[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nanaimo bars Just finished making these for Christmas dessert.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (193 KB, 920x738) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
193 KB, 920x738
>Nanaimo bars
Just finished making these for Christmas dessert. Truly a horrifying amount of butter and sugar. And I thought Americans had the lock on diabetes.

What did/will you make for Christmas?
>>
File: tourtiere.jpg (22 KB, 299x228) Image search: [Google]
tourtiere.jpg
22 KB, 299x228
>>7195067
traditional tourtiere.

I've never tried Nanaimo bars. They just seem like diabeetus. Costco sells them cheap though.
>>
File: vito.jpg (28 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
vito.jpg
28 KB, 500x387
if u support mass immigration that just go ahead and blend the cake all up

no more layers
>>
>>7195067

mfw from Nanaimo eating these bars at local bakeries.
>>
>>7195067
>>7195082
>lots of butter and sugar
>diabetes!
just eat a bite or two, you don't need to eat the whole thing.
>>
>>7195067
That middle layer isn't custard, Canadians. You're lying to yourselves.

It's buttercream frosting and you fucking know it.
>>
>>7195139

You clearly haven't had a real Nanaimo bar yet. Only the shit tier imitations use frosting.
>>
I made fudge, and I think I did it in the most lazy way possible.

3 cups of chocolate chips
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
4 table spoons of butter

microwave and stir. then put it into a tray and place it into the fridge until hardened.

it tastes really good but I feel like a hack fraud.
>>
File: fuck me.png (286 KB, 405x633) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.png
286 KB, 405x633
>>7195139
>>7195142
But the frosting makes it easier to eat. Real custard just spreads outward when you bite.
>>
I shall make the effort of showing up... and eat what everyone else has made.
>>
>>7195067

I made Sugar cookies, chocolate chip and pecan, Gingerbread, shortbread, Kjleiner, Brunkrogar, apple pie, blackberry pie, jewel pie and Hitler Cake (Apple Walnut cake)
>>
>>7195151
Fuck yeah, I make that all the time. Except I use a double boiler instead of the microwave, and omit the butter.

You know, if you cook that can of sweetened condensed milk in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours (submerged in water, of course) you get some dank fuckin caramel sauce that makes the fudge so much better.
>>
>>7195135
Hey familia me too, i never thought i'd see someone from Nanaimo on here.
>>
>>7195208
I don't have a double boiler. My cooking equipment is a collection of battered old pans and a pot from my parents. It has been hinted I might get something new in two days.
>>
>>7195312
I just float my saucepan inside my dutch oven. The steam burns mean it's working.
>>
>>7195683

Yeah, I got a big metal bowl that I put on top of my large pot. It works the same, and is way more practical.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.