[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, what is your favorite banana bread recipe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: gingered-banana-bread.jpg (59 KB, 535x356) Image search: [Google]
gingered-banana-bread.jpg
59 KB, 535x356
Hey /ck/, what is your favorite banana bread recipe?
>>
>banana bread
>no banana
>no bread
>>
>>7193579
The Elvis sandwich.
>>
>>7193581

Yeah, me too.
>>
File: banana_phone.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
banana_phone.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>7193579
The best ones are the ones that sing to me.

Banana Phone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5C6X9vOEkU
>>
Here's the recipe I normally follow for banana bread.

2 cups flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
Stick of softened butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
3-4 ripe mashed bananas (I usually use bananas that are a good way into turning black)
(Optional stuff)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon each Cinnamon and nutmeg
1/2 cup of chopped nuts (I prefer pecans but walnuts, pistachios and almonds all work well)

Sift together flour, salt, baking powder.
Cream together butter and salt for a few minutes with a whisk or mixer until it's smooth and light in color. Add eggs to sugar/butter mixture along with vanilla and cinnamon and nutmeg if using. Stir the banana and nuts (if using) in with the other liquid stuff then dump it all into the dry ingredients and mix it all together briefly.

Dump that into a greased/floured loaf pan, stick it in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour or so until it's done; stick a toothpick or sharp knife into the middle and it comes out clean.

Take it out of the oven, let it sit in the pan for a few minutes, then turn it out and stick it on a rack to finish cooling.

I've also mixed raisins or dried cranberries into it for something different before.
>>
Pic related. Most important tips for banana bread:
- In banana bread, you actually need to mix together all the dry ingredients separately, then mix the wet ingredients, then add the dry mixture. When you do, fold - don't beat - and DO NOT overmix as this causes it to be dense. There should still be some tiny bits of flour visible.
- Vastly improved by the addition of some variety of syrup, drizzed over the top immediately after removal from the oven. I use Torani "salted caramel syrup" that's meant for fancy coffee drinks.
>>
Its hard to go wrong when the recipe is 50% banana
>>
File: MFhj646.png (428 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
MFhj646.png
428 KB, 610x457
>>7193579
>>
File: nn2s bananarchy.gif (79 KB, 780x262) Image search: [Google]
nn2s bananarchy.gif
79 KB, 780x262
>>7193831
>>
>>7193581
>no banana

U wot
>>
>>7195028
Designated...
>>
>>7193579
Your mom's. I got some last night after doing her.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.