[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bakers how do you charge for your goods? Im doing some cookies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Delicious Dozen-1.jpg (83 KB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
Delicious Dozen-1.jpg
83 KB, 400x262
Bakers how do you charge for your goods? Im doing some cookies for a family member and already costed the ingredients and stuff. The frosted cookies are about 21cents per to make so 7.40 for a batch of 35 cookies. I know you charge more than the cost to make or you just break even but how much more do you charge? Or how do you figure that out?
>>
If I'm doing it for someone I like/family I'll aim for break even because I use real ingredients such as fresh fruit and real butter. If for an acquaintance or coworker I'll do cost plus 20+ baked goods/pies and 50-200 for cakes/special order/cater. This includes delivery. Cookies I'd do break even or about 1.50 per cookie or 2.00 for detailed/personalized cookies.
>>
>>7196506
Sell everything for a dollar each nigga I'll buy the whole table
>>
The short answer is as much as you can get.

The long answer involves futher estimates on your behalf. How much you want to earn per hour of work, overheads on running your establishment like staffing, electricity, rent, etc. Basically any cost plus what you want to make. And research what you can actually realistically charge. This doesn't have to be a lot of work. See what a nice box of cookies sells for. What a cafe sells a nice cookie or baked good for. Take into account your environment, how nice they are. How you are selling them- in bulk or individually. You can always reduce things later on.

Actually taking a look at what you're doing, 35 cookies for a family member cost $7.40. I'd say as it is family ask for $10. If I'd take how long it took me to do, give a $/hr, add that and round it up a little. Then either apply that per cookie or sell box for that. For individual cookies round up that again for room for bulk reductions and because possible unsold stuff.
>>
File: 1447123470883.png (102 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1447123470883.png
102 KB, 450x443
>>7196506
>>7196542
>charging your family for food
what
>>
>>7196609
Beyond my immediate family and maybe 1 grandparent, honestly wish I could gas my family desu. And fuck christmas too, having to see all those smug cunts.
>>
>>7196609
Its like this person said >>7196619
Immediate family no but if a cousin or aunt asks for something for a party I'd charge the break even because its usually a lot.
>>
>>7196609
Shes my uncles girlfriend but they live together and has been around long enough to be family-ish
>>
>>7196609
I know right? They're not priced high enough, charge those fuckers double
>>
>>7196609
He's baking them for Hanukkah, what did you expect?
>>
>>7196933
I don't think Jews and ovens go well together, anon.
>>
>>7196939
Made me chuckle 9.5/10
>>
File: 1449047730016.png (78 KB, 399x428) Image search: [Google]
1449047730016.png
78 KB, 399x428
>charging your family for food you bring
You want to know how I know nobody in your family likes you?
>>
>>7196506
what kind of fuckhead charges family and friends for homemade baked goods?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.