[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is anybody here vegetarian? what does your diet consist of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13
File: Food8.jpg (111 KB, 639x428) Image search: [Google]
Food8.jpg
111 KB, 639x428
is anybody here vegetarian? what does your diet consist of
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
>>
Mostly cheese, eggs and spinach
>>
French fries, pizza. The staples of every vegetarian diet
>>
File: 1449179263089.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1449179263089.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>
do vegetarians eat cheese tho? i mean, it's an animal product.
or is ok to eat because the animal doesn't die?
>>
>>7191775
If you wanna get technical, cows cheese isn't vegetarian because it's curdled with rennet, an enzyme found in calf stomachs that helps them break down the proteins found in milk. Thus cheese doesn't count as a vegetarian product unless the rennet is sourced from non animal products. I know this because I worked at a cheese monger before.
>>
>>7191775
>do vegetarians eat cheese tho? i mean, it's an animal product. or is ok to eat because the animal doesn't die?
Is this a serious question? I mean, sheesh.

>>7191813
True, but that just means you have to be more careful about where you source your cheese from.
>>
Grass fed beef.
>>
>>7191821
That's not actually vegetarian. Grass is usually fertilized with blood and bone.
>>
File: 1392125738536.gif (1 MB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1392125738536.gif
1 MB, 300x199
>>7191813
I see. So it's ok to eat the animal product as long as the adult product is blended with another animal product because two negatives make a positive and what the fuck am I reading.
>>
File: baby-got-serious-o.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
baby-got-serious-o.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>7191730
>>
>>7191820
>Is this a serious question?
yes. i'm genuinely curious to know if vegetarians eat cheese. why is that a stupid question?
i can understand if vegans won't touch it, but vegetarians have a different code of conduct. just curious.
>>
>>7191837
Different levels of vegetarians, depends on who you ask. Some say no to any animal products while others just don't eat the big 3 (cows, poultry, and fish) but are fine with eggs, milk, cheese ect.
>>
>>7191850
i see. thanx.

it seems like it's ok to eat as long as it doesn't harm the animal (my best guess).
though i can't imagine that pushing an egg out of your arse would be much fun.
>>
File: 1368670220974.png (53 KB, 210x261) Image search: [Google]
1368670220974.png
53 KB, 210x261
huh I'm a carnivore. I'm not plant killer like you asshole
>>
>>7191683
Dal, Chick pea curry, lentil soup, split-pea soup (one of these every day, I re-heat leftovers). I eat eggs ~once a week, pizza occasionally (lactose intolerant), other cheese products here and there.

Brown rice, roti. Peanut butter on brown toast for breakfast. Only drink water, tea.

I definitely don't eat enough vegetables, but I usually eat some fruit every day.
>>
>>7191859
Chickens aren't forced to lay eggs, they always lay eggs. It's the factory farming and using the animal as your "slave" that brings ethics into question. I eat eggs about once a week, I just don't like them that much.
>>
>>7191889
I should also mention I eat some sweets/junk, and quite a lot of nuts. Also some protein shakes after workouts.

I gotta say, the most noticeable thing about going vegetarian (been vegetarian for 1 year now) is bowel movements. Last year when I was still eating meat I noticed I was starting to get kind of constipated here and there (never had a problem with constipation before in my life). Anyways, that is completely gone and my bowel movements are perfect every day.
>>
>>7191896
yea sorry i made a dad joke. i don't eat eggs much either. i'll by a six and eat maybe four before they expire and then i have throw two away, usually at the kids playing on my lawn.
>>
>>7191730
This is technically vegetarian.

Dunno if it passes the vegan hurdle.
>>
>>7191830
Are you a fucking moron? Here it is spelled out simply so you can understand it.

>vegetarian
Doesn't eat anything that you have to kill an animal to obtain.

>vegan
Doesn't eat any animal products at all.
>>
Mostly soups and carby dishes, for me.
Examples: Peanut soup with plantain, mushroom soup, french onion soup (soy sauce and mushroom broth), bean chili, and miso soup with pure msg and extra seaweed instead of fish broth.
Not soups: Mac and cheese, plantain, rice with lentils, rice with beans, plain rice, brown rice, bread, cheese sandwiches, cold tofu, fried tofu, tofu curry, frozen vegetables, fresh vegetables, tortilla chips, cheese pupusas, peanut butter bread, peanut butter and celery, pasta, gnocci, broiled goat cheese with pesto and sundried tomatoes, occasional salads.
Honestly, still better than dorm food.
>>
I'll start off by saying no, I'm not vegetarian. BUT, I eat a diet very very high in plant foods (and lean proteins) and very low in fats and refined carbs.
This is all because I have to have my gallbladder out sometime soon, and until then I have to be on a very strict nutrition regimen. (I will after as well, but it won't be quite as strict as it is now).
Let me tell you, the past couple of months have been an eye opener. Luckily, I'm a trained cook, as well as a creative cook, so it hasn't been too bad, but it can be terrible when trying to dine out with people. There's whole groups of restaurants that I simply can't eat anything at, and when I go (because friends/coworkers are going) it can really suck, particularly if I'm hungry and all I can order is a side salad with no dressing or nothing at all (which has happened a couple of times).

Bitching aside, there's a whole world of cooking that doesn't need animal fats or products, and you don't have to use those fucking fake abominations either. You can make a really tasty and firm pie crust using bananas in place of butter (2 bananas per crust), for example. Salsa verde tastes great on baked sweet potatoes or regular baked potatoes. Steamed and chopped cauliflower or spaghetti squash really makes a great base for a "burrito bowl" or "noodle bowl". An avocado blended until smooth makes a fantastic substitute for mayo in tuna salad. You can make a fucking tasty as hell coconut cake using coconut water and coconut extract, to keep the fat down, and just decorate it with a light sprinkling of fresh grated coconut
Those are just a few examples, but you get the idea.

Like I said, I'm not a vegetarian, at all, but I can empathize with restricted eating.
>>
Starchy veg like sweet potatoes and plantains, some green vegetables. Lot of fruit, dried fruit. Beans and lentils. Olive oil. Cook in coconut oil or palm oil. Pasta and rice. Nuts, sometimes. Yogurt or butter.

[spoiler]technically I'm a pescetarian. I take cod liver oil. [/spoiler]
>>
I'm broke. I live on a steady diet of ramen without seasoning and applesauce.
>>
>>7191775
Vegetarian just means no meat, not no animal products.
>or is ok to eat because the animal doesn't die?
It's less bad, but it's still bad, yeah. Also, both dairy and eggs still result in the killing of male animals, because they're not needed.
>>
>>7191837
It's really fucking difficult to be vegan so yeah, most vegetarians still allow dairy. It's not necessarily that it's not harmful, just less so.

Also there are religious diets (not based in ethics) which say meat is not ok but dairy is.
>>
http://www.latinospost.com/articles/80290/20151206/vegetarian-diet-linked-emotional-mental-problems.htm

http://www.sott.net/article/203114-Vegetarians-have-smaller-brains

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/now-we-know-that-even-vegetarianism-is-bad-for-the-planet-it-s-time-you-greens-embraced-my-diet-a6779016.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/18/being-a-vegetarian-might-make-you-feel-environmentally-superior-why-that-may-be-wrong/

Friendly reminder that human evolution, our brain size and intelligence has been greatly influenced by meat and fish consumption, being an omnivore is the true, healthy way to eat.
>>
>>7192294
an ethical vegetarian would be willing to give up some of his own health to not have to kill animals.
>>
>>7192311
An ethical vegetarian needs to buy themselves a clue and realize that though we are part of the eco-system, human beings have inherently more worth than animals, that damaging their own body for some faux belief that it'll improve animal welfare, from a psychological perspective could easily be considered a form of self-harm and should be treated as a mental illness.
>>
>>7192376
Where do you live? I want to torture you for the good of broader society. Multiple have more value than you as an individual, after all.
>>
>>7192383
>Multiple have more value than you as an individual, after all.
no they don't. might want to open a book to learn about ethics and human rights one day.
>I want to torture you for the good of broader society.
torture is never good for society. Nor is it lawful or ethical anywhere.

pls go back to elementary school
>>
Bowl of granola and almond milk/pancakes/fried leftover rice for breakfast
Beans/rice/ramen/pasta/lentils/tofu for lunch depending how I feel
Various packaged food to go with them (madras lentils, boxed curries, random things I'll find while shopping)
fruits, veggies (I'll usually get frozen mixed veggies), sometimes a sweet
I'm pretty lazy and never make those great "This meal will turn anyone vegetarian!" recipes you see online, and I'm still very healthy, according to my doctor
Learning to control our appetite is very important, otherwise most vegetarians will just eat lots of chips and pizza.
>>
i typically eat a lot of fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, oats, and rice...
>>
Beans, sweet potatoes, rice, roasted garlic, lots of coffee
>>
>>7192102
Well there is clearly milk products on "nacho cheese" dorrito's, so it's not vegan.
>>
>>7192294
Alzheimer's and other brain degenerative diseases are now shown to be related to high cholesterol and plaque in your arteries, which vegetarians have significantly less. So yea, enjoy your slow death.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74 KB, 720x720
>>7192294
>http://www.sott.net/article/203114-Vegetarians-have-smaller-brains

How cute. This guy doesn't even understand B12. Go tell Pythagoras and warm him about how dangerous his diet is.
>>
File: TheVeganStoner-WatermelonCurry.jpg (225 KB, 667x1600) Image search: [Google]
TheVeganStoner-WatermelonCurry.jpg
225 KB, 667x1600
>>7191683
>>
File: 1264092530401.jpg (86 KB, 500x605) Image search: [Google]
1264092530401.jpg
86 KB, 500x605
>>7191683
>what does your diet consist of
refried beans and rice
a million and one varieties of potato
kraft dinner
eggy weggy breakfast sandwich
various veggie soups and stews
for sweets, i enjoy red bean sesame balls
cuervo
when i hike, i make my own trail mix
favorite dish of all time is dan dan noodles
>>
>>7191730
>>7192102
>>7192840
There's also porcine enzymes and probably others like normal rennet in "Nacho Cheese" Doritos™, so they're not truly vegetarian, either.
>>
>>7191904
This, been vegetarian for almost a year and digesting food has never been so easy. I shit everyday at the same hour.
My diet consiste in salads, rice, beans, soups, pizza, stews. I should eat more fruit though.
>>
>>7194314
Ha, yeah token vegan here blah

I made that recipe for shits and it was hideous. Just disgusting. Turned me off both curry and watermelon for months.
>>
>>7191889
You have very good taste.
>>
>>7191683
pasta, grains, veggies, sugar and shit that's bad for me. Eggs.

I want to go vegan but I need to learn some good vegan recipes because I rely on eggs way too much.
>>
File: vegobord.png (1 MB, 691x795) Image search: [Google]
vegobord.png
1 MB, 691x795
This was my food today.

Scandinavian christmas table, except it's full vegan.

Been at it for 4 and a half years, and I rarely ever eat salads, or whatever you dolts think vegans eat.
>>
I was raised vegetarian, spent a few years having some sort of meat rumspringa and now I'm back at it.
It's a guilty pleasure but I like those tofurkey products like sausage and whatnot.

Other than that I eat in a pretty standard, shitty way as everyone else except no meat.
>>
>>7194480
Not a single comment where people said vegans eat only "salads". But even as vegetarian, sometimes at a restaurant a salad is the only option.

Looks like too much soy there for me, I can't eat the stuff - it really upsets my stomach.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1444346501355.jpg (25 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1444346501355.jpg
25 KB, 400x283
>>7191683
>plain cold tofu
>Amy's microwave dinners
>sweer potatoes
>sadness
>adderall
>flax milk
>dehydrated veggie chips
>salt
>bacn'os
>burger king veggie burgers
>veggie delight sandwich from subway
>tumeric and cumin in everything
>primal jerky
>coconut flakes
>Cliff bars
>bhakti chai tea
I'm going vegan now I also "intermittent fast"
I binge at night and snack in the day
>>
As someone who eats vegetarian food on a daily basis, I can say many are mistaken about vegetarians eating vegetables only.
Yes, vegetarians are not allowed to eat meat but they can take dairy products such as milk, cheese, etc.
As for egg, it probably is still a debatable question if it can be eaten by vegetarians.
The types of vegetarian foods I eat consists of mushrooms, potatoes, and vegetables. There are foods which have been made out of mushrooms to look and taste like actual meat, It does not require any killing of animals.

As for vegans, they cannot eat anything which comes from animals. Dairy products and meat are out. Vegan's diets are way stricter than Vegetarians.

P.S. Please forgive me if I have bad English or the information I provided is incorrect.
>>
File: 2323ade23ed.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
2323ade23ed.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>7191683
[spoiler] DEEZ NUTS [/spoiler]
>>
>>7195414
i fucked up
>>
>>7195366
Are you in Karala?
>>
>>7191766
But there are anchovies on this repost.
>>
>>7192855
>confirmed for not even reading the links
>>7192862
>cherrypicking
nice
>>
Are fetusses vegetarian?
>>
>>7195543
Sorry, that science is old. Those are people cherry picking and have agendas. Science is dynamic and changes. You know it took over 7000 studies before the medical association confirmed that smoking causes lung cancer? Meat is next.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.