[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Cold Cooking" noodles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: pasta1.jpg (125 KB, 580x442) Image search: [Google]
pasta1.jpg
125 KB, 580x442
So I've been thinking about this for a while.

You guys have seen people infuse water with all different kinds of fruits, vegetables, what have you, in order to give the water a better taste? I'm curious it might work out with dry noodles being soaked in water which has been infused already. The noodles would absorb the flavor of the infused water and "cold cook" themselves in the fridge for however long it tastes.

Anyone ever "cold cook" noodles like this? I may experiment with this on Wednesday/Thursday. Would post results of anyone's interested.
>>
sounds retarded desu senpai
report back when the project is done
>>
lolwut

they will rehydrate but still be raw
>>
>>7191454

yes, it works fine, takes a lot less time than you think, and you still need to flashcook them in boiling water before serving. pretty standard way to prep pasta in crap restaurants ime.

>what to flavor the water with?
>the Knorr Stockpot of course
>>
Somewhat interested op. Post results once you try it.
>>
>>7191469
confirmed for thai places that prep rice noodles.
>>
>>7191469

Some packaged noodles come precooked and dried instead of raw and dried. You could always just get the precooked kind and wouldn't even need to heat it up.
>>
>>7191454
I feel stupid for taking the bait.
>>
>>7191646
Doesn't everybody prep rice noodles like that? It's completely different to spaghetti.
>>
my mom would do something similar.

whenever she made pasta she always brought the water to a boil, threw the pasta in then just shut off the heat.
>>
>>7191646
Rice noodles don't have to cook the same way as pasta though.

It may reduce the cooking time but you'd still need to cook them, also I have no idea how you'd get al dente out of water soaked pasta.
>>
>>7191646
Rice noodles are completely different.

The problem about soaking in cold water is that water absorption would be much slower. More absorption means more mushiness.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.