[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got all the stuff to make jambalaya except I forgot chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: food.jpg (18 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
18 KB, 300x225
I got all the stuff to make jambalaya except I forgot chicken broth. can I make it with water instead?
>>
>>7185288
Just add a packet from some ramen same thing
>>
>>7185288
Nope. It's the stock that makes jambalaya.
>>
it won't be as good

do you have a jar of condensed stock or bouillon? even vegeta mixed with the water will be better than just water
>>
>>7185311
>>7185306
I don't have anything like that and I can't get out to buy any for a while. I don't have any bones but can I use extra chicken meat and onion to make my own broth?
>>
File: vegeta.jpg (110 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
vegeta.jpg
110 KB, 1000x563
>>7185311
>even vegeta mixed with the water will be better than just water
What liquid from Vegeta are you going to mix in with the water, anon?
>>
>>7185311
Yeah cream of chicken or something is a decent alternative that's normally just in people's pantries randomly.

Next time you're out, go to the mexican spice section and buy some chicken buillon cubes. They make things taste delicious.
>>
>>7185381
Can we even use mexican spices in jambalaya?
>>
>>7185381
>chicken buillon cubes
>in the mexican spice section
Jesus Christ Americans, what is wrong with you?
>>
>>7185519
What's wrong with bullion cubes? Or are you just against mexican spices?
>>
ok seriously though, all I have is 6 boneless chicken thighs, sausage, and peppers and onions. what can I do here?
>>
>>7185688
go to the store for chicken broth
>>
>>7185742
I already explained that I can't
>>
>>7185288
Jambalaya is, by nature, a mix of sausage, rice, and whatever else you have on hand. Go right on ahead.
>>
>>7185771
should I cut up all the stuff ahead of time and try to simmer the chicken trimmings and vegetable bits first?
>>
>>7185909
Do you have beer and/or white wine?
>>
>>7186124
I have beer but it's old rasputin so I don't think it would work.
>>
>>7185909
yes. add some paprika and butter and it will be delicious
>>
File: 90094690_1280x960.jpg (140 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
90094690_1280x960.jpg
140 KB, 1280x960
>>7185288

DONT FORGET ABOUT THE SHRI-I-I-IMP
>>
>>7186355
do I cook the chicken and vegetable bits first or just throw them in raw?
>>
>>7186402
brown meats then set aside
deglaze
soften veggies in meats juices
add liquid
add seasoning
add meats
add rice
cook until the rice is tender and absorbed all liquid
>>
>>7185519
Don't pay attention to these retards. Bouillon cubes and powder are in the regular spice section and the canned and packaged soup, pasta, and rice aisle, as well.
>>
>>7185288

if you don't have any flavoring for the rice, you're pretty much just making rice with sauce and vegetables which would just be something some Asian family eats. It'll still be tasty, just not as good.
>>
>>7186380
DON'T CALL ME UNCLE NO DON'T CALL ME UNCLE BROTHA

DON'T CALL ME UNCLE
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.