about 80% full of water.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.