[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Nespresso? I'm new into coffee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Nespresso-logo.svg.png (50 KB, 2000x1141) Image search: [Google]
Nespresso-logo.svg.png
50 KB, 2000x1141
What do you guys think of Nespresso?
I'm new into coffee and I want a cheap machine for drinking one coffee a day or so.
>>
>>7187748
meme coffe machine

Get a simple moka pot
>>
>>7187748
Forgot to add this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpyBYuu-wJI
>>
get a mr coffee
>>
If you want something with great flavour, easy to use, very easy to clean, but comes with a bit of preparation here's what you do.
1. Start with whole beans from your local roaster
2. Hario Skerton grinder
3. Aeropress brewer
4. Enjoy
Optional: variable temperature kettle, I have one and I fucking love it, brings water to the perfect temperature for coffee and tea, no more burnt or bitter shit in my household.

Hand grinding for one cup takes a couple minutes but it's very easy.
Aeropress takes a couple minutes to brew, and it's extremely easy to clean completely. I really don't like machines that have hidden compartments and hold/boil water in and you can't see what the fuck is going on in there.
>>
>>7187791
This, but get a French press instead.
>>
>>7187806
French press isn't as easy to clean as an aeropress. Seriously for one cup of coffee nothing beats an aeropress on ease of use and ease of cleaning.
If anon needed to make multiple cups of coffee I would agree with you.
>>
>>7187748
Someone gave me a nespresso, I kinda like it for it's convenience, the pods taste okay. I'd say better than Starbucks but worse than a real coffee shop. Idk if I'd buy one for myself, I can't really justify spending a lot on a good manual espresso machine either though. Maybe wait for a low end nespresso to go sale? I can't vouch for their coffee machines though, only espresso.

>>7187791
>>7187806

Don't fall for these memes if you're not planning on really getting into coffee. I grind about 25g a day with a skerton and it can be annoying if you're late to work or something. Also don't get these meme machines, use a simple pour over like a hario v60 or kalita wave.

If you have the money you could get a fully automated machine, cheap ones won't brew very well though.
>>
>>7187852
>don't get memes
>get a pour over :^)
>or an automatic pour over machine :^)
>>
>>7187852
>it can be annoying if you're late to work or something
>put water on the stove
>start grinding
>finish grinding
>water boils
>make coffee
I don't see what's so difficult about this. Unless you have a water boiler powered by antimatter, it's gonna take more than a minute for it to heat up
>>
>>7187852
>>7187872
How the fuck is someone using an Aeropress or French press, doing something that requires less skill and precision than a pourover, worse for a beginner?

Don't get pourover unless you want to get into coffee.
>>
>>7187872
upset aeropress salesman
>>7187876
Nothing is really that difficult about it, just takes longer. If I'm already late for work, I don't have time for all of that. My nespresso works as my back up, much quicker to use and better than being forced to drink the shitty coffee at work.
>>7187903
Idk what you're on about but yeah that was my point, get a pour over if you want to get into coffee.
>>
>>7187748
it's fine, if you really want an automatic then go for it, otherwise consider moka pot or aeropress.
>>
i like mine
>>
If OP isn't really into making his own coffee, then Nespreso is a good option. It's MILES better than kurig and there's a lot of nice latte/capucino flavors that come out pretty nice. My aunt has a fancypants one and I absolutely loved using it when I would visit her.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.