[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Boyfriend Is The Worst At Cooking.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 31
File: 1425621265671.jpg (59 KB, 600x578) Image search: [Google]
1425621265671.jpg
59 KB, 600x578
/ck/, how do you tell someone their cooking is shit, nicely? I'm sure all of you have eventually had to tell someone to stop, because they don't know what they are doing.

> 21, f, dating a 23 year old dude.
> We move in together.
> We're deciding who does what chores.
> He takes cooking since he loves it.
> Let him do it because while I can cook, it isn't my favorite thing on earth to do.
> Also, it doesn't hurt that he's grown up poor, like dumpster diving/stealing for food poor.
> So he's amazing at shopping on a budget.
> He manages 3 meals a day, on 150-200$/month, for both of us.
> Seems pretty decent.
> His cooking is terrible though. Just fucking terrible.
> Some of it is tolerable, but it's shit anyone can do, like slow cooker meals.
> Been tolerating and eating it because I don't feel comfortable complaining about food to a person who has nearly starved to death at certain points in his life.

However I can't take it anymore. I've decided to break it to him that his food sucks. I just don't know how.

I can post nightmare stories from his cooking methods if you'd like, in exchange for advice on helping me break it to him. Stories guaranteed to make you cringe and reevaluate your life. I just don't really know where to start. So request and I'll tell some tales while I figure out how to do this.
>>
Let's hear a tale then we can see how bad it is.
>>
>>7193016
I'm a girl, btw
>>
show us some pix of your dick
>>
Do what I do with my husband. We're from two different countries and his general taste are incredibly bland, on top of the fact that he really can't cook.

Relegate him to assistant chef duty. That way, he doesn't feel like a dunce in the kitchen while still participating.

You said he was good with food budgets. Make it his mission to secure all the ingredients for recipes. Meal plans. Just don't let him prepare anything.
>>
How about the other way round? How do I determine whether I am a shit cook when my gf would not tell me so?
Occasionally she says something, but only when I can taste what I did wrong myself anyway.
>>
>>7193042
When the response to all your meals is the same.
>>
>>7193033

I'll post a couple. Starting with something current:

> With the holidays coming, he's been using a lot of ginger.
> Makes ginger snaps.
> Make a note to him we're out of powdered ginger.
> He comes home after shopping with these huge roots of ginger.
> Peels and dehydrates a bunch.
> Grinds it into powder.
> Candies a bunch.
> Grinds it in the food processor into dust.
> Starts making cookies.
> Fresh ginger in the batter, shitloads of the candy dust, and two fucking tablespoons of the pwdered ginger he made.
> Adds fucking cardamom, shit is strong as fuck.
> Adds Cayenne pepper to it.
> Who the fuck puts hot peppers in a cookie?
> After he's made the batter, rolls dough out into balls to make the cookies.
> BUT WAIT, NOT ENOUGH GINGER.
> Rolls them in the dust as well.
> Starts baking them.
> Whole house smells like a fucking medicine cabinet while he's doing this.
> Literally smells like an old ladies purse.
> They turn out terrible.
> Hard as bricks, they crunch too much. Not soft and chewy the way a cookie should be.
> They hit your mouth so hard they take your breath away.
> Fresh ginger is shit because it hasn't cured. It smells and tastes almost like citrus. Far too bright, not the deep earthy flavor ginger is supposed to have.
> He acts like they are the best damned thing ever.
>>
He didn't make cookies. He made breath mints.

I think he's just overzealous in the kitchen. Sounds like he really wants to prove that he knows what he's doing, despite having no idea what he's doing. Probably watches one too many cooking shows/videos without actually having the kitchen experience to back it up.
>>
More from ginger land.

> He has a rule of not buying candy, cookies, sweets, or anything else like that. Instead, if he wants something, he has to make it himself.
> Says it keeps him thin and under budget because he's way too lazy to prepare confectioneries often, even though he loves it.
> To satisfy soda and alcohol cravings, he home brews.
> Out of a rig he made himself with buckets and parts from fucking home depot.
> Decides he's gonna make ginger ale.
> He's putting shit like orange/orange zest, honey, more fucking cardamom, more fucking cayenne, cinnamon and vanilla into it.
> Ginger ale isn't supposed to taste like any of that.
> When it finished and I tried some, I could barely recover.
> Shit's around 8% alcohol easy.
> Flavor so strong it clears your sinuses for fuck sake.
> Whole body is hot. Ice cold showers won't fix it.
> He's so happy with it though.
> Can't bring myself to tell him it's shit.
> So I keep drinking with him.
> So fucking hot, so fucking drunk.
> Numbing effect on my throat makes me feel like I just drank alcoholic cough medicine served in hell.
>>
>>7193053
You sound like a real keeper, miss. 2bh
>>
>/ck/ - my personal relationship blog
>>
>>7193070
4chan has been reddit tier for months now
>>
>>7193016

Take a cooking class together. Say you want specific dishes, offer to help him cook...it'll bring you closer and quality control cam be ensured.
>>
>>7193070
> hater is hating
At least better and more entertaining than another Chili, Pizza, Ramen, or Carbonara thread.
>>
>>7193053
>cayenne
He probably watches Food Wishes.
My opinion? He probably actually knows a lot but just can't execute it. That's sort of how I am.
Encourage him to start talking with a professional or a chef if he likes cooking so much. Can you cook better than he can? Why don't you try helping?
>>
>>7193072

>months
>>
Let's not talk about ginger anymore. Meals!

> He loves beef stroganoff.
> Uses chuck roast for it. ( I know we're poor but come on. )
> Overcrowds pan.
> Portabella mushrooms...
> Onion/garlic, not particularly weird.
> Uses white wine to deglaze. ( White wine never goes with beef. Never. )
> Hand makes egg noodles.
> Thick ass egg noodles, not delicate pasta we could have bought store made.
> Fucking chives on top. Chives.

> fucking kill me.
>>
>>7193080

>21st century womyn
>encouraging

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>7193079
>a huge cunt complaining about her bf on /ck/ is entertaining
Its sad.
>>
>>7193085
I don't think you can cook as well as you think you can
>>
>>7193085
You sound a lot like one of those tumblr bitches that thinks they can cook.
>>
Just tell him straight up his cooking is shit.
People need to be called out on their bullshit, #1. #2 If he's a man he won't be offended. If he gets butthurt about it, don't worry. You'll realize he's a gigantic vagina and dump him. Problem solved.
>>
>>7193080

I don't know what his internet activity is, but he reads a lot. I mean a lot a lot.

He has an obsession about doing things at home.

> Makes all his own stocks.
> Chicken stock is meh. Flavor isn't bad, but it isn't as murky and bright yellow as you'd expect from store bought stocks.
> Can't buy specific chicken cuts. He grabs whole chickens, butchers them, and saves the spare parts for broth.
> Has a deal with local butcher for beef bones to make stock. Smart, but it never turns out. Always a bit murky/weird compared to store bought. Also uses tomato paste in beef stock. There is no tomato in beef stock.
> WineInStocks.jpg
> Hand pulls taffy.
> Who does that.
> Just buy a bag of fucking laffy taffy for 1$
> Whole kitchen looks like a labratory.
> Fucking 5 gallon buckets of flour/beans/sugar.
> Why are you stocking like this.
> Makes homemade bread every day.
> The time he spends making bread makes paying 2$ a loaf for commercial bread worth it holy shit.
> Corner of living room is a fucking garden.
> Herbs/lettuce.
> Why are you growing lettuce in water?
> Why?
> Why are you doing this in general.
> It's dirty. Why keep that in the house?
>>
File: 1884763773.png (925 KB, 1004x1059) Image search: [Google]
1884763773.png
925 KB, 1004x1059
>>7193085

I know that feel OP.

Last night:

>wife makes cookies
>hands me one
>they're green
>it has sprinkles on it
>wtfisthisshit.jpg
>"oh they're grinch cookies!"
>hand it back to her
>>
>>7193080
>Can you cook better than he can? Why don't you try helping?

Mostly because while I can cook, I hate it.

Honestly though the only thing keeping me from getting more involved is that I'm afraid now I'll offend or hurt his feelings.

I mean, he's a great guy, right? Love him to death, and this makes him happy. So I've been avoiding stepping on his toes and pretending to like everything up until now because I didn't want to hurt him.

Plus, as I said in the OP, do you have any idea how pretentious and bitchy I would sound complaining to a man who has been through what he has? Holy fuck I'd come off like a snob.
>>
inb4 OP's bf justifiably kills her in her sleep
>>
>>7193112
are you going to talk about that shit forever? you were a whiny faggot last night and you're a whiny faggot today.
>>
>>7193119

>isn't my favorite thing to do on Earth
>I hate it

Pick one.
>>
>>7193108
>super diy

This guy sounds interesting as fuck.

If he did in fact make everything so strong I would ask him to teach me and tell him that whilst I do understand he makes it that way it's too strong, intensive or whatever.

You should probably stop pretending you like shit because the longer you do the harder it'll be to get out.

>not being super diplomatic and honest with your partner.

Also
Tits or gtfo
>>
>>7193123

>implying I'm the same person
>>
>>7193122

Then makes a stew of her, serving to family and friends on Christmas.
>>
File: 20140510_135901.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20140510_135901.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7193112

Ew.
>>
>>7193119
I mean, if I were him I'd want to know if my cooking sucks. I have an obsession with competence.
Did he have an eating disorder?
...is this person me in another life? Because this all sounds exactly fucking like me.
>>
>>7193134
Or in chilli.
Southpark style.
>>
>>7193053
> Hard as bricks, they crunch too much. Not soft and chewy the way a cookie should be.

Crunchy cookies are better, also ginger snaps arent exactly soft cookies
>>
>>7193126

Ok, I used a bit of hyperbole.

Thing is, I don't really care to eat three meals a day. In fact, I'd rather eat once, for dinner, at a restaurant than cook at home.

If I do have to cook at home, I'd rather once again, eat a single meal daily, and buy quality ingredients with reliable consistency, and then make something normal. I don't understand his need or compulsion to DiY everything.
>>
>>7193144
This sounds super reasonable.
I mean your whole thread sounds reasonable.

Why are you wasting your time here and not just saying it all like this to him?

Like literally.... just fucking say exactly what you've been saying until now.

Just ask him to hear you out fully and let you speak.

This bottling up of your emotions will end really bad and people need to learn to be straight with each other.
>>
>>7193144

Great, that's what you want.

Do you think he should conform to your dietary OCD and restrict his caloric intake the way you do? You're aware eating once a day is terrible for you and will ensure binge eating...right?

Seems to me that you're incapable of actually letting other people have their way and your passive aggressive bullshit with his "bad cooking" is just another excuse to whine.

I bet you're a whiner. Like...so incredibly controlling and manipulative that he dresses the way you like because otherwise he won't get attention or affection from you. The more you type the less I like you.
>>
>>7193152
Because he'll realize how batshit crazy she is and dump her
>>
>>7193140
>Did he have an eating disorder?

I dunno. He eats compulsively, and lots, but he moves/does enough that he doesn't get fat. In fact he's kind of a work-a-holic. It isn't uncommon for him to go two or so days without sleep because he's working on a project, reading a book, studying, ect.

> He cooks a lot in bulk.
> Soups, beans, and so on.
> Packages these for lunches for the week.
> Go to work, lunch break comes.
> Oh look, more beans and ham.
> Oh look, more chilli.
> Oh look, more beans/protein.
> Beef stew.
> Starting to want to eat of McDonalds fucking dollar menu for the simple fact that the food doesn't come suspended in the liquid.
> Only person in lunch room during lunch.
> Thinking they must call me "soup girl" by now.
> Boyfriend says a little suffering never hurt anyone. Builds character.
> Talks about planning for the future and saving money.
> Says that while it sucks now, it'll make both of us happier to have lived this way when we are older.
> He's just so damned happy all the time.
> Never seen him displeased with anything.
> Ever.
> Can't get angry when he's smiling like that.
>>
f = faggot?
>>
>>7193164
Yeah.
You're crazy.
>>
>>7193155
>Like...so incredibly controlling and manipulative that he dresses the way you like because otherwise he won't get attention or affection from you.

Please. He literally gives no fucks, about anything. I couldn't control him if I wanted to.

I mean that too. Like nothing phases him, no matter how bad things have gotten for us. We could find out an asteroid was heading for earth, and going to kill 99% of all life, and he'd just be like

> " Oh well, we'll manage. Things always work out one way or another. "
>>
>>7193164

>he's always happy
>WHY ISNT HE MISERABLE I'M TRYING MY HARDEST!!!!!!

Swan dive off the nearest roof, please.
>>
File: 1449620808533.jpg (327 KB, 919x656) Image search: [Google]
1449620808533.jpg
327 KB, 919x656
>>7193155
>eating once a day is terrible for you
>>
>>7193176

What does that have to do with your obviously miserable and controlling demeanor?

You're pretty good at dancing around conversations and swaying them to where you want them to go to avoid actually answering questions, but all you're doing is talking about his problems...shirking responsibility.

You whine too much. Maybe he's intentionally punishing you, or breaking you down mentally like a cult does with repetitive foods or no food/water. Maybe he's grinding down your mental and intellectual capacities so you're not aware of your Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>7193176
>implying your bf wouldn't be able to support you guys postasteroid
>implying having a bf with usable skills is a bad thing
>implying you deserve him
>>
>>7193176
>SUPER productive guy
>knows his shit
>creative
>determined
>positive outlook on life

You still complain...
I bet the guy loves you to bits and you're a whiny mothefucker like the other anon said.
>>
I have made my decision. OP is either an elaborate troll, or a shallow woman, disgruntled by her own inability to cook or enjoy living. Now I could be wrong, but fuck it, I'm never wrong.
>>
>>7193185

Read the article, clearly states 3 squares a day is the best to maintain a normal healthy physique.

http://www.m.webmd.com/diet/features/6_meals_a_day
>>
>>7193195
>I'm never wrong
This guy clearly knows his shit. I believe him.
>>
Let's see, a lunch special!

> Says he's gonna make something different for lunch.
> Takes a chicken breast.
> Beats it with a fucking mallet till it's thin and the size of an entire plate.
> Cuts it in half.
> Smothers it in mustard. ( Homemade, of fucking course. )
> Then breads it with bread crumbs.
> Fries it in olive oil and butter.
> Steams asparagus.
> Fries a few pieces of bacon.
> Chops bacon, drains most of grease.
> Tosses steamed asparagus in grease with bacon and then onions and some slices red pepper.
> Serves the breast as is after frying, with asparagus/veggies as side.
> Wild rice as another side.
> Veggies don't mesh well together. Asparagus is a standalone thing.
> Why would you combine chicken and mustard.
> Wild rice is too nutty for the rest of the meal.
>>
>>7193191
>>7193192
You don't deserve him OP, now post tits
>>
>>7193199
>chicken and mustard
My mom used to make this chicken in mustard gravy and it was fucking badass!!!!

OP confirmed for having pleb palate.

The story thickens.
>>
Also, he as an obsession with olive oil and butter.

Like, he almost never uses normal oil. Closest he gets is if he's deep frying something. Then he'll use peanut oil. But seriously, what's wrong with normal fucking oil?
>>
>>7193214
Maybe he likes the taste of olive oil?
FFS you should be dating the manchild who hates sprinkles.
>>
>>7193214

This isn't the OP.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-07-23-58-04.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-07-23-58-04.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>7193164
I hope you really are just rolling us because I don't imagine a genuinely nice guy and an obvlious self-concious judgemental bitch could stay together for too long.
>>
>>7193214
This is what happens when trolls fly too close to the sun.
>>
File: stfu.gif (893 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
stfu.gif
893 KB, 500x225
>>7193219

still on about that eh?

what type of grown man actually enjoys sprinkles?
>>
>>7193229
What type of adult refuses to eat something because of sprinkles?
>>
>>7193223

If I'm self conscious it's because of him! I've lost 20 damned pounds since I started dating him. I'm gonna be fucking anorexic at this rate. I've never been self conscious.

And I'm not judgmental. If I put the food in my mouth, and it's bad, that makes me a bad person?
>>
the ginger stories were funny and valid complaints but now this is all trolling, right?
>>
>>7193231

People who don't enjoy them, the same way someone would avoid mayonnaise or ranch dressing on pizza because it's disgusting.
>>
I don't understand OP. I don't think she actually wants tips on how to "break it to him" but rather wants the approval of others about how she doesn't like her boyfriend's cooking.

OP is ignoring the call outs and would rather go into detail about how shitty his cooking is. Are you so fucking weak that you can't talk to your significant other? Do you think letting us know will change anything?

If I were your boyfriend, I would leave your shitty ass. Not only are you passive aggressive, you take his kindness and turn it into stubbornness. "I couldn't control him if I wanted to!" Typical woman behavior. You better enjoy his presence or else you'll be sleeping next to some biker asshole who would rather steal your ginger than cook with it.
>>
File: McWhopper.jpg (51 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
McWhopper.jpg
51 KB, 800x400
>>7193232

Also not the OP.
>>
>>7193233

No I'm not joking. Don't get me started on his obsession with undercooking beef.

Oh, here's a good one I'd almost managed to forget.

> He decides to make peach cobbler.
> Big ass fucking 15/10 pyrex pan.
> Melts an entire stick of fucking butter in it.
> Puts salt in the batter despite baking soda.
> Pours batter on top of butter, not mixing the butter into the batter.
> He reduced the peaches with sugar and fucking brandy into a syrup.
> Pours that over batter.
> bakes.
> When it comes out the fruit bit has practically candied.
> It's like a pastry with a gummy filling almost.
> Why would you do this.
>>
>>7193249

bicarbonate and sodium chloride are different things you're aware...
>>
>>7193241
No, that is me. I've seriously lost 20 fucking pounds. I'm making a doctors appointment after the holidays because I'm worried about it.
>>
>>7193252
Baking soda still makes things salty.
>>
>>7193253

>I'm worried about having a normal healthy body.
>Implying women don't spend trillions of dollars a year to not only look thinner, but look younger/better as well.

You're a moron.

Neckbeard confirmed.
>>
>>7193255

No it doesn't seltzer has no flavour and is the main ingredient besides water.
>>
>>7193257

Being healthy and being a twig are two entirely different things and you are being disingenuous if you are gonna argue otherwise.
>>
>>7193249
That sounds good. Go die in a firey car crash. Insufferable wench.
>>
>inb4 OP is 5'3" and weighed 230 lbs
>inb4 she thinks shes anorexic as she drops under 200
>>
>>7193263
I am 5'5'' and I weighed a healthy 155 thank you very much. I had a decent figure.

Any more and my ribcage will start showing and my breasts are going to start shrinking. I doubt he'll like that very much.
>>
>>7193260

Only morbidly obese people call thin people twigs. Thin is sexy, healthy and normal. What you are (not the OP) isn't healthy in the slightest. It's a sure fire way to ensure a premature death and life filled with otherwise avoidable health complications.

Ignorance is bliss they say, so go enjoy your McDonald's and let your goodguy find himself someone who isn't totally batshit.

You're an imposter neckbeard though... so why im even responding to you is ridiculous.
>>
File: received_1095732550437070.jpg (51 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
received_1095732550437070.jpg
51 KB, 720x960
You're lucky this is a blue board or I'd really start pushing for tit pics

Has he ever cooked anything that did satisfy your demanding, consumerist taste buds?
>>
>>7193119
Speak carefully and in love. Witholding things from one another either becomes something you learned to stop doing or a serious relationship problem. Make that choice today.
>>
>>7193265

According to this you're overweight.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

170lbs for 5foot5 is landwhale status. God damn you're disgusting.
>>
>>7193199
That sounds tasty as hell OP, stop being so fucking whiny and just fucking talk to him.
>>
>>7193232
Yea someone's rolling us, and failing to mimic the OP's writing style
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.u2.jpg (38 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.u2.jpg
38 KB, 550x550
>>7193270

That deconstructed chicken pot pie looks great.
>>
File: 31000196035.jpg (256 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
31000196035.jpg
256 KB, 600x600
Found something more OP's style, guys.
>>
>>7193199
had chicken with a mustard/lemon sauce the other day. glorious, it was
>>
>>7193265
Well the best way to deal with that is bitch and moan on an internet image board. Not only will your boyfriend understand the issue entirely, you'll feel much better as well!
>>
File: 1440056920951.jpg (147 KB, 448x593) Image search: [Google]
1440056920951.jpg
147 KB, 448x593
> Also, it doesn't hurt that he's grown up poor, like dumpster diving/stealing for food poor.

> Boyfriend says a little suffering never hurt anyone. Builds character.
> Says that while it sucks now, it'll make both of us happier to have lived this way when we are older.

>mfw OP's boyfriend has been purposefully controlling her diet to make her lose weight.
> He's grooming her to be a better person through austerity and character building.
> He's taking an insufferable bitch and making her into a waifu.
> And he's too kind/well intentioned for her to be openly angry with him about anything.
> By time she has the balls to mention it, it'll be too late, and she'll be a decent woman with a healthy body.
>>
File: Chickenandmustard.jpg (301 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Chickenandmustard.jpg
301 KB, 720x540
>>7193280

Why doesn't the OP know about Chicken Cordon Bleu?
>>
>>7193270
>Has he ever cooked anything that did satisfy your demanding, consumerist taste buds?

Yes he has. Despite his homebrewing being mostly a waste in my opinion, he does a hard blueberry soda with orange zest and cinnamon that is heavenly, and only around 2-3% alcohol.

He makes a killer Shepard's Pie. He can also cook potatoes like a machine. Like, he knows how to do more dishes with potatoes than most people know dishes in general.
>>
File: 1449610139212.jpg (19 KB, 236x245) Image search: [Google]
1449610139212.jpg
19 KB, 236x245
>>7193278
>implying meat
Sorry buddy
>>
>>7193053

You have the wrong attitude, he's an experimentalist. Don't tell him his food is shit, just tell him every time what you think about the food he made at that time (not his cooking method, his results).
>>
you guys are retarded

is all of /ck/ this easy to bait?
>>
>>7193299

People come here to talk about food and cooking, this isn't /b/ where there is no topic or point... so trolling is a lifestyle for posters.
>>
>>7193299
Is all of ck this easy to bait? No. We counter baited you.

Op you can delete this thread bow that anon has been caught in our trap
>>
Alright, well since everyone seems to think I should just be up front with him, I guess that's what I'll do. I'll have a talk with him when he gets off work today.
>>
>>7193320
Seriously, just be honest if you don't like something. Don't pretend to like it if you don't, that just gets you further in the shit. It sounds like he is pretty extreme about doing everything himself but realize that this is a rare and admirable trait and he is just taking it too far. Unless you guys are really poor or something there is no need to grow your own lettuce. Just talk to him and get him to see the madness of some of his behaviors and hopefully he'll dial it back. Maybe get him to work on something that is actually useful like making furniture or picture frames or something.
>>
>>7193119
Just because he's been forced to dumpster dive in the past doesn't mean he's above reproach.
If he can't cook then he can't cook, and you should tell him that.
You could try cooking with him sometime.
And baking bread is comfy as fuck.
Also
>designating chores
>2015
>>
File: sorrry.jpg (47 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
sorrry.jpg
47 KB, 750x750
I know that feel OP, my dad is the same way

>Dad is a fucking terrible chef
>He is also a fucking NEET
>I work everyday
>Whenever I get home he is cooking dinner
>I never get the chance to cook anything
>His food is terrible. Pathetic
>Much worse than your bf, because he has social development problems and doesn't read recipes because he thinks they are like reading lists of requirements to be friendship
>Literally just looks at pictures of food with their names and tries to cook them
>Took him 7 attempts to learn that pasta doesn't have to be soft before you put it in to the pan, spend 7 pasta dishes washing it with soap in the bath to soften it
>Tried to put the chocolate chips into the cookies while they were baking, burnt his fingers
>Thought that Scotch Eggs weren't real eggs and that they were deep fried white chocolate with lemon cream in the middle
>figured out how to use a piping bag to make donuts
>tried the same thing to make stuffed crust pizza
>tried to use a piping bag to squeeze a raw hot dog into a cooked pizza crust
>got upset when he couldn't
>one day tried to tell him he needs to work on his cooking
>he got angry and refused to eat for 3 days
>eventually convinced him to start using recipe books
>he isn't as bad now
>>
>>7193070
>tell us stories about his cooking
>omg not ur blog faggot
>>
>>7193320
Thanks. I mean, he's right there. It really shouldn't be harder to talk to your boyfriend than to talk to a messageboard.

Especially since he can do some things well, but some things clearly have been awful experiments.

Cook for him a bit. Meet him halfway. Split the chores differently.
>>
>>7193815
LOL
>>
>>7193815
That's adorable and horrifying at the same time. Kinda sorry you had a dad like that. Not that it was his fault, it just must've been rough
>>
>>7193815
>tried to use a piping bag to squeeze a raw hot dog into a cooked pizza crust
That is, hands down, the funniest thing I have ever read.
>>
Implying this isnt a troll.
You're a fucking cunt op.
I wish i had half the skills he does.
I think i hate you.
Over n out desu familia
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 585x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 585x564
>>7193053
>ginger snaps
>complaining theyre not soft

are you trolling
>>
>>7193119
If he is such a great guy that you claim to love, then doesn't he atleast deserve honesty? It would be better for you to sit down and talk to him instead of bashing him behind his back like some tumbler feminazi?
>>
Suggest you take a cooking course together. That's what I did for my girlfriend(who used to cook a steak like she was preparing leather), and it actually worked out really well. Plus, she always wants to show me new recipes she discovered now, and they're all decently well-made.
>>
>>7193306
this made the thread worth it. Great job everyone
>>
>>7193034
this is my first time back on 4chan in 3 years
So this old joke never died huh
>>
>>7194118
welcome back. where did you go? i missed you. love you
>>
this is a great troll
>>
seriously s/he trolled yall so good lmao
>>
>>7193016

Christmas is three days away, buy him a copy of Cook's Illustrated "Cooking School", a book the size of a coffee table which covers fucking everything. Let him peruse that for a while. He can't possible help but get better.

Or, I could sell you my Good Eats DVD collection... have him watch those. ABSORB KNOWLEDGE and whack off to W in that leather catsuit...
>>
File: 1314536223138.jpg (35 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1314536223138.jpg
35 KB, 400x300
>>
>>7193108
The post where it became 100% obvious OP is a troll.
>>
>>7193108
this is definitely a gaping ass troll
>>
>>7193079
>>>> hater is hating
This had better be an ironic post.
>>
>>7193815
>put pasta in the soap bath
You don't make your spaghetti like this, anon?
What's wrong with you.
>>
>>7193085
>white wine never goes with beef

do you know what a fucking risotto is
>>
>>7193053
for the ingredients that he used i can imagine that it was really spicy. just tell him "the coockies are to spicy for me" its not that hard..
>>
File: puking girl.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
puking girl.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>7194242
>beef risotto
>>
>>7193199
chicken and mustard are great together. chicken mustard and honey too
>>
>>7193239
It's a troll thread. Or maybe he thinks his stuff isn't good enough and she wants /ck/ to tell him that's he's very wrong.
>>
>>7193016

When was the last time you cheated on him?
>>
>>7193067
Sounds baller
>>
File: 1443729834742.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1443729834742.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
>>7193285
OP's bf refuses to get a ready-made waifu, preferring to get a basic bitch and make her into waifu material himself.
>>
File: 1439265940418.jpg (153 KB, 1280x881) Image search: [Google]
1439265940418.jpg
153 KB, 1280x881
>>7193249
Now I know you're trolling.
>>
>>7193053
What a pair of cunts!
Who fucking dehydrates their own ginger?
I'm sure this is standard practice for you hipster fucks...
>>
>>7193199
Jesus christ OP you are so damn petty. That sounds like a very decent meal. The man is clearly willing to innovate and try new things.

>women in 2015
Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>7193112
Are you that guy who complained that his wife made Grinch cookies with sprinkles on them?
>>
Why is this thread so big. This post: >>7193053 should have raised some red flags, and this post: >>7193085 confirms 100% bullshit trolling.

Absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: 1446950453972.jpg (83 KB, 604x588) Image search: [Google]
1446950453972.jpg
83 KB, 604x588
>>7194036
I really like this cat.
>>
>>7193016
It's Christmas, buy him a cook book.
>>
>>7193034
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>7193164
He sounds cool and you sound like some entitled flyover bitch. 0/10, troll harder.
>>
>>7194272
This.
>>
>>7193199
Wish I had a bf that made this for me.
>>
>>7193067
Goddamn woman, your boyfriend may not be a good cook but it sounds like he is a killer brewmaster. Seriously, the fucker may be the reincarnation of some ancient Catholic Brewmaster monk. You should get some of your friends to try it.
>>
>>7193053
How about you just say you don't like it and why rather than being a judgemental cow on an anonymous image board?
>>
>>7194549
#notallwomen
>>
>>7193016
Constructive criticism instead of telling him "You're shit!" will go a long way. If you said that to me I would slap your ass down.
>>
I love how if this was a dude posting about his shitty gf's cooking all you neckbeards would be raging with him. Stay sad 4chan.
>>
>Likes to bake.
>Claims making choux pastry and shit like brownies to be easy with absolute smugness.
>One day, baked some choux pastry.
>"It's actually very easy."
>Final product were these hard as shit, almost burnt lumps of flour that smelled nothing but butter.
>He's a Cordon Bleu student.

I mean, I don't know shit about baking, but, damn.
>>
>>7193815
>>Thought that Scotch Eggs weren't real eggs and that they were deep fried white chocolate with lemon cream in the middle

Holy fuck.
>>
Alright everyone, I talked to him last night.

He was a little upset I didn't mention not liking his food earlier, but was mostly receptive on most criticisms. Though he was adamant that ginger snaps are supposed to taste like ginger, and that store bought ones/average american recipe ginger snaps are too week. He also called me a pussy if I couldn't handle them.

Other than that though, he agreed to let me cook more often to make sure we were both happy, but nixed my idea of eating once a day at a restaurant, because a single meal at a restaurant would cost more than 3 meals at home, and apparently the money we're saving is paying off my student loans. So I'll have to deal with that.

I'm cooking tonight though, so I'll be able to show him a quality meal for once. I'm happy.
>>
>>7195730

I know you're trolling but I'm still infuriated. Like when someone in a movie does something stupid/manipulative. I'm glad you can always rely on /ck/ to be extremely gullible. Must be the higher than average age on this board.

That being said I'm sure the meal you come up with will be laffs so I'm gonna be F5ing.
>>
>7193067
>He's putting shit like orange/orange zest, honey, more fucking cardamom, more fucking cayenne, cinnamon and vanilla into it.
>Ginger ale isn't supposed to taste like any of that.

Actually, those are all common traditional ginger ale/beer ingredients. Especially the citrus.

Maybe you should stop being a cunt and trying to find the negatives in his cooking?
>>
File: 8de.png (757 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [Google]
8de.png
757 KB, 1198x1200
>>7194221
This.

3/10 for making me reply to ginger ale post
>>
File: 1449414558189.png (427 KB, 514x662) Image search: [Google]
1449414558189.png
427 KB, 514x662
>>7195130
We all like this cat.
>>
>>7195730
this guy you're dating seems super cool and reasonable.

post what you cooked pls
>>
>>7195934

I will when I cook it. I'm going shopping in a little bit to see what's on sale and what I can manage.
>>
Alrighty, just got back from shopping.

Plan is roast Turkey Breast, with sides of bacon mac'n'cheese, garlic green beans, and a salad.

Let's hope this all goes well.
>>
>>7194448
Well it has been established that OP's bf likes making things from scratch. I guess he likes making his waifu from scratch too.
>>
>>7193016
Be honest with him, but not cruel. If he asks you how something tastes, tell him specifically what he could do to make it more balanced because it sounds like he has a habit of over seasoning.

If my wife makes something new I don't like, and she asks me what I think, I'll usually say something like "it was ok, but it really needs x, y, and z. I'd definitely eat it again with some modification."
>>
>>7193130
> <--- right there implies the word implying, new friend

>reddit
>>
>>7196585
diy waifu's are the best waifu's

home made bitches taste the best
>>
>>7196528
>Turkey Breast

Are you black? I only ask because they tend to be the ones who arbitrarily capitalize shit like that.
>>
>>7193067
sounds delicious, I would try that.
>>
Establish a meeting time that you have regularly to discuss serious stuff. Stick with the same time on a weekly basis or once every two weeks. Discuss you budget, plans for the next week, goals like vacations, major purchases, etc. During the second meeting flat out state that you don't like his cooking (calmly). Figure out a way together where you'll be happy with the food on the table and he'll be happy with helping or not helping (ask him what he wants to do / help on.) Tell him you still like him. Hope it goes well. Find a good book on communication for relationships and read it together. Or be lazy and read this
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/improving-your-relationship-cheat-sheet.html

I laughed at the the stories anon - Good luck!
>>
>>7193016
Just quietly mention that your son prefers his father's cooking. He'll get the hint.
>>
>>7193053
This is b8 but ginger snaps are always a hard cookie
>>
>>7193067
You sound like an insufferable cunt
>>
>>7193016
just casually drop the bomb
>you know you can't cook, right?
>>
>>7196787
>>7196585
>>7194448
>>7193285
lmao, thanks for the laughs
>>
>>7194916
It's like WWE, we know it's a show but it's still entertaining. Not being able to know if this is true or not enhances immersion.
>>
OP has literally never made a single meal without closing the cookbook. Improvising and doing new things in the kitchen is the best thing you can do.

Eat at McTrashy if you like to eat the same salty ass shit every day. Children..
>>
>>7198222
i bet you like criss angel
>>
>>7193067
> He's putting shit like orange/orange zest, honey, more fucking cardamom, more fucking cayenne, cinnamon and vanilla into it.
> Ginger ale isn't supposed to taste like any of that.

Have you never made ginger/spice beer or are you just an idiot?
>>
>>7193108
Why do you keep complaining about it not looking like in the store? STOR EBOUGHT FOOD IS FUCKING MASS PRODUCED FACTORY SHIT THAT HAS TO BE SUPER CLEAR FOR THEM TO GET CUSTOMERS
>>
>>7193291
Why do you keep complaining about the alcohol content, and why do you keep saying homebreweing is a waste?
Homebrewing is fun, interesting and you learn alot, you also know where everything in your beer comes from
>>
>>7193108
Watch "Crème Fraiche", an episode from South Park, it may give him hints that he's overdoing it.
>>
>>7193016
#teamDIYbf
>>
>>7193085
>White wine never goes with beef. Never.
>fucking kill me
I think you're on the right track here
>>
>>7193199
I would give a man so many blowjobs if this was the kind of meal I came home to.

You're too pleb to comprehend the flavors this man is laying down for you.
>>
>>7193016
Show him this thread, and hopefully he'll break up with you. I had a girl like you once: cynical, controlling, complaining. I'd rather eat ginger snaps by my lonesome then deal with your fat ass
>>
OP here. Guess my bf and I have very different tastes. He described my meal as "edible" .

ugh.
>>
>>7198591
Maybe he's still hurt because of what you told him, so he wants to hurt you back, or maybe he's right.
>>
>>7193072
It's because the news keeps telling people 4/chan is a hacking group.
>>
>>7193108
Well of course some random guy doing shit himself isn't going to be the same as buying something from a store. Sounds like you're just a frigid bitch with no sense of adventure.
>>
I want to be exactly like your boyfriend. I want to find worth in the things I do and create, rather than care too much about what my friends, family, and significant others think.
>>
>>7193016
Cook yourself lazy bitch. Idc if he was 'assigned' to cooking, take it up yourself once in a while.
>>
Hey OP why don't you try cooking yourself you fucking bitch. I wish we could dox you so we could warn your boyfriend what a terrible person you are. Fuck you
>>
>>7193815
Are you me?
>>
File: 1448663220421.gif (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448663220421.gif
34 KB, 500x500
>>7193016
Brilliant subtle troll op.

You have truly brought christmas cheer to me
>>
File: 144098.jpg (54 KB, 420x520) Image search: [Google]
144098.jpg
54 KB, 420x520
>>7193199
You tried, but too obvious.
>>
>>7193827
>4chan is one person
You're a child.
>>
>>7193053
That sounds really good. Why not let someone who appreciates him have him?
>>
>>7193265
>155
>Healthy

Lol
>>
>>7193164
Obvious bait to trigger any robots or /pol/acks who lurk /ck/
>>
>>7193042
If she never requests the meal be made again, she ain't into it. If 'We gotta make this again!' isn't said at some point in the meal or after, it ain't a meal worth repeating.
>>
>>7193053
>Literally smells like an old ladies purse
>>
>>7193085
>( White wine never goes with beef. Never. )

I thought that you had made a lovely thread, and I pitied you and your overly-enthusiastic boyfriend. But then I saw this. You know nothing about food. Goodbye.
>>
>>7193119
>a man who has been through what he has

Tbh a lot of people grow up poor, but treating your boyfriend like he's some refugee or something isn't good for your relationship, and while you think it's admiration, it's actually pretty condescending and disrespectful. I'm sure he doesn't see himself the same way you do in that regard.
>>
>>7193053
sounds like fucking stoner hippie
>>
>>7194456
you are a fucking cunt without any knowledge of cooking, plz leave ck
>>
>>7193085
You haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about. Your comments are either subtle trolls or incredibly telling of your hubris.
>>
File: smug dog.png (115 KB, 232x232) Image search: [Google]
smug dog.png
115 KB, 232x232
>>7195730
>eating once a day at a restaurant
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x412
>>7201224
You sound upset?
>>
>>7193072
Not really, I can't learn anything from 4chan. At least reddit can be useful. 4chan is here for amusement
>>
>>7193016
It sounds like his cooking may be fine, you just don't like it. Tell him things that you specifically enjoy and how you like them done. See what happens. No one does something for a long time and continues to see no improvement.
>>
>>7201248
Blasted
>>
>>7193164
Christ man, my ex was like this. I was always super optimistic and happy around her and she randomly got pissed for seemingly no reason; I always worried it might be that she was secretly simply mad/jealous that I was happy all the time. I was in denial but I guess people like you do exist. Thanks for making me miss her less.
>>
>>7193108
I think if I lived genuine poverty, practicing the knowledge and skills into self sufficiency would be invaluable to myself and the ones I'd want to flourish.
>>
>>7193016
Only read through the first five or so of your examples, and skipped past other comments after they all basically said you're a c*nt.

Really fucking simple: if he makes something you hate, like the ginger cookies, tell him you don't like them, and don't eat them.

If it's something like using white wine with beef instead of red wine, tell him you like the beef but think it would taste better cooked with red wine.

If it's something like he put chives on the stroganoff, stop being a c*nt and suck it up. Jesus H. Christ, that's just too fuckin' picky.
>>
>>7193087
Yeah, much less interesting than literally any of the other posts complaining about literally anything else.
>>
>>7202984
>chives
>suck it up

do you not like chives or something
>>
File: fucked up.gif (892 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
fucked up.gif
892 KB, 300x300
>>7193108
>this post
An hero.
>>
>>7193199
>>
>>7201529
I learn a lot from 4chan. Not this board so much, obviously. But /diy/ /sci/ /mu/ /lit/ /his/ and even /tv/ (!!!) have helped enrich me.
>>
File: awesome.jpg (92 KB, 800x1045) Image search: [Google]
awesome.jpg
92 KB, 800x1045
>>7193016
GJ OP this is some subtle shit right here. Color me impressed
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.