[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the general consensus concerning Newmans Own? I actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Whats the general consensus concerning Newmans Own?

I actually like some of the stuff they make.
>>
Feelgood shit for dumb cunts who don't know the meaning of the term "administrative expenses." Quality is little better than every other thing on supermarket shelves, yet charges astoundingly more for the product.
>>
I rarely buy it myself. But, it's usually pretty good. If I'm eating mostly for fuel/nutrition, I usually go for simpler foods. If I'm eating for getting the most enjoyment of the food, I'm probably making it myself, as the anticipation and activity that goes with food prep is more than half of what I like about a good meal.
>>
>>7196499
Did Paul Newman rape your family at gunpoint or what?
>>
I'd rather get trader joe's frozen stuff and at least not spend as much.
>>
>>7196344
Can not find their products anywhere. I did come across their salsa which surprisingly wasn't stocked with the other salsas but 4 aisles over with the syurp and honey. They stopped carrying it and I stopped caring about it.
>>
File: fishing.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
fishing.png
1 MB, 1440x900
>>7197175
>They stopped carrying it and I stopped caring about it.

I like the Newman's Own spaghetti sauce but my local grocery store (Oakridge on Ryan and 11 Mile) seems to eliminating it, as there are fewer and fewer varieties on the shelf and last week, all they had was the alfredo sauce.
>>
>>7196344

I like the coffee a lot.
>>
They basically pioneered the whole gluten free save the whales bullshit you see in modern culture today, where people change diet based on trends and fads rather than what's good for them or tastes good.

And it's not even newman's fault, I think the consumer of their goods just really fucked the industry, I believe they had good intentions, but it turned into something ridiculous.
>>
Their fig newtons are better than fig newtons
>>
It's all surprisingly good, like you buy it expecting processed food but say wow I actually like this I did not expect that.

the froz pizza is the absolute top tier of froz piz, for example
>>
I enjoy their Sockarooni pasta sauce when I can't be arsed to make my own. It's surprisingly one of the cheaper sauces ($1.88) at my local store.
>>
>>7196344
I've never had it other than the oreos, but the chicken in that picture looks absolutely disgusting, what the fuck
>>
>>7198403
>being upset about food
nice autism there fagatron
>>
>>7198407
Fig Newman's
>>
>>7198122
Their marinara is legitness
>>
>>7198397
>I like the coffee a lot.

This.

I drink black coffee and there really is a significant difference in quality between brands. Newman's Own is probably the best out of everything I've tried.

Most of their other products are pretty good too.
>>
>>7196344
It's mostly a line of convenience products, and I don't often buy convenience food.
>>
File: Newman's salad dressing.jpg (21 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Newman's salad dressing.jpg
21 KB, 450x450
>>7196344
If you take some of the oil off the top before shaking and using it, the salad dressing is really great for making pasta salad and chicken marinade.

Other products are good but not spectacular.
>>
>>7198419
>the froz pizza is the absolute top tier of froz piz, for example

this. good shit for 5 bucks

otoh their ranch kind of sucks
>>
>>7196344
They're misleading.

That's an old man.
>>
>>7196499
You have no idea what he started the company for do you?

Oh I love children who think they know everything.
>>
>>7200268
hehehehe

i got it
>>
Never seen any of their meals, but I had the alfredo sauce once and it was pretty good for the price.

>>7199500
oh man, the oil really turned me off their italian dressing a while ago. haven't bothered to try any others.
>>
>>7196344
General Paul was a great tactician and chicken maker, it's unfortunate that the Chinese managed to steal away his title with their competitive pricing. The final blow was when Tao defeated General Paul in ww2 for a little known pacific island, thereby adopting his title as general and master chef.
>>
>>7200672
>the really oil turned me off

wat m8?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.