[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /ck/, can you recommend me some cheeses? I'm preferential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: cheese.jpg (40 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
cheese.jpg
40 KB, 300x245
Sup /ck/, can you recommend me some cheeses?

I'm preferential toward bolder flavors, and I'd especially like to start trying cheeses that are acquired tastes. Also, any serving suggestions and pairings would be appreciated.

God bless you, anons.
>>
cheddar, the sharpest
>>
>>7188147
Do you eat it on crackers or toast? What kind?
>>
File: detail_102_1.jpg (74 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
detail_102_1.jpg
74 KB, 300x228
St. Felicien
>>
Stilton.
>>
Pic related with cherries
>>
>>7188142
Cottage.
>>
>>7188142
i would say some really funky brie or other, similar soft cheese is a pretty damn bold flavor.
>>
>>7188142
Get an aged or XO gouda. It's got a bit of an edge to it but it's not funky enough to be considered an acquired taste. And no, the packed "gouda" at Walmart doesn't count. Alternatively, try getting cheese made from unpasteurized milk if it's legal where you live.
>>
what's the best place to buy cheese online?
>>
File: american traditional cheese.jpg (16 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
american traditional cheese.jpg
16 KB, 450x450
>>7188142
Pic related with fresh funyuns.
>>
>>7188142
Danablu.
I'm normally not a fan of bluecheese, but Danablu has a taste not far from feta.
>>
>>7188142
kraft
>>
File: cranberry white stilton.jpg (36 KB, 595x380) Image search: [Google]
cranberry white stilton.jpg
36 KB, 595x380
>>
>>7190144
>Fruit
>In cheese

Completely unacceptable
>>
smoked cheese, oak pref
>>
File: 1a Mimolette.jpg (154 KB, 1600x1191) Image search: [Google]
1a Mimolette.jpg
154 KB, 1600x1191
Jarlsberg and aged Mimolette are a couple of incredible kinds.
>>7189601
This too.
Also, an aged white cheddar is quite choice of a cheese, or Gruyère even. There's too many good ones to list.
>>
>>7189601
>cheese made from unpasteurized milk if it's legal where you live.
What the fuck? Where is it illegal to do this? America? Australia?
>>
>>7190282

All over the place. It's mainly a side-effect of laws governing what can or cannot be imported in to the country for worry of spreading disease, etc.

In the US, for example, it's legal to make cheese from unpasteurized milk. However, it is illegal to import a like cheese, unless it's sufficiently old. But a young unpasteurized cheese wouldn't make it past customs.

There was a similar problem with importing Mimolette about a year or two ago. Mimolette naturally has tiny mites in the rind. They're harmless, but that technically counts as an "insect infestation" in the product and thus imports were banned.
>>
>>7190282
Here in Hamerica all the milk is pasteurised.
Fuck the FDA.
>>
>>7190305
Damn, is it illegal to not only sell the cheese but the unpasteurized milk as well? What aboit permeat free?
>>
File: le ebin bugs faggot.png (100 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
le ebin bugs faggot.png
100 KB, 342x245
>God bless
>>
>>7188174
Seconded on Stilton.
Also Roquefort and Gorgonzola for stinky, moldy, and crumbly. (All good traits for blue cheese)
>>
>>7190333

It depends highly on the state/region. Some places raw milk is allowed. Other places it is not.
>>
>>7190378
>stinky
Blue cheeses barely smell anything.
>>
>>7190390
Well, they don't have noses, do they? ;)

I didn't mean stinky as in a pervasive smell, I meant stinky in that many people find the smell unpalatable (like dirty socks). I was referring to OPs "acquired taste" comment.
>>
>>7190214
you are the biggest pleb on this board
>>
>>7190659
No, that's clearly you.
>>
>>7188174

this

ive tried so many cheeses and i keep coming back to stilton.........unpasturised if you can get it.....but almost any uk supermarket will do a good version
>>
Frenchfag here. Im not that found of cheese even if french (means I didnt develop a sharp taste for cheese even if I like it) but if you like sweet soft cheeses I recommand you fresh goat milk cheese with some bread. It's like my favorite one for you can have different tastes depending on the time you let it brew.
>>
>>7188142
There are a lot of good recommendations here, but I highly encourage you to try any kind of goat cheese. I'm no connoisseur but it is fantastic with crackers, if slightly messy because of its somewhat crumbly consistency, and a great addition (in moderation) to sandwiches and pizza and whatever else you would use cheese for
>>
>>7190999
Ferme ta grande gueule de pute espèce d'infâme tarlouze. Quel genre de pédale sans goût n'aime pas le fromage?

>>7188142
French master race reporting in. If you want to get used to real cheeses, you should try camembert, roquefort (apple and nuts), gruyère, brie, goat's cheese (Honey)... Anything from my glorious home country is going to be delicious.

Also to all Amerifags: kill yourself and take your fake cheeses to hell.
>>
>>7188142
Burrata
>>
>>7192242
>>7192242
this is the french race I know and love
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.