[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prawns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1263594_1437663024.jpg (119 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1263594_1437663024.jpg
119 KB, 600x450
Do I cook them whole and then clean them or do I clean them beforehand and then cook them ?
And recipe ideas ?
>>
http://www.seattletimes.com/life/food-drink/one-sure-way-to-avoid-slave-labor-shrimp/

I'm avoiding shrimp for now, I suggest you do the same. inb4 edgy teens saying you can't fix a problem so we should be as violent and amoral as our imaginations allow.
>>
>>7187016
Are your prawns head on like in the picture? If they are, you can use the heads and organs to make some thai dishes. Or remove the heads and shells and make seafood stock out of them.

Either way, I would clean the shrimp first unless you're broiling them. Clean all your shrimp and remove the vein if you so desire. After that, you can make a shitload of great things. Ceviche, shrimp and grits, stir fry, tacos, fried shrimp, scampi, etc. I probably like Scampi or Shrimp and Grits best.

>>7187029
As much as I like shrimp, I'm going to have to agree with you. The methods they use to fish for shrimp are not great for the oceans as well so I've virtually stopped eating it.
>>
>>7187029
>implying I buy foreign-caught seafood

Nigga I live on the ocean
>>
>>7187016
>>7187041
They're caught in the Adriatic sea by local fishermen who use techniques hundreds years old so I don't have any issues like that, luckily.
Yes they are just like the picture. I froze them after buying (they were still alive) and now I want to prepare them. I've heard numerous opinions about cleaning so I thought I'd ask here what is the best method.
I thought about making some stock out of the heads and shells and maybe grilling the meat. Or maybe tacos even.
Thanks for the input about cleaning. Much appreciated.
>>
>>7187113
This. I know a bunch of the people in my city who fish prawns (humpback, spot, side stripe etc) and buy them local and live.

Love them butter-poached or roasted in the shell, but really any method is good if you have really fresh prawns. Also they're great raw.
>>
we usually just cook em whole then clean them take off the heads and shells and whatnot
>>
>>7189117
we eat them shit tract and all except for the heads and the shells
>>
>>7187016
>prawns

you mean shrimp

>>7187029
>>7187041
more shrimp for me then
>>
>>7187259
If they're like the ones in the pic, they're already cooked.
>>
>>7189158
He means prawns because that's what they're called where he's from. Seeing as you knew what he meant I don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>7189158
No, he means prawns, you know, the animal, like he said. Arrogant Ameriblob scum.
>>
>>7187259
>They're caught in the Adriatic sea by local fishermen who use techniques hundreds years old so I don't have any issues like that, luckily

Lucky man. I'm near the Gulf of Mexico and they trawl for shrimp and its terrible for the seafloor. The bycatch alone is terrible.
>>
File: prawn star.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
prawn star.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>7189158
fookin prawns!
>>
>>7187016
Garlic+Chilli is the go to for me.
Quick and easy with zero prep needed.
>>
>>7187029
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>7191136
>Arrogant Ameriblob scum.

Why are Yuropoors so obsessed with America bros?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.