[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>low heat >butter >crack eggs into pan >cover >check,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: Fry-Eggs-Beauty-01_s4x3.jpg (689 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fry-Eggs-Beauty-01_s4x3.jpg
689 KB, 1440x1080
>low heat
>butter
>crack eggs into pan
>cover
>check, not cooked at all
>check again, whites cooked but yolk not at all, not even runny just not cooked
>check once more a minute later, yolk is rubber

Tell me what the fuck I'm doing wrong
>>
The low heat is probably the problem
>>
>crack eggs into pan
Found your problem
>>
>eggs

Found your problem
>>
>>7193311
>>check again, whites cooked but yolk not at all, not even runny just not cooked
they are done right here, homeboy
>>
>>7193311
>check once more a minute later, yolk is rubber
Check 30 seconds later.
>>
I finally gave up on trying to cook a perfect sunny side up egg.

I poach every egg I cook now, it's easy and shit and everything cooks perfectly.
>>
Spoon some of the heated butter on top of the yolk.
>>
>>7193311
>problem

found it
>>
your problem obviously is that you aren't cutting up the egg in 4 parts and seasoning them differently to become a spice master
>>
Probably need the smallest bit more heat.
>>
why are you cooking it on low heat you stupid idiot
>>
Non stick pan.
Medium low heat.
Put tiny amount of water in pan.
Cover with lid.
The steam will cook the egg evenly.
>>
>butter

unsalted, i dearly hope
>>
>not liking runny yolk
>>
>>7193505
runny =/= uncooked
>>
it sounds like you like over easy
>>
You need the pan hot, but not smoking. That way you get crispy white and runny yolk. Takes about 2 mins to cook.
>>
>>7193541
don't want crisp white, want moist soft cooked white and runny yolk, should be slightly jelly like but still ooze out but not liquid as if not cooked at all
>>
>>7193541
>crispy white
You're the kid who ate his scabs in kindergarten, weren't you?
>>
Has anyone tried frying an egg in an oven? I'm fairly sure the problem I always have with the pan is uneven heat distribution
>>
>>7193311
while were talkin eggs, how the fuck do you make an over easy egg? all i want is some fried egg with some runny yolk for my toast but it always either sticks to the pan or i fuck up the flip
>>
If it looks done in the pan, it will be overcooked in the plate

seriously, just remove them and they will continue cooking in the plate for a couple minutes
>>
File: rm0001-mp-vwd[1].jpg (41 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
rm0001-mp-vwd[1].jpg
41 KB, 800x800
>>7193620
Get a toastie pan and use that
>>
>>7193620
Use a spoon to pour oil over the yolk to thicken the skin up before you flip it
>>
>>7193648
like melted butter or something?
>>
>>7193435
>like to fry 3-4 eggs at once
>try different spice combinations on each of them

one of the few actually fun things to do with food
>>
>>7193572
>not liking a bit of crispiness with your fried eggs

you're the one with the bleeding vagina despite being a boy, right?
>>
>>7193651
Yeah, or oil like vegetable oil or olive oil. What do you normally lubricate your pan with?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (107 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
107 KB, 620x620
>tfw yolks cooked until just barely gelatinized without yet turning hard
>>
>>7193661
a fuckton of butter, i wait until it bubbles a little and then add the eggs and drop to low heat
>>
File: 1417096100988.gif (2 MB, 414x318) Image search: [Google]
1417096100988.gif
2 MB, 414x318
>tfw your eggs turn out perfect every time
>>
>>7193354
This.

Sunny side up is the BEST way to eat an egg.

Supposedly if you're having trouble getting the whites to cook on top, you can just splash some of the hot cooking oil on top. Sounds like it takes too much skill for me, but whatever.
>>
>>7193660
You're the one who eats well done steak right?
>>
OK. Serious question.

How do I fry an egg without the bottom getting crispy? Some people like it that way (see above) but I don't. I like soft whites, and somewhat runny yolks.

I can poach eggs just fine, and prefer them like that because I can't fry them well: frying them the way I like them is something I haven't got the hang of yet.

I know I'm doing something wrong there, but what is it?
>>
>>7193755
>he likes a badly done steak
Move to the UK
>>
>>7193789
They eat well done in the UK sissy
>>
How the fuck do you autists post all this fancy shit all the time but can't even cook an egg? Do you dress yourself in the morning?
>>
>>7193785
get your butter/oil heated up. Drop your egg, wait until it barely sets then tilt the pan and just spoon the butter/oil over the yolk until it turns white.

I find it hard to do it consistently, but it makes for the best eggs possible - runny but not raw yolk and soft white
>>
>>7193789
I love how obsessed you are.
>>
>>7194354
>Do you dress yourself in the morning?
lol, of course. Mommy lays out my clothes for the day on the bed and helps me put on my pants sometimes. But I can velcro my own shoes now!
>>
>>7193311
once you master cooking eggs like this, learn how to make the perfect mixtures of spices by seasoning a quarter on the egg with your spice combination. You can get 4 different combinations per egg. So if you eat 10 eggs a day, you can try over 40 different combinations and become a spice master. best cooking tip you could ever get.
>>
File: 1428857054907.jpg (5 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1428857054907.jpg
5 KB, 224x225
>>7193484
borderline scientist genius
>>
>>7193504
Unsalted butter is for baking, you scrub.
>>
>>7194628
I already am sick of this meme.
>>
>>7193311
don't keep your eggs in the fridge it makes them cook unevenly.
>>
>leaving your eggs for a minute at a time

Found your problem. Never leave them unattended.
>>
>>7193661
>oil like vegetable oil or olive oil
This is how you ruin eggs. The flavor of oil is terrible for eggs.
>>
>not cooking your eggs properly
>eating them runny or sunny side up

Enjoy your E. coli and salmonella.
>>
Don't see the point of cooking eggs like this. The white part is tasteless, and if you fuck up the yolk the egg becomes inedible. Creamy scrambled eggs is the only way to go.
>>
>>7195463
You eat bites of the whites with fried potatoes and meat, and then when you break the yolk you eat it with toast
>>
>>7195440
Even with the shit covered US eggs, the chances of E. coli are extremely for raw eggs.

But it doesn't matter since the eggs are cooked
>>
>>7195440

do they not employ the use of pasteurization in your third-world country?
>>
>>7195463
>White person that doesn't know how to use seasoning

Surprise surprise
>>
>>7195482

The chances that you have ever eaten a pasteurised egg from the shell even in America are practically zero. In the first world salmonella is combatted by simply washing the shells during processing.
>>
>>7195488
>Minority knowing how to read and write

I really am surprised
>>
>>7195488
>sambo finds keyboard
>attempts communication
>>
>>7195472
if the yolk is runny, they're not cooked properly
>>7195482
>pasteurizing eggs
What the fuck. You just have to wash and cook them properly you freak, no need to wear hazmat suits
>>
>>7193504
Clarified, dick-wad
>>
>>7195463
Scrambled is such utter garbage. Let's take the yolk and albumen, two portions of the egg (regarded in other contexts as separate ingredients), each with desirable, unique characteristics, and rather than treating each delicately, just fuck my shit up senpai and blend it all together until it becomes homogenous in (insipid) flavor and texture.

Do you then cover it with cheese?
>>
>>7195533

in the us most eggs are pasteurized
>>
>>7195547
Read your own post. It is not normal to get so upset over nothing. Seek help. If you're ever cured, I guarantee you'll enjoy melted cheese on your scrambled eggs too.
>>
>>7195547
actually, scrambled eggs by themselves taste like shit.

Fry some onions until they're soft and lightly colored, then add the eggs then some salt and seasonings that you like. That's the proper, basic way to make scrambled eggs.
But you can do more. Chop up some hot dogs,and add them to the onions while they're frying, and voilá, you have a very filling breakfast you can eat with some bread slices.
>>
>>7193563

Okay. You want low heat, oil in the pan, and the egg has to cook in there for about 5mins, maybe abit longer. White should be soft but cooked, yolk will be runny.
>>
>>7193311
Honestly you should use olive oil instead of butter.
You'll learn how to cook those eventually though.
>butter
Goddamn.
>>
>>7195568
Lol, i said this in a thread a couple of weeks ago but i was just shit posting. Did you see my post and take me seriously?
>>
>>7195439
Fucking plebeian.
>>
does no one else just splash the hot oil on the yolk?

I crack the egg in, when the whites are nearly done I splash the hot oil with a spatula over the yolk cooking it slightly, then server runny
>>
>>7193311
>low heat
>butter
>crack
iunno op, sounds excellent to me
>>
>>7196152
My mother used to do something like this. Low heat, lots of oil (or bacon grease, whatever was going.
Slowly cooking them, and slowly spooning oil over the yolk over and over again until it reached desired level of "done".
No flipping. She would then take it out of the oil and place em on paper towels to make them a little less greasy.
>>
>>7193785
Lower your heat and use bacon grease. Get a good spatula like a Hutzler fiberglass reinforced nylon or learn a good sautee motion. I go 2 notches below medium for fried eggs and a notch below for omlettes. With practice you can flip an egg with runny white and runny yolk (over easy for you ignorant swine). Over medium is runny yolk solid white. It takes practice. Eggs are cheap, have fun.
>>
>>7195580
This would be a really neat post if you could actually determine my emotional state from three sentences about eggs.

>>7195681
>Admits they taste like shit
>Still makes them, and creatively uses salt and pepper to make them palatable
>Adds hot dog cut up with a knife for that "real chef feel"
>>
>>7193435
You forgot to say T B H F A M, drone.
>>
Covering the pan will help.

>>7195469
Dats it

>>7195681
Dats also it
>>
>>7193311
being picky
>>
File: 1443256459065.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1443256459065.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
>>7193484
>mfw people don't know about adding water to the pan to help steam the egg

op is as bad as that itachi short
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.