[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Replacing flour by powder rolled oats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1446844293833.jpg (79 KB, 468x396) Image search: [Google]
1446844293833.jpg
79 KB, 468x396
to bake pancaks. Do you think this is possible? I believe oats don't have much gluten.
>>
>>7190198
>I believe oats don't have much gluten.
they do
>>
>>7190203
they dont.
they only have gluten if they were processed in a facility that had processed a gluten product which left some traces of gluten on the machinery
>>
>>7190215
>they only have gluten if they were processed in a facility that had processed a gluten product which left some traces of gluten on the machinery
which is most oats
>>
gluten is a bi-product of wheat, oats don't have any gluten in them.

you can also use ground nut powders as well for pancakes, they may need a rising agent though so check some online recipes.
>>
>>7190242
Thanks.

So could I be doing something like 50% flour, 50% oats?
>>
>>7190306
You could get away with 100% oat flour if you really wanted, just make sure you're using active baking powder and don't expect them to come out with the same texture and fluffiness as pancakes made with real flour.
>>
oatcakes are a real thing.

I like them a lot, here's an easy and /fit/ recipe

>.5c rolled oats
>1 egg
>.5tsp salt
>1tsp baking powder
>hot water or milk until correct texture(usually about .5 cup

let it sit out for about 5 minutes to hydrate and fry into cakes in 1TBSP of butter. I forget exactly but it works out to under 400 kcal for a hearty breakfast that will stick with you, it's a great meal with an apple or similar
>>
>>7190359
>>7190384
It's okay, I'm actually using them to gain weight

I think oats are more caloric and protein rich than flour
>>
>>7190233
true but there is not enough gluten to cook with.
there is enough gluten in those to cause problems for people who are gluten intolerant which is why the label will say its made in a gluten free machine
>>
>>7190415

in that case make two :)
they are about the same in terms of calories but oats do have more protein than wheat
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.