[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legumes appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Let's share our appreciation for this noble yet humble familiy. Food for humans, nitrogen for the soil.
What are you favorite dishes including legumes?
>le chili meem
For me it's buseca (or callos a la madrileña), feijoada or falafel.
>>
>>7197153

>peas

Can't wait to make my annual pot of post-Christmas split pea soup with ham.

I'm looking forward to that more than ham dinner actually.
>>
>>7197157
Pea soup is delicious for those cold winter nights. I make what I called "green soup". Peas, faba beans, celery, spinach and white corn. Bretty gud.
>>
>>7197176

Sounds great. What is your base as far as liquid goes? Veggie stock? Beef? Plain water?
>>
>>7197187
Just plain water, heavy spiced though. Bayleaf, whole pepper grains and a bit of ginger.
>>
>>7197225

Recipe please.
>>
>>7197187
Oh and I forgot. Add a couple spoons of rolled oats for thickening.
>>
>>7197232

So just throw all of what you said into my stock pot and some oats? Got it.
>>
>>7197230
All right, not sure about the amounts but here it goes:
200 grams peas
200 grams faba beans
2 "choclos" corns on the cob (is that well written? Sorry not english native speaker) preferably white.
Two mid size spinach plants (maybe 500/600 grams?)
1 "zapallito" (green cucurbita máxima), could be replaced with zucchini.
2 celery stems?

Chop and boil everything but the spinach. Once the veggies are boiled (the fabas may be the harder to cook). Remember to ápice with bayleaf, pepper, ginger.
Fish out the corn, remove the kernels with a knife and put them back in the pot.
chop the spinach, put it in the pot and turn off the heat (it's already hot enough and spinach doesn't need too much cooking)
Let it rest for a few minutes then process it with the hand blender. Add a couple spoons of rolled oats for thickening, it also adds nice flavor.
>captcha: soups
>>
Thank god I needed this thread. What are some authentic mexican dishes involving black /turtle bean?
>>
>>7197275

Sounds good bro, it's odd because I have an excessive amount of all of these ingredients either in my pantry or freezer, so I'm going to put a pot on in the morning.

Thanks!
>>
>>7197386
Glad to be helpful. Bon apetit!
>>
Who /legumeallergy/ here?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.