[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever bought food from the dollar store?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 360x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 360x600
Ever bought food from the dollar store?
>>
>dollar store

I'm not a nigger so no
>>
I don't think I've been in a dollar store that sold food. I remember they had one in the mall when I was a kid, but most of what they sold was just random plastic junk.
>>
Yeah. I buy frozen blueberries from the dollar store cause they're 1 buck for 10z instead of 3 bucks for 10 oz across the street at walmart.
>>
>>7189300
yeah
>>
>>7189300
No but have you had their steaks?
http://youtu.be/J0zySGE82HY
>>
>>7189300
Eggs milk and 3 hass avocados for a dollar on sundays. Boxed candy, office supplies, soymilk canned soup. Organic 100% juice box for the kids. Dollar tree near me has a great spice collection have to ask when they get a fresh shipment but it's usually good quality. Chicken nuggets and icecream and frozen fries.
>>
File: IMG_20151215_174006350.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151215_174006350.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
Sheep think the dollar store is bad because "its for poor people" stigma.
Every dollar store has god tier brand name candy but for real food:
>spices and coffee creamer
>depends but jam/peanut butter
>hot/cold cereal
> PIZZA ROLLS
>>
>>7189300
Sure, why not? It's the same stuff just with a lot lower price. A lot of people make their money by being chumps and more than necessary for the same stuff, and I don't mean store brand, that is part of it, but the same exact items at a dollar store, same expiry date, no damage to the items, costs a lot less.

So fuck yes. I do it all the time and I see no reason not to.
>>
Sure. For a long time, Dollar Tree was the only store in my neighborhood that sold the TGI Friday's snack chips I like. They also carry orange-almond cookies that I've never seen anywhere else at all.
>>
Let's look at a simple example, beefaroni, ha ha ha, dollar general price $.70, grocery store $1.40. DUH! Which one to choose?

I don't eat beefaroni all the time but that a fuck tard easy example.
>>
>>7189407
>PIZZA ROLLS
Gee, I wonder how it got that "it's for poor people" stigma?
>>
>>7189473
Not having pizza/pizza roll parties

Kid step your life up
>>
>>7189473
High priced grocery stores want it that way.
>>
>>7189442
>dollar general
Bitch, get the fuck out with that faux dollar store bullshit. Dollar general is expensive as fuck.

Dollar tree or bust
>>
>>7189300
I found smoked mussels at the dollar store. I bought them because regular grocery stores usually only have smoked oysters.

They were okay, I guess.
>>
Just chocolate bars like 20 years ago. >tfw nothing costs a dollar there anymore
>>
No I've only seen garbage food for serfs at dollar stores.
Processed sugar shit.
Processed frozen shit.
I guess if you have no self respect and plans for diabetes and heart disease you'd be fine with buying industrial waste from a dollar store.
>>
>>7189316
I buy lots of frozen fruit. I use it in the summer months to make ice cream and smoothies.

>>7189406
All the milk, even the ones in the fridge, is UHT. It doesn't taste like fresh milk because it isn't fresh milk and I don't like it so I don't buy it.

>>7189300
Yes, but only for convenience foods, frozen foods and Tahitian Treat. They sell O'tasty Tasty Selects dumplings 7oz for $1, The Asian supermarket sells 28oz for $6.49. I also buy Jamaican patties, veg samosas, frozen fruits and Deal$, the $5-store branch of Dollar Tree, was selling Butterball turkeys the Sunday before Thanksgiving, regardless of weight, for $5 each with $10 purchase.
Sadly, my area Dollar Tree and Deal$ are both closing at the end of the year. Well, Deal$ is turning back into a Dollar Tree.
>>
Dollar General brand salsa is GOAT for it's price
>>
>>7189636
>>7189442
Dollar General is not a dollar store. It sells things that cost $30.
>>
>>7189642
We got an expert here.
>>
>>7189659
Indeed I am. I'm a cheap motherfucker. Went to Dollar General expecting bargains and was met with shit prices and even worse quality than a dollar store would have.
>>
>>7189300

Dollar Tree is decent for heavily processed food (things like candy, junk food, etc), but not for real food. I bought a couple cans of black beans there, I couldn't even cook with them. I have no idea what was in those cans, but it was not black beans. Never again.
>>
>>7189636
Another good one from DG is their own brand orange soda, a 2.5 liter bottle is like $1 and blows sunkist away. And no I don't drink it often, in fact I have a bottle only about 2/5 done in my fridge that I bought like 6 months ago.

It's breddy gud soda for what it is.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-21-10-52-17.png (383 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-21-10-52-17.png
383 KB, 1080x1920
>>7189642
Fuck off
>>
>>7189300
Snacks yes.
Food fuck no.
>>
>>7190168
Dollar general carries a lot of name brand foods at regular price or sometimes higher than what you would pay at the super.market, even the off brand is just a few cents cheaper.

Its called dollar general for reason and that reason is to give consumers the illusion that their prices are cheaper than other chain stores which they are not
>>
File: alex_jones-lizard_people.jpg (57 KB, 424x282) Image search: [Google]
alex_jones-lizard_people.jpg
57 KB, 424x282
>>7190199
Shut up and go worship lizard people with alex jones. Point is you go to multiple places to shop. Plus DG has some decent coupons, so like $25 purchase you get $5 off. That's a decent discount % wise, but it's not the only place I shop.

You come across as a lizard people conspiracy nut, you and alex jones should get a room and make lizard people babbies.
>>
>>7189300

all the time
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.