[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does coffee taste like? Nobody ever gives me a straight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: the himouto life is suweeeeeet.jpg (437 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
the himouto life is suweeeeeet.jpg
437 KB, 1000x1000
What does coffee taste like?
Nobody ever gives me a straight answer when I ask them.
>>
It tastes like coffee. If you don't know what coffee tastes like, you should taste some and find out for yourself.
>>
>>7186078
Tastes like burnt piss. Just take a smell of it brewing it tastes worse than that.
>>
>>7186078
Hot, bitter water...but not really.

The scent of coffee is very indicative of its flavor.

Goddamn I love coffee.
>>
>>7186078
If you add cream, it has a nutty flavor, almost like chocolate, but not really.
It's really nice.
>>
>>7186078
Like dark chocolate
>>
It tastes like your autism minus the autism
>>
>>7186078
similar to chocolate with no sugar
>>
File: 1298592335325.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1298592335325.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>7186078
I saw this and thought it was supposed to be Loss.

I've been here too long.
>>
>>7186078
Coffee is a hard taste to describe.
It's like trying to explain sound to a deaf person or something.

It tastes kinda like chocolate with no sugar (think bitter chocolate), while it also has a kinda nutty flavor in the background. The smell of coffee is basically how it tastes too.

Good coffee is heavenly all by itself, bad or mediocre coffee needs a little sugar and cream to not taste like complete shit.
>>
>>7186078
its an earthy smell
>>
bitter, chalky, roasted, nutty
>>
File: Sakamoto_shrug.jpg (27 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
Sakamoto_shrug.jpg
27 KB, 500x496
>>7186078
I drank coffe for the fisrt (and so far only) time nine months ago. To a person not used to coffee, It tastes like a bitter cereal juice. With a little sugar it tastes like a less bitter cereal juice.

It's not horrible or anything though.

>>7186275
The exact same thing happened to me. With that last pannel, who could blame you?
>>
>>7186078
sugar milk and bitter water
>>
Just get some and taste it. I would recommend getting some made for you professionally if you can't trust someone to make it right (many people can't even operate an automatic drip machine properly, unfortunately) and then take it "regular". For a standard coffee cup size this would be like one teaspoon for sugar and a dollop of milk/cream.

Something simple and standard like that to start with. No special blends or special brewing methods or listening to those "real coffee is black coffee" fools and not decaf... Just plain regular coffee.
>>
>>7186078

like watered down, unsalted vegimite.
>>
>>7186684
>cereal juice.
what the fuck is that
>>
>>7186768

Milk
>>
>>7186768
It is nothing, just making a comparison. Its taste reminded me of bitter cereals, and coffee is a liquid. Another liquid I thought of was "juice". Cereal juice.
>>
Mud, toffee, and a hint of smoke.
>>
Umami smoked onion with a sprinkle of linseed
>>
Coffee effectively tastes of everything. It contains a huge variety of the flavour compounds that we appreciate in other food, which is what makes good coffee so rich and deep.
>>
You know all those wine snobs that think they can tell the difference between a 10 year old wine vs a 2 year old wine, or any number of fucking flavours like "forest floor" and "chestnuts roasting by an open fire using organic hickory wood" and whatever bullshit else?
Well, coffee (medium roast) has literally double the amount of flavour compounds that wine has.
>>
>>7186078
Basically like raw cocoa beans or bitter chocolate, with some ground mud thrown in there, and some nuts. Hard to desribe but breddy gud.

Bad coffee just tastes like bitter mud water
>>
tastes like hot bean water

love me some beanie goodness
>>
>>7186078
why haven't you tried it?
>>
>>7186078
How the fuck would you know if it's a straight answer or not if you've never tried coffee?
>>
>>7186078
>Nobody ever gives me a straight answer when I ask them

>keep asking instead of just taking a fucking sip of some
fuck off
>>
It tastes like hot water with wood flavor

There, i destroyed coffee for you all
>>
>>7186275

It is meant to be Loss.
>>
File: smokedhog.jpg (158 KB, 1582x1150) Image search: [Google]
smokedhog.jpg
158 KB, 1582x1150
>tfw you drink coffee without cream or sugar
>>
File: 1427224264493.jpg (52 KB, 680x835) Image search: [Google]
1427224264493.jpg
52 KB, 680x835
Like dead dreams and minimum wage
>>
>>7186078
Pyridine, pyridine is one of the compounds that flavor coffee. There, now I ruined coffee for everyone.
>>
File: 1450015758436.jpg (15 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
1450015758436.jpg
15 KB, 500x288
>>7186275
is this more obvious for you?
>>
>>7186863
>I don't have taste buds

>>7188141
#baristafeels

Also op it tastes like earthy nut water because that is literally what it is. Coffee beans are nuts not beans. Plebs cant into processing
>>
File: 1427834696535.png (226 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
1427834696535.png
226 KB, 720x479
>>7188197
Oh yeah I never noticed it before but now I can totes taste the pyridine. You totally ruined coffee for me now, anon.
>>
>>7186078
if its black id say it tastes like an overwhelming bitterness on the tongue depending on the coffee. if you add milk/cream and sugar then id say it tastes like a hot milkshake with a bitter twist to it. if you only add sugar its bitter sweet. if you only add milk/cream its bitter smooth.
>>
its nutty and bitter
>>
Wanna know?

Cook some beef
Let the small pieces of fat, beef, grease, etc. sit on the pan for a whole day.
Add hot water to the pan and mix
Taste after a few minutes so the smell and flavor get leached into the water.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.