[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are traditional christmas dishes from your country? In
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 32
File: 2pzwtp3.jpg (35 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
2pzwtp3.jpg
35 KB, 800x600
What are traditional christmas dishes from your country?

In Slovakia we buy carp, let in live in the bathtub and then fry them for christmas dinner.
>>
File: vianocny_kapor640.jpg (134 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vianocny_kapor640.jpg
134 KB, 640x480
fried carp with potato salad
>>
So people in Slovakia traditionally show up to Christmas dinner not having showered?

I suppose the smell is probably masked by the food.
>>
>>7196278

you take them out and kill the day before christmas
>>
Traditional English Christmas dinner

>Turkey/Goose/Duck
>Roast potatoes
>Roast parsnips
>Stuffing
>Pigs in blankets
>Red cabbage
>Sprouts
>Cranberry sauce
>Gravy
>>
>>7196278
I'm actually more surprised they have bathtubs in Slovakia
>>
Do they have to feed them before hand, or do they just live in there for like a day or two?
I wonder if peeps ever try to get a jump on things and end up having to share a flat with some fish for half a month. That's pretty funny, and I guess carp makes a good as a dinner as anything else would.
>>
>>7196243
Carp is black people tier in the US
>>
>>7196243
We do that in Austria as well. Altough its not THE christmas dinner but one of the more frequent options.
>>
>>7196335
Therefore u muricans eat shit the rest of the year.

>germany reporting in
>wiener sausage with potato salad
>>
File: Potato salad with sausage.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Potato salad with sausage.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
>>7196243
Germany
Potato salad with sausage
>>
>>7196322
>cranberry sauce
>no bread sauce
>>
>>7196335
Carp is a big family of fish

Carp are a domesticated livestock and have been for thousands of years because they eat grain like crazy, much like other livestock

There's nothing wrong with carp raised for food.

Most of the carp introduced in the US, not native btw, are the shit varieties that were good at cleaning up water with lots of plants in it, but they escaped and are fucking over our ecosystems
>>
>>7196286
the fish or your relatives?
>>
>>7196335
Yeah, black people are generally known to have a more sophisticated taste than Americans.

Here in Finland, we have lye fish. Lye fucking fish. I wish we didn't, but in this neck of the woods, one traditionally eats what one can catch. This winter I in particular am having a fair deal of reindeer and venison. The venison particularily warms my heart, as the person who shot it was smashed in the face by the rifle scope. He was unaccustomed to 9.3 mauser, apparently. His nose split in half. We hadn't laughed that much in ages. That'll teach him to shoot with iron sights.

Well, at least lye fish is not as bland as karelian hot pot, which we still have for christmas. I don't know why we still have it for any occasion. I mean, we hardly have any karelia either, after the ruskies stole most of it. Fuckers. Still haven't given it back. And the islands too. By God, I hate Russians. I would sooner see nuclear annihilation of all mankind as a christmas present, rather than let humanity live while suffering the Russian's existence.

Merry christmas to everyone. Even the russians.
>>
We don't have traditional Christmas food in Chile. A lot of people make turkey, but that's just to mimic Americans.
>>
>>7196378
>Yeah, black people are generally known to have a more sophisticated taste than Americans.

This really isn't true when you compare income

Black people don't eat any different than other americans in their income brackets
>>
>>7196378
9.3 mauser is phenomenal at anything other than some African dangerous game. Wish it had more love in the US, but the .30 caliber meme is strong in the states
>>
>>7196243
Bong here, can't wait for Christmas!

>familly comes together and we pray to Allah before feasting on our superior cuisine
>stargazey pie
>cousins bring their famous haggis
>delicious sides of sponged pudding and black pudding
>my mum makes the best mushy peas
>the whole feast is centered around the best jellied eals in all the land
>at the end of dinner and we pray to allah again
>>
>>7196392
>Black people don't eat any different than other americans in their income brackets

Southern cuisine i.e. creole/cajun is heavily influenced by black people cuisine, and that's the only style of cuisine native to the USA apart from food designed to be served in styrofoam containers.
>>
>>7196400
>>stargazey pie
only a fucking savage would eat fish at christmas m8
>>
>>7196410
>he thinks black people in louisiana actually eat like that most of the time!
>>
>>7196410
>and that's the only style of cuisine native to the USA

You are forgetting barbecue

You are forgetting tex-mex

You are forgetting southern which cajun/creole is related to of course
>>
>>7196366

I eat Christmas dinner at my mums house, and she cant make bread sauce for shit. Her recipe goes something like add white bread, diced onion and milk to a bowl, microwave, mush together with a fork. Done. Thats why it doesnt make it on to my plate.

She actually cant cook very well at all. There will be a grand total of zero seasoning used during the cooking process because she "doesnt like salt" and "pepper is too spicy".
>>
>>7196400
no.
>>
>>7196422
>barbecue
America did not invent the concept of shoving some meat on a fire.
>tex-mex
That's Mexican cuisine appropriated and watered-down for an American audience.
>southern
Assuming that means things like Hoppin' John then that's black people cuisine.
>>
File: 1024px-Pork_ribsstuck.jpg (168 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Pork_ribsstuck.jpg
168 KB, 1024x768
>>7196243
In Norway there are two largely served dishes. Pork rib-steak bing the most widely served dish.

A contender popular along the western coast is Pinnekjott (stick meat) which is basically salted and smoked sheep or mutton ribs made in a process using wooden sticks and steaming the meat.

In all honesty, this sheep dish has probably got much longer tradition than the pork rib-dish, which probably got popular after the war. This is due to the fact you have to cook it in an oven, which many people didnt have before the war. So they relied on dishes made in pot and kettles before this.

And then there are other dishes like cooked cod or lutefisk (dried cod cured with lye and reydrated). Many households will serve it during christmas, but only a few percent use it on Cristmas eve. However, these dishes would probably traditionally be served before the war.

Christmas porridge was also a classic among the working people of the last century. Milk and rice porridge with a stick of butter, cinnamon and sugar. This survived too, but not as a main course.
>>
>>7196335
I'm black and the only fresh water fish I eat is Tilapia.
>>
>>7196243

Irishfag here.

Turkey basically the spread of Thanksgiving dinner in the states.

Barmbrack- it's a sweet bread that you bake treasures into, like toys, there's a tradition of baking a ring into it and the person who finds the ring gets good luck. I don't eat it or make it...but it's a tradition.

Poundies, basically a potato pancake.

Colcannon or champ...mashed potatoes with kale in it, bacon and a very large knot of butter. Supposed to make a hole in the mound of potatoes and fill it entirely with melted butter, or a knot large enough to fill the well/hole.

Drink, always a favourite here. Loads of alcohol.
>>
>>7196453
That pork rib dish is literally stolen from the Spanish
>>
>>7196447
>America did not invent the concept of shoving some meat on a fire.

You are ignorant of the history of it, it's not just smoking meat. It's smoking certain cuts of meat slowly, with indirect heat for hours. It's rubbing the meat with spices that are native to this hemisphere, and making sauces to eat them with/baste them with made from ingredients native to this hemisphere as well.

>That's Mexican cuisine appropriated and watered-down for an American audience.

No, it's basically the cuisine of northern mexico as well. Mexico had a lot of german and austrian immigrants to the northern states, and states like New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas had a lot of spanish immigrants. Things like wheat tortillas, heavier use of cheese that have inspiration from central european groups, and other tex-mex creations make it a distinct cuisine.

Just because its watered down in restaurants, doesn't mean that the heart of the cuisine made by families with older ties to the southwest don't have a legitimate cuisine.

Idiot.

>Assuming that means things like Hoppin' John then that's black people cuisine.

>implying black people are the only contributors to southern cuisine

Southern cuisine belongs to everyone in the south, and anyone saying otherwise is either willfully ignorant or willfully racist. It's a combination of traditional african, native american, and european ingredients with the same combination of cooking methods. Every group brought something useful to the beautiful invention of Southern cuisine.

Cajun cuisine was mostly a french immigrant thing. Creole is a bit more multi-ethnic in its origin.
>>
>>7196461
>>7196461
I hate it when people say shit like this.
Any nation that eats pork will invent the fucking pork roast sooner or later, man. It's not in any way unique or creative or advanced cooking and certainly not something the Norwegians would have to "steal" from you.
>>
>>7196461
yes, could be. I dont know, but I will make it a point to try whatever dish you think its in spanish.

I probably wont get the white sausages, apples, brown cream sauce and stuff to it, but I would give it a whirl.

That crispy rind crackling is divine btw.
>>
>>7196478
Says the thief
>>
Why don't you just buy the fish the day before christmas

why do you choose to have them living in your toilet
>>
>>7196478
I know right, I didnt even claim it was a norwegian invention. I just said it's the most common dish. :)
>>
>>7196396
I think it to be a satisfying caliber. The variety I, or we, shoot is from whitetail deer to moose. Boar do not really make it this far north, and bear kill licenses are too tightly held to be preparing for. Besides, they are polite enough to stay off my yard.

The strength of the 9.3mm is that even if it may cost some meat, it does not leave strugglers even with inexperienced shooters. The impact is sufficient.

>>7196392
Compare income? Are you trying to buy yourself out of the comparison?

You could light your grill with thousand dollar bills and I'd still trust a black man to bbq over you.

You make me sick to my stomach. It is no wonder Americans are right below Russians on the list of peoples to boil into soap before the world is worthwhile.

Merry christmas to you too, though.
>>
>>7196478
t. Olaf Barbosa
>>
File: 1397678315508.jpg (16 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1397678315508.jpg
16 KB, 334x393
>>7196492
>You could light your grill with thousand dollar bills and I'd still trust a black man to bbq over you.

Fucking racist piece of shit, I don't base my trust of how someone can BBQ based on their skin. You judge it based off of how they describe how they barbecue. You can tell how good it's going to be after just a few minutes.
>>
>>7196492
You've never been around poor black people, they eat like shit just like poor white americans
>>
>>7196487
I think its for 2 reasons.

1. Fear that they will be sold out, or just not wanting to stand in line for too long.
2. I think it cleans the fish a bit if they starve if for a couple of days. At least that is what one guy told me, but might be bullshit.
>>
>>7196503
I've been around poor black people. They sometimes move here. I've been around poor white people too, as they flee here for free dental care too.

Both are generally decent, well-eating people, because only degenerates like you seem to be staying home. Here's hopin' for that global nuclear war.
>>
>>7196516
>I think it cleans the fish a bit if they starve if for a couple of days. At least that is what one guy told me, but might be bullshit.

This, they swim in nasty water and putting them in your bathtub for a few days cleans them out
>>
>>7196462
>You are ignorant of the history of it
Apparently you are, since the word barbecue was appropriated from the Arawaks who are not native to North America.

>taking mexican food and slapping a fuckload of american cheese product on it means we invented a distinct cuisine
You're really reaching there.

The rest is just you admitting that southern cuisine is a combination of the French deportees from Acadia combined with black people food.

It seems you are unwilling to accept that the only style of cuisine native to the USA largely has its roots in black people. Perhaps it is you who is the one being wilfully racist, anon.
>>
>>7196522
What kind of strange projection is this?

All i said is they don't eat any differently, and you have to be a complete faggot about it?
>>
Norway. Food is usually salty and fat. The big guns are out on Christmas eve.

Pinnekjott - literal translation "stick meat". It's dried, salted and smoked lambribs. Some boil it (plebs), some slowly steam it and some do a combination of steaming and having it in the oven. Served with mashed rutabaga, potatoes and sausages or medister sausages/cakes. Served with beer and take a few shots of aquavit when finished. The superior choice.

Pork ribs. Boring as fuck, too much fat and low quality meath desu. Shit tier for plebs.

Some people make cod. A bit boring, imo, but "christmasy", I guess.

Lutefisk - otherwise known as "smelly Norwegian/Swedish fish" made from stockfish and lye. It's usually served at "julebord", a Norwegian and Swedish pre-christmas party tradition. Basically a group of people, i.e people working together or a group of friends get together, eat lutefisk and get really, really drunk. Foreigners working here are shocked when they participate for the first time.

Turkey is somewhat normal.
>>
>>7196526
>What kind of strange projection is this?
the kind that happens when you're an alcoholic mongol aka a Finn
>>
>>7196524
"hurr durr this word isn't from the continent, they musthave invented it!"

Most barbecue is pork and cattle, animals not native to north america. It's a modern invention from many sources.

>making mexican food and slapping a fuckload of american cheese product on it means we invented a distinct cuisine

taco bell isn't real, original tex-mex cuisine but I get your point, tex-mex is largely synonymous with garbage these days

Wheat tortillas, northern mexican white cheeses, lots of beef and pork, hatch chilies in god damn everything etc is tex mex. There's a good No Reservations or whatever on it.

>It seems you are unwilling to accept that the only style of cuisine native to the USA largely has its roots in black people.

Now you are putting words in my mouth, I was simply saying the one anon is forgetting the other foods here. I'm not racist against black people and unwilling to acknowledge them for the contributions.
>>
>>7196453
no.

pork was considered the finest delicacy at the jul table in the viking ages.
>>
>>7196570
haram
>>
>>7196243
We don't follow any tradition. We do whatever and eat whatever the fuck we want. Screw all this consumerist and religious bullshit. We just get together and hang out and party.
>>
>>7196243
One time when I was fishing up in the finger lakes I saw some black people in shitty pontoon boats fighting over dead floating carp.
>>
>>7196590
lol. I used to bowfish for carp in Illinois and sold them to black folk for 5 bucks a fish
>>
>spending holidays alone this year
>gonna buy a whole bunch of junk food and processed stuff

Brothers?
>>
File: moshi moshi bait desu.png (92 KB, 955x957) Image search: [Google]
moshi moshi bait desu.png
92 KB, 955x957
>>7196462
>>
carp shit tier fish tastes like mud
>>
File: 1288117000312.jpg (16 KB, 347x347) Image search: [Google]
1288117000312.jpg
16 KB, 347x347
>>7196644
>>
File: lutefisk julebord.jpg (14 KB, 250x192) Image search: [Google]
lutefisk julebord.jpg
14 KB, 250x192
lutefisk og lefse
>>
>>7196243
best thing i have ever seen on this board

>>7196286
i would be highly interested in watching this process
>>
>>7196372
TOP JEJ
>>
>>7196410
>Hi, I'm a stupid fuck who wants to criticize things I clearly know nothing about.
>>
>>7196331
Fish can go weeks without food no problem.
>>
http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/12/22/372088391/in-slovakia-christmas-dinner-starts-in-the-bathtub

http://thefisheriesblog.com/2012/12/10/the-christmas-carp-in-my-bathtub/
>>
>>7196243
we go out to the cheapest Chinese food place and laugh about how we killed christ.
>>
>>7196423
>she actually cant cook very well at all
Good thing she's british and no one can tell the difference
>>
>>7196423
Ouch that's rough. I'm thankful that everyone in my family cooks well and chips in at Xmas to make things go smoothly.

My nan is like that though, overcooks everything and doesn't use pepper at all. Nixs the salt "for her heart" but then chugs back two bottles of wine and slams mince pies with her beetus. Glad I only have to deal with her shit once every 4 years or so
>>
>>7196378
>"Blacks are master race" said the scandinavian cuckold

Hot sauce over fried garbage is not sophisticated
>>
File: 28795_l.jpg (126 KB, 614x409) Image search: [Google]
28795_l.jpg
126 KB, 614x409
I am so fucking ready for this
>>
>>7196410
>Southern cuisine i.e. creole/cajun is heavily influenced by black people cuisine
It's the other way around you retarded dipshit
>>
File: barszcz2-opt.jpg (306 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
barszcz2-opt.jpg
306 KB, 600x450
polan

beetroot soup with dumplings
>>
>>7196570
No to what? I never said pork wasn't served in the viking ages. I just stated that as most people lacked an oven in the general houseolds before the second world war, it was more common for people to cook food in kettles and pans. As such pork ribs wasn't really a common christmas dish.
>>
>>7196734
You are in luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgFLkgiadXg
>>
>>7196883

That looks fuckin' fantastic. Tell me about it, maybe I'll make it myself some time.
>>
>>7196907

Thanks anon.

I always find it amusing to see what people in second world countries do with their money and free time.
>>
>No one mentions a Tennessee or Kentucky Ham

Got one soaking in my sink right now
>>
>>7196923
>Slovakia
>second world

That's awfully generous of you
>>
>>7196324
kek
>>
File: scarlet.jpg (128 KB, 800x850) Image search: [Google]
scarlet.jpg
128 KB, 800x850
HUEnigger here
>turkey
>chester (a very fat rooster)
>mayo with various vegetables such as carrots and peas
>pork
>farofa (basically cassava flour with dry pork bits and olives)
>rice and raisins
>nuts
>>
File: 1446086877644.jpg (10 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1446086877644.jpg
10 KB, 285x298
That's awesome. You can tell how healthy they are and won't have to leave the house on the holiday to get freshly killed fish.

Eggnog is a must for my house. Dinner usually depends on what's in the house that year, but eggnog is consumed at an alarming rate with more and more rum as every glass is filled.

We use ice cream as "ice cubes" for the booze-nog too. I've accepted my future diabetes.
>>
>>7196892
I love that stuff. Can't wait to eat it soon
>>
>>7196867
Pretty much.

My old man is a decent cook though. And hes been working for a butcher over christmas. With his habbit of aquiring things for free from wherever he works, I should eat well when I visit him

>>7196879
Its a chore, and its painful to watch good food be spoilt by boiling or roasting it beyond recognition. But its once a year so I dont complain too much.

>>7196914
Not that guy, but looks like gravadlax (although it looks raw so I dont know).

I made a cook-along thread a few days ago where I did this. Can post some of it if you want or can post recipe.
>>
File: 1386638999342.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1386638999342.png
2 MB, 1440x900
>>7197304
>boiling or roasting it beyond recognition
>no seasoning
>imagining overcooked dry as sahara turkey with nothing on it
>sprouts that turn to mush under the tongue and have become grey
>bread sauce that is just warm Hovis and milk

Godspeed anon, I hope this Christmas is good to you as nobody needs that shit any day of the year let alone the birthday of our lord and saviour
>>
>>7196331
You dont feed them this is a common step before slaughtering farm raised fish keep em in a location with no food for 3 days to clean out their guts.
>>
>>7196826
>jew detected
>>
>>7196243
Cauliflower
>>
>>7197265
How do you make your eggnog?
>>
>>7196492
WE
>>
>>7197452
WUZ
>>
>>7197500
COOKS
>>
>>7196589
"Hang out and party" sounds like consumerist bullshit to me.
>>
>>7197522
People have been hanging out aka talking and partying aka drinking and eating food since the dawn of time

I can't think of anything more essential to keeping people together as a social group

Fucking idiot
>>
a roasted lamb leg is generally the go to in NZ, but I've seen whole turkeys becoming more popular, it's basically the ONLY time you can purchase them in a supermarket, and they're always frozen.

roast tatoes and/or kumara, veges, pavlova for dessert.

>tfw summer Christmas means fresh homegrown strawberries on the pav

a lot of my gardening friends love it because they get super into growing all their own food for Christmas lunch.
>>
>>7196246
I've always wanted to try carp.
>>
Maritime Canada Christmas dinner is pretty english, but with a few weird differences -- at least in my fairly rural county. Almost none of this stuff -- turkey excluded -- is storebought. My grandparents grow, preserve, and can almost all of it themselves. It's a real treat.

>Roast Turkey
>Riced Potatoes
>'Dressing' made with dried homemade bread, potatoes, & sage
>Boiled Carrots
>Preserved Fiddleheads
>Peas & onion
>Lady Ashburnham pickle
>fermented dills
>gravy
>>
>>7197621
Carp are bottom feeders and their flesh tastes like mud.

By all means, try it when you get the chance. But don't despair feeling like you're missing out on something special like a kneckbeard yearning for his first consensual sexual experience without duct tape and chlorofoam.
Sorry, I don't know what just happened.
>>
File: DSC_0128.jpg (205 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0128.jpg
205 KB, 640x427
>>
File: doj2.jpg (28 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
doj2.jpg
28 KB, 300x225
>>
I can't wait for Prime Rib and Crablegs for Christmas dinner.
>>
File: koi.jpg (65 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
koi.jpg
65 KB, 650x366
>>7197840
>their flesh tastes like mud
fag detected
>>
>>7197848
are you going to the movies for Christmas?
>>
File: A-bucket-of-KFC-hopefully-011.jpg (61 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
A-bucket-of-KFC-hopefully-011.jpg
61 KB, 620x372
>>7196243
>What are traditional christmas dishes from your country?
>>
>>7197450
Last year I used Alton Brown's recipe, but five minutes after mixing, my egg whites separated and floated to the top to make 3 inches of flavorless protein foam over good eggnog.

This year, I'm doubling the yolks, losing the whites. I may do double boiler, but haven't decided.
>>
File: dumb frog poster.jpg (31 KB, 597x361) Image search: [Google]
dumb frog poster.jpg
31 KB, 597x361
>>7197853
say that to my can of mace, not online, and see what happens.
>>
File: kapustnica.jpg (90 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
kapustnica.jpg
90 KB, 768x576
We also make cabbage soup in Slovakia.
>>
File: photo-original.jpg (386 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
386 KB, 1536x1152
>>7196243
"oh are we having a celebration of any sort? i will bring the potato salad!"
>>
>>7196923

>I always find it amusing to see what people in second world countries do with their money and free time

you mean 10 bucks to buy a carp and 5 minutes to kill it?
>>
>>7197904
you wouldn't do shit. you'll probably start screaming "COME ON, HIT ME!" while flinging your arms around the air
>>
>>7196243
this is czech tradition you just adopted.
>>
>>7198142
seriously?
>>
>>7196243
Is this why slovaks smell like roadkill?
>>
>>7198155

go home you filthy hungarian
>>
In Poland we have usually 12 dishes for christmass eve
>>
>>7197840
>Carp are bottom feeders and their flesh tastes like mud.
Depends on the quality of the water they were living in. It's also why OP was talking about letting them live in the bathtub for a couple of days: Keeping them in clean, regularly changed water gets rid of the muddy taste.
>>
File: 1448345155983.png (327 KB, 596x381) Image search: [Google]
1448345155983.png
327 KB, 596x381
>>7196882

>trying this hard

lol enjoy christmas touching yourself next to your plate of cold nuggers
>>
>>7198193
In Slovenia, too. And Italy. I think Catholic countries in general eat twelve Christmas dishes with the main course being comprised of fish.

>>7197340
Today is Mawlid, Mohammed's Birthday. That's who you're talking about, right? Cuz you can't be talking about Jesus as he was born sometime between March and May.
>>
Ribbe, pinnekjott or rakfisk. Regional differences here in Norway, personally I hate rakfisk. The others are godtier though.
>>
Hungary
>Fisherman's soup
>Stuffed cabbage
>Bejgli
>Mákos guba
>>
>>7196460
Where in the Best country ever are you, over where I am brack is a Halloween thing, usually we have mincepies and a Christmas cake made by granny
>>
>>7197526
>implying partying and getting shitfaced is a social necessity
To each their own, I guess.
>>
>>7196886
Sorry.

Southern cuisine i.e. cajun/creole is heavily influenced by black people cuisine.

Better?
>>
>>7197621
It's truly awful. All the muddy earthiness of trout with none of the slightly sweet salmon-y redeeming qualities. The roe, on the other hand, is ok.
>>
>>7198313
>implying jesus was real
>>
>>7197304
Gravlax is raw. Its prepared by adding ALOT of sugar, salt and herbs to salmon and putting it under pressure (like a plate and some bricks) for a few days. Thats it, its done, no cooking
>>
>>7196331
it actually sounds kind of kinky, totally up for it
>>
File: image0072.jpg (49 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
image0072.jpg
49 KB, 600x457
>Russia
We don't usually celebrate Christmas but our New Year celebrations are almost identical. Traditional dish is Russian salad.
>>
File: its a no no.jpg (42 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
its a no no.jpg
42 KB, 600x399
>>7198471
ceлёдкa пoд шyбoй
selyodka pod schuboi is herring covered with layers of vegetables, mainly beetroot.
I don't really like herring at all so this dish is a no no for me.
>>
>>7198552
That looks positively foul. Like a child's attempt at spaghetti.
>>
>>7198453
inb4 get your dick bitten by a carp
>>
>>7198558
yup, I hate it.
>>
File: ygwbt.jpg (418 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ygwbt.jpg
418 KB, 1024x768
>>
File: boohoo.jpg (80 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
boohoo.jpg
80 KB, 700x700
>>7198568
I am deeply disgusted.
>>
>>7198552
herring under a fur coat?
>>
>>7198560
some people are into that, can you imagine half a fish stuffed into your asshole wriggling around?
>>
File: 1430261344287.gif (2 MB, 480x276) Image search: [Google]
1430261344287.gif
2 MB, 480x276
>>7198570
>>
>>7198575
The disturbing part is, about 50% of people into this are men.
>>
>>7198612
50%? I'd have guessed its much higher than that. Most emergency room visits involving something stuck in the asshole are men.
>>
How the fuck did a thread about Slovakian Christmas traditions degenerate into a thread ragging on Americans.

You faggots really need to get laid.
>>
>>7198902
>How the fuck did a thread [on /ck/] degenerate into a thread ragging on Americans.
been here much?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Jakes
>>
>>7196243
savages
>>
>>7196243
Christmas dinner at my Grannies in Ireland

>Roast Turkey, Ham and Beef
>Roast Potatoes
>Mashed Potatoes
>Mashed carrots and parsnips
>Mashed swede
>Brussel sprouts
>Greens boiled then fried
>Onion gravy
>Cranberry sauce
>>
>>7198973
Fresh ingredients = Best
What's the fucking problem mane?
Or is mr pussy afraid of killing the fish?
>>
>>7198999
Your gran really knows how to host a meal.
>>
>>7196462
Cool story, bro
>>
>>7196400
Don't you know that the haggis is an endangered animal?
>>
>>7196378
You sound like a total faggot
>>
>>7198401

Cork
>>
File: rabanadas-natal.jpg (60 KB, 555x370) Image search: [Google]
rabanadas-natal.jpg
60 KB, 555x370
> Rabanadas (french toast + wine + cinammon) pic related
> Bacalhoada (salted cod + potatoes + varieties of olives + olive oil + peppers)
>>
>>7196410
Burger reporting to duty!

Who gives a fuck. We probably have some of the best iterations of your shitholes finest cuisine too because that's what we do as a superpower. We take 'em all ('cept mudslimes these days, ofc) and turn them into winners.

BOOM!
TRUMP '16
>>
File: rouladen.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
rouladen.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
[stomach growls in German]
>>
File: 1435252828317.jpg (93 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1435252828317.jpg
93 KB, 604x453
>>7196372
It's eastern Europe. Probably both.
>>
>>7196447
You're forgetting native American.
>>
>>7198227
Does anyone have this original, unedited image?
>>
>>7197419
Nothin gets past this guy
>>
>>7199389
I love rabanadas.
>>7198352
And halászlé. I think I will make it tomorrow.
>>
>>7196378
Lutefisk is great.
I threaten people with it all the time
>>
>>7200522
>dubs
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.