[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I drink a lot of hot tea and never have anything good to drink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: hottea.jpg?itok=T0seKDKi.jpg (21 KB, 673x475) Image search: [Google]
hottea.jpg?itok=T0seKDKi.jpg
21 KB, 673x475
I drink a lot of hot tea and never have anything good to drink it in. I always end up using a large plastic cup. Any have any good recommendations for a good, large, thermos or mug I can get myself for Christmas?
>>
Nothing wrong with your plastic cup OP, keep it up, tea is good for you.
>>
>>7186650
I'm not going to get cancer from it being plastic, right? Just don't want it to fall apart because I'm putting my hot water in it. If neither are a problem then I'll definitely continue using it.
>>
>>7186656
The antioxidants in the tea offset and carciogenic compounds, drink up
>>
>>7186662
"Any"
>>
Any mug would be a step up from a plastic cup. I like to heat mine first so it retains the heat.

As for thermoses, I hear a lot of good things about this one:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0039SLSU6/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_dp_1

I personally have a 1.5l thermos for just hot water and use either a mug or cup and teapot.
>>
>>7186656
>>7186645
Are you literally retarded?

>hurr durr can I drink hot tea out of a plastic cup please let me know if I'm doing something wrong

holy shit kill yourself you insecure housewife-tier faggot
>>
>>7186656
I'm a polymer chemist working on my PhD. Some of the plasticizers and unreacted monomers left over from the production will inevitably get in your tea. The fact that the liquid is hot only means you'll get even more of those things. honestly, the amounts are minute, but it is a growing field of study to see short and long term effects

all that being said, I don't drink out of any plastic products if possible. glass is the best, ceramic being a close second, metals a distant third and plastic in last place

if you have any questions in general about plastic I'd be glad to answer
>>
>>7186645
Drinking it from bone china feels pleasant, and doesn't even have to be expensive for just the one cup.

It's fragile, though. You can't really travel with it. It would have to be used exclusively at home, or just left at work if you can trust it there.
>>
>>7186645
>go to amazon
>search whatever shitty fandom youre in + mug
>pay $15
>drink from it

any other mug isnt going to make your tea or drinking experience any better, theyre all just ceramic bowls with handles
>>
>>7186709
Lips are rather sensitive. That's part of what makes kissing feel so good. You should be able to feel the difference between quality china and cheap ceramic.

It's a marginal improvement to the experience, but it's there.
>>
>>7186645
Browse Amazon or your local housewares store.

Find a mug or teacup you like.

Buy it.
>>
>>7186668
How hard was it to get into grad school for chem? I'm hoping to do work in the biochem or biofuel industry someday.
>>
File: 1427633299415.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1427633299415.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>mfw browsing aliexpress for ceramic cups and teapots
They're so fucking beautiful. Yet so absolutely tiny. I'm talking 50ml for a cup and 200ml for a teapot tiny.
>>
>>7186737
>take up pottery
>make your own
>git gud
>sell stuff and make your money back
>>
Contigo auto seal flask, my man.

It's a vacuum flask that doesn't leak, can't spill, and it's designed to be drunk straight from the flask, which most thermos aren't.
Got mine a few months back and have got a couple as Christmas presents I like them so much.
>>
Fuck man are you serious?
You can get ceramic cups fucking anywhere.
Thrift stores they practically give them away for free.
A fucking plastic cup? How long ago did you just completely give up on your life anon?
>>
>>7186645
Just get a 1$ mug anon.
>>
File: photo-2.jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
photo-2.jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
>not owning one of those giant Sports Direct mugs

YGSIU
>>
>>7186895
My god. That is the most cheap horrible thing ever. I don't even know why they're selling mugs.

Luckily these Americans don't have the displeasure of know about sports direct.
>>
>>7186668
what plastics are drinking cups ususally made of?
polypropylene?ld-pe?
>>
>>7186727
it wasn't too difficult. I did about 5 semesters of undergraduate research and published one paper in undergrad, had a 3.23 gpa and got a 161/163 verbal/quant score on my GRE and ended up at a top 5 school. biochemistry has a pretty poor job market though, so be careful and only go into it if you got into a good school or you're working for a good professor

>>7186982
biodegradable cups are usually polylactic acid, very hard cups are usually polycarbonate (bad), soft plastic cups and coke bottles are usually polyethylene terphthlalate and Styrofoam cups are polystyrene

that's just broadly speaking though, there are 2-4 dozen kinds of plastic used for cups (if I had to guess)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.